August's PS+ games announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

Would be nice if the selection was better since Last Month was also Pathetic imo and we are in Lockdown here in Sydney till like October (plus I'm on Holidays from Work for 2 Weeks during August as well) but oh well, looks like I'll stick with my Switch and Xbox One X this month (just grabbed Borderlands Legendary Collection and Zelda SS HD on Switch and gonna grab Borderlands Legendary + Bioshock and the rest of the Lego games for 360 on Xbox since they are all on Sale as well ?)

Here's hoping September doesn't suck total DICK ?

On 24/07/2021 at 7:00 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

More online multiplayer stuff? Still PVZ at least has couch co-op, so could be fun with the wife. Tennis too might be good, the last tennis game they gave free (AO something) was god awful in how it controlled so hopefully this is more traditional. Edit: Damnit! It’s made by the same developer!

Ao tennis is a decent game what are you talking about, they update their games often.

23 hours ago, sillyrobo75 said:

Man, at the start of the year I was impressed how there were like 3 months in a row that had ps4 games that I wanted to play right away, and then, 3 months of ps4 games I had no interest in, followed by this... lol by far the worst month in quite some time. I can only by amused I guess. Glad at least I don't have an active subscription atm and am avoiding this pathetic month.

whats wrong with tennis.

On 24/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

Tennis too might be good, the last tennis game they gave free (AO something) was god awful in how it controlled so hopefully this is more traditional. Edit: Damnit! It’s made by the same developer!

There was no "last tennis game they gave free" on Plus. This is the first tennis game ever.

I absolutely love tennis games and not having to pay for one is a huge plus (no pun intended). I was also curious on the plants vs zombies game. Don't care so much for that Hunter one but I also know nothing about it so who knows. I really don't think this is a crap month at all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

There was no "last tennis game they gave free" on Plus. This is the first tennis game ever.

Might have been PS Now. Same difference.

@patrickogorman19
Different opinions I guess. The method of taking shots in that game is different to every other tennis game I have ever played; it was either awful or just not explained well. 

Ok, Sony doesn't know who you are...so this isnt  a personal attack against anyone.

I have not loved or even liked all games we have gotten but they are usually all different...as people enjoy playing different games.

I will grab Pvz and tennis...will they be great? I dont know...but i will try them.

I got FF7R free this year so everything else is just a bonus.

• Like 1

I platted PvZ BfN back on early 2020 and it was a massive grind! ?

on the other hand I’ve never played/platted a tennis game before so I’m looking forward to try Tennis World Tour 2 ?

being completely honest, after the April games (Zombie Army 4/Days Gone) the PS Plus lineups have been very bad in my opinion.

Battle for Neighbourville was worse than Garden Warfare 1 & 2. It’s the worst of the series. Support for it was stopped 1 year after launch. And they’re giving it away for free so that maybe one or two people throw $20 into their micro transactions?

Sigh.

What a fucking awful month.

On 2021-07-24 at 5:18 AM, RedDevil757 said:

Plants Vs Zombies is great. It's also a very easy platinum

It may be a 2/10 difficulty, but the grind is like 500+ hours. Even if you use the XP glitch that’s still 20 hours of doing nothing.

On 2021-07-24 at 6:47 AM, Cleggworth said:

Does anyone know if PvZ has trophies stuck behind rotating modes likes Garden Warfare 2? I enjoyed the first 2 so I'm tempted but I'll pass if there's another boss hunt type scenario

Nope. Rather they opted for a several hundred hour platinum tied to a single trophy. All the rest can be gotten easily and quickly, but the last one will take hundreds of hours. There’s an XP glitch that reduces it down to like <30 hours though.

On 2021-07-24 at 10:33 AM, CaptainJeff87 said:

I played PvZ years ago on the PS3 and it got boring really fast

Sports games are always a terrible choice for Plus

Battle Royale games are literal garbage 

Sony has really stepped up their game this year in terms of free content!!

Which PvZ? The amazing tower defence from 2009? Or the equally amazing Garden Warfare 1 & 2? And if you didn’t like them you definitely won’t like BfN as it’s the worst of the series.

On 2021-07-24 at 11:10 AM, depresso-cat said:

God dang! To be fair they gave away Control and Final Fantasy 7 remake not too long ago. I'm only own ps4/subscribe to ps+ for less than too years, but it feels like they drop good stuff for a few month a year and the rest is just a filler. I wish they would do more classics/remasters again, I'm not buying a lot of games just because I feel there's high probability of them being offered as ps+ games.

Is PvZ platinum still obtainable? The only game I might possibly play out of the selection...

It is. Be warned the one 20 characters to Master rank takes hundreds and hundreds of hours. All the rest are quick and easy & fairly fun. You can use an XP glitch to reduce the level 20 to <30 hours.

On 2021-07-24 at 1:20 PM, ShadyWARcotix said:

Can't complain about PvZ loved PvZ GF2. Rest is garbage.

BfN is the worst PvZ shooter. Worse than Garden Warfare and its sequel. So there’s reason to complain. Support for the game was dropped a year after launch too.

On 2021-07-24 at 1:50 PM, AgentSmiz said:

People still complained about what games were offered and what game won. It didn't solve anything which is probably why Sony have never tried it since.

Fact of the matter is, regardless of what they put on Plus, some people are going to whinge about it regardless. Some of the complaints may be valid and others are going to be with the mindset "Things I don't like = trash". No month is ever going to appeal to everyone and at no point is anyone forced to play any of the games.

With regards to the games themselves, PvZ is probably the most likely out of them that I'll play but they're all get put in the library regardless. Trophy list seems grindy but not difficult.

Grindy is an understatement. Hundreds of hours for the character levels. <30 with the incredibly boring XP glitch.

On 2021-07-24 at 2:51 PM, Okoteiru said:

I really don't recommend the PvZ BfN game, I love dearly the original tower defense game, had great fun with GW 1&2 but this one is super crap...

My advice is: give it a try with alt account so that you know what you're getting into.

PS: it's super grindy

Super, super, super, super, super, super grindy is more accurate.

On 2021-07-25 at 5:26 AM, Jelly Soup said:

I remember the first Plants vs. Zombies battle whatever title was ok, what little I played of it. Might give this one a try. The other two don't interest me.

If you only thought Garden Warfare was ok you’ll probably hate this game. Worst of the series.

• Like 1