A Fun but Buggy Game + Tips for Platinum

LivinLikeLog

I haven't seen much coverage on this one, so I wanted to give a little warning that there are plenty of bugs. It's obvious this is due to the vita store hard deadline, but still, some of these glitches are super common. I'm talking disappearing enemies, missing gems, 80's levels of grammar at times, and tons of delayed jumps. Still, I think the game was made with plenty of love, and it's an easy sub 4 hr platinum. 

As for tips, I can't recommend enough that you take advantage of one bug in particular, respawning health/mana chests after restarting the game. That's right you can easily cheese yourself up to max health and mana, if you grind one spot in particular. I'd recommend the save point in the Goblin Caves, which is conveniently right next to a shop that holds a crystal heart within a lightning chest. Basically you need 4 of the crystal hearts to increase your max health. This can be kinda annoying, since you only start with two hearts, and the game can be a little tough at times. So, by grabbing the lightning chest heart in the shop, saving at the nearby save point, and then resetting the game; you can totally reach the max health limit of 5 hearts in around 20 minutes or so. Sure, it's tedious, but with the ample amount of bugs going against you, I figured it's only fair to take advantage of one to even the playing field. 

I'd like to add that you should totally grind the 500 gems trophy here as well. This trophy is, unfortunately, not cumulative, so you'll need all 500 on you at once for the trophy to pop. By doing the grinding here, you'll be able to also purchase both shop items at once, since both cost 250 each. This will unlock another two trophies for buying both upgrades, so it's definitely worth it in the end. 

Anyways, I hope this helps somebody out. This is a game that, strangely, is endearing despite its obvious flaws. As long as you know what you're getting yourself into, I'd recommend it for a fun time.

Edited by LivinLikeLog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

How do you get past the beginning of chapter 2? There's a room that just kills me without anything touching me...

Yeah that area sucks so much. Basically, that room is supposed to have two enemies: the spear goblin and a bat. For some reason the bat disappears whenever you you first die in that specific level. I've found that by restarting the game, and not dying before reaching that room, the bat will be there again. If you die again though and have to go through that room, the bat will be gone again. Such a strange bug. That's one way to get past it, the other way is to quickly jump on the two platforms, get on the platform with the goblin, and mad dash to the next screen. I'm not kidding, you need to just get through that room asap before the bat can even get close to you. That's how I initially cleared it before finding out it was a respawn bug.

Hope this helps man. This is probably the worst designed area of the game. Everything past this isn't nearly as bad, I can promise that. 

21 minutes ago, LivinLikeLog said:

Yeah that area sucks so much. Basically, that room is supposed to have two enemies: the spear goblin and a bat. For some reason the bat disappears whenever you you first die in that specific level. I've found that by restarting the game, and not dying before reaching that room, the bat will be there again. If you die again though and have to go through that room, the bat will be gone again. Such a strange bug. That's one way to get past it, the other way is to quickly jump on the two platforms, get on the platform with the goblin, and mad dash to the next screen. I'm not kidding, you need to just get through that room asap before the bat can even get close to you. That's how I initially cleared it before finding out it was a respawn bug.

Hope this helps man. This is probably the worst designed area of the game. Everything past this isn't nearly as bad, I can promise that. 

Thanks! And the chest you're taking about to farm is the one towards the beginning right?

Also I know I should have skipped this, everytime I buy an east asia game I have a bad time... they seem to find the buggiest games to publish 

And the bat isn't respawning...

20 minutes and no progress made 

Holy hell this game is horrible 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Thanks! And the chest you're taking about to farm is the one towards the beginning right?

Also I know I should have skipped this, everytime I buy an east asia game I have a bad time... they seem to find the buggiest games to publish 

And the bat isn't respawning...

20 minutes and no progress made 

Holy hell this game is horrible 

The chest should be the one next to the first shopkeeper you meet. There's a save point only 2 screens away from that chest, so by using the exploit, you should be able to grind it. Technically, you can grind any chest in the game, but that's just the spot I find the most convenient. Here's a video showcasing the save point and chest, around the 6 min mark: 

4 minutes ago, LivinLikeLog said:

The chest should be the one next to the first shopkeeper you meet. There's a save point only 2 screens away from that chest, so by using the exploit, you should be able to grind it. Technically, you can grind any chest in the game, but that's just the spot I find the most convenient. Here's a video showcasing the save point and chest, around the 6 min mark: 

Oh I was at a different shop, haven't been to that area yet 

Just now, aZombieDictator said:

Its level 3 then? Not level 2? It showed on the game goblin caves is chapter 3

The trophy for completing level 2 doesn't pop until beating the goblin cave, so I assumed that was level 2. I'm guessing they didn't program the level trophies correctly then, because according to the trophies, the goblin cave IS level two lmao yeah this game is super messy. 

1 minute ago, LivinLikeLog said:

The trophy for completing level 2 doesn't pop until beating the goblin cave, so I assumed that was level 2. I'm guessing they didn't program the level trophies correctly then, because according to the trophies, the goblin cave IS level two lmao yeah this game is super messy. 

Sounds like a typical east asia soft game 

41 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Where's Jake? I don't think I met him yet? And dark witch? Or they come naturally?

According to my timestamps I met Jake before popping the complete level 1 trophy, so you should have it by now. And the Dark Witch you meet after completing the Goblin Caves. After I grinded the 500 and bought both items from the merchant, it was a smooth run to the platinum, nothing missable after that. The last levels are super easy if you grind to max health (5 hearts).

Good luck man, and for the final boss, just take your time. The hit detection is super finicky.

1 hour ago, LivinLikeLog said:

According to my timestamps I met Jake before popping the complete level 1 trophy, so you should have it by now. And the Dark Witch you meet after completing the Goblin Caves. After I grinded the 500 and bought both items from the merchant, it was a smooth run to the platinum, nothing missable after that. The last levels are super easy if you grind to max health (5 hearts).

Good luck man, and for the final boss, just take your time. The hit detection is super finicky.

I missed Jake then 

Edit: I did get him, trophies weren't updated so didn't realize.

Also thanks for the tips 

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 1