Things to note before doing the online trophies!

Sergen

38 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Most important thing to note, level 50 grind is a fucking boring slog. 

Aye this is probably the worst online XP grind I’ve ever done, and I’ve done a few shyte ones in my day. Would highly recommend loading up on some podcasts & albums before delving into this one. Or even better, set up a TV nearby with some shows to watch. Break it up into bite sized chunks if you feel like you’re starting to go insane.

• Like 4

This is a great all-in-one reference for anyone cleaning up this game.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Too much on my backlog to add another big game on my list.

For anyone who hasn't started yet, I highly recommend against it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

There is still 6 weeks for shutdown. Its enough to get the MP done

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

There is still time to get the online trophies done. It’s worth getting this part out of the way in case many want to plat or 100% it. 

10 hours ago, HondaHoe said:

why?

10 hours ago, Vergil said:

There is still 6 weeks for shutdown. Its enough to get the MP done

9 hours ago, J2VLegacy said:

There is still time to get the online trophies done. It’s worth getting this part out of the way in case many want to plat or 100% it. 

Everyone's entitled to their opinions. My opinion is the game is a complete ball ache & the online grind was the worst I've endured on PS3. Anyone whose sitting the fence on whether they should start now should be aware that it's a boring game at the best of times and rage inducing at the worst of times.

• Like 1

I boosted some M4 kills in "Marty's Bar" which I found a better place than "Branco Headquartes", at least with some other active boosters: it has a big open area in the middle so everyone can just run there easily, also I think it is a DLC map (I don't know which one it belongs to) so there should be less randoms.

• Like 1

@Sergen did you have any issue with Challenge mode? I'm literally stuck on chapter 1. The bit where you need to get 2 kills in 30 seconds with explosions. I shoot up the car on the right and the splash damage doesn't kill anyone, same with the car on the left. I've even tried softening up the enemies when they are right next to the car with a bullet to the foot but nothing helps. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong or if it's just bugged

Edit: Restarting the game did the trick! Worked first try, splash damage from the explosions killed the enemies as normal.

Edited by GraniteSnake
Clarification

42 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

@Sergen did you have any issue with Challenge mode? I'm literally stuck on chapter 1. The bit where you need to get 2 kills in 30 seconds with explosions. I shoot up the car on the right and the splash damage doesn't kill anyone, same with the car on the left. I've even tried softening up the enemies when they are right next to the car with a bullet to the foot but nothing helps. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong or if it's just bugged

Edit: Restarting the game did the trick! Worked first try, splash damage from the explosions killed the enemies as normal.

Sometimes while I was doing the 4-1 grind for rank 50 it'd not allow me to blow up cars when I shot them many times and that was enough to make not unable to get a platinum medal. The game overall is just absurdly glitchy in a lot of places and the only thing you can do at that point is restart the game and hope it won't be as glitchy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ChromeSaw said:

I have a question about New York Minute. Does it have to be done online like Challenge mode? I saw that there’s leaderboards for each chapter. Thanks!

nope. NYM and NYMHC can be done completely offline

• Like 2

Didn't read the op post cuz I see it's talking mostly about the DLC trophies but I wanna say for anyone who hasn't started MP3 yet and may be in doubt about being able to get the online trophies in time.I was able to get all the ones that don't require time (weapons one and lvl 50) legit in only 2 days,I just played online for the 1st time monday and got the easiest trophies and yesterday tuesday managed to get the gang wars related ones.While yes luck is required to find people specially on gang wars,good team and all that...it's very possible,yesterday I played like 6 gang wars matchs in a row cuz people wouldn't leave,I actually couldn't believe when I got the trophies but MP3 is one of those situations where when you read about the online trophies they sound way more hard than they actually are when you play and understand the game,I know I'm not alone when I say this cuz this happened to me so many times with so many games.I must say though that I seem to be quite skilled on MP3...whenever I don't play with lvl 50s I'm the best playa of the match which made me earn the Deathmatch trophy easily so there's that too but just saying to anyone who is in doubt about starting it,if I was able to get them legit in 2 days (8 hours of actual play time) then let alone boosting.

Now for the lvl 50 grind,hope I'm able to get it legit too but I must say I regret not playing MP3 before and get to try the online when it was more active (had the game sealed here since 2013 lol).I found the online quite fun and it's surprisingly well done,it'll be lovely if I manage to reach lvl 50 while having fun instead of boosting or score attack.

33 minutes ago, Welmosca said:

snip

There's not much to say about the base game online trophies other than Rank 50. All the misc online trophies for the base game are self-explanatory. I guess I'll add that the hardest base game online trophy can be done with a turbo controller just spamming the :cross: button because it will continuously search for Gang Wars matches and hopefully by then you'll get to find a team who can win without losing a round by carrying you while you aren't there to care about it. Most people who want to do the game before it shuts are also interested in the DLC and that's mainly the part that requires some explanation.

Edited by Sergen

So I need a clear explanation.

It's very doubtful, but if I cave in and buy this game anyway, I can do all the actual multiplayer stuff in just a day or two?

The rank 50 trophy ordeal I can do at my own pace because I went thru that boring slog that was Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag TWICE with its level 55 trophy. Took about 15 hours to get it. If it's possible to get the stuff that requires boosting in just a few short hours, that's actually pretty good. That doesn't sound nearly as bad as Far Cry 2's multiplayer, and I would stand a shot of getting a sub 1 percent platinum on the PS3. I am NOT doing Far Cry 2, as that kind of time just isn't for me.

23 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It's very doubtful, but if I cave in and buy this game anyway, I can do all the actual multiplayer stuff in just a day or two?

The rank 50 trophy ordeal I can do at my own pace because I went thru that boring slog that was Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag TWICE with its level 55 trophy. Took about 15 hours to get it. If it's possible to get the stuff that requires boosting in just a few short hours, that's actually pretty good. That doesn't sound nearly as bad as Far Cry 2's multiplayer, and I would stand a shot of getting a sub 1 percent platinum on the PS3. I am NOT doing Far Cry 2, as that kind of time just isn't for me.

I wouldn’t compare Max Payne 3’s boost to Far Cry 2’s boost. Everything besides hitting level 50 can be done within 1-2 days if you’re playing a bunch, so I wouldn’t worry. You have plenty of time to obtain the trophies in my opinion.

The most people you’ll need are 5 for 2 trophies, the rest will need 2-4 people. I wouldn’t pass the game up if I were you, but I also wouldn’t wait to make a decision. I say go for it bro. 

55 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The trophy for reaching level 50 is an online trophy and so it HAS to be done before the servers go offline in a few weeks. Keep in mind you also need to join a multiplayer lobby after reaching rank 50 in order for the trophy to pop.

But yes, you can work on it at your own pace and it’s still very doable within that time frame if you set aside a few hours of grinding per day. You’re looking at a little less than 35 hours to go from rank 1-50 grinding Ch 4-1 in Score Attack.

The rest of the multiplayer stuff (including the DLC stuff) is quite easy and can be knocked out pretty quickly, with the majority of the trophies being boostable with just 1 other partner. There are a handful of trophies beyond that which are fairly quick and easy to boost but will require organizing larger groups in order to fulfill the requirements.

Realistically you should allow yourself more than just a day or two because of the logistical stuff involved in boosting groups and the shitty matchmaking system. Boosting these kinds of games always takes a lot longer than you expect them to. There are still quite a few active groups working on this right now so it won’t be hard finding boosting partners and jumping right in.

You should decide very soon though. I wouldn’t wait much longer because the window is shrinking everyday and if you wait any longer you’ll probably be cutting it really close. There is quite a lot of stuff to get done so if you decided to buy the game now you should be prepared to commit to it for the next few weeks in order to get all the MP stuff done on time.

Edited by dieselmanchild