First ever Trials game, I have a few questions

KindaSabbath

This is my first experience with the Trials series. From reading through the other threads, I understand that it's a difficult platinum for a new player and that's all good, it's what I was looking for. I do have a few questions though:

- What should I prioritise getting comfortable with in preparation for extreme tracks? So far I have a good understanding on the basics but sometimes I feel like I consistently fluke my way through some of the harder tracks lol. I think bunny hopping is one that I need to work on. I can do it but it rarely feels clean or consistent. I've got A+ on all of the university levels that I have unlocked (including bunny hopping), my last one was the uphill obstacles. In regards to bunny hopping, will it just click at some point?

- Are the DLC tracks harder? It's difficult for me to tell due to lack of experience in  trials, it could be just me being shit. I'm level 59 and have to grind to 68 to do the monster mash stadium final. So I bought the DLC to avoid doing contracts and just enjoy new tracks ( @Arcesius Thanks for the tip in the other thread ). I've got gold or platinum on every track from the base game that I have unlocked. I have gold or platinum on the DLC tracks that I have played so far ( I've only played the hard ones) but they felt significantly more challenging with harder obstacles vs the base game's hard tracks that I've played. If this is the case, I'm thinking about grinding all the DLC before continuing with the base game as an attempt to improve quicker.

- Also looking for any suggestions with how to be efficient with my time? There's no guide and to be honest it all seems pretty straightforward. However, do more experienced players have any advice to offer in the way of a Roadmap? So as stated above, I've got gold or platinum on everything so far, A+ on all uni of trials so far and my plan is to potentially bang out the DLC, net all the miscellaneous trophies and collectibles in both DLC before returning to the base game to finish up all the tracks. Then mop up base game collectibles and finish off with the skill games. Good plan or no?

I'd also like to mention that I'm not playing trials purely for trophies. I want to get good at the game so any tips at all would be greatly appreciated. I plan to go back and grind out better medals after the trophies.

I started with rising as it seemed a good place for a beginner such as myself to jump in. Because of the in game tutorials and the way it's laid out. I'd very much like to earn my stripes with this one and then progress to fusion. Even though trophies are not my primary motivation, I do like to try and be efficient where possible. There's so much to do! Just looking for a little direction from more experienced players.

Edited by KindaSabbath

Just wanted to drop an update in here. 

So I've just gone by feel in regards to what to tackle first in this game etc. So I've done a bit of everything, really. I've done a good chunk of the base game and almost all of the sixty-sixty DLC. I feel as though parts of the game that didn't click to begin with are starting to come together, more or less. 

My plan now is to:

-Finish off all the hard tracks and stadium finals to unlock the base game extremes.

-Get the last A+ for rear wheel bounce in the university of trials.

-Get the base game collectables.

--Get all the collectables and misc trophies from the crash and sunburn DLC and unlock the two extreme tracks.

-Gold medal the extreme tracks starting with the base game.

-Gold Medal all the skill games.

Today I did manage to get my first Gold Medal for an extreme track. I unlocked the two extremes from sixty-six quite early by cleaning up the trophies in this DLC. I decided to give Warehouse HD a spin a couple of days ago and it didn't go well at all. In fact, after timing out twice on the first few checkpoints, I uninstalled the game in a rage lol.

I got over my strop, downloaded the game again and decided to keep chipping away. I got my first pass on Warehouse HD with no medal and it took me around 30 minutes with just shy of 300 faults. I reached out to @Baker

Who was super helpful and told me it's just part of the process with learning the trials games.

Came back to it today after clearing some other tracks and uni lessons and got my first gold on the extremes:

Almost choked it on CP 9 as I realised I was on for the gold. Strangely enough I hadn't really had many issues with this CP beforehand. Anyways, still a long ways to go and a lot to learn/improve on but I'm feeling good about it and having fun.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Eternal21 said:

@KindaSabbath I see you went after Trials Fusion plat afterwards.  Congrats, I believe that's the hardest one of the PS4 trials games.  You may also want to check out Trials Of the Blood Dragon. 

When did Trials Fusion get a platinum?  Trials of the Blood Dragon is a good mix of Trials and a platform shooter, but is very awkward in that the bike parts are like using the worst bike for the entire game, and the on-foot-shooter parts having bike-riding-esque physics.