MAFFA - PSNP's Tournament Arc!

Hi, sorry to have another question:

All games count as long as they have a 50th fastest completion time of over six hours.

My englisch is not good enough to really understand it thats why i will ask in game exampel: is the game Giraffe and Annika okay for this event because only the no.1 spot is under 6 hours and the rest is over 6 hours?

2 hours ago, Tenzai1980 said:

Hi, sorry to have another question:

All games count as long as they have a 50th fastest completion time of over six hours.

My englisch is not good enough to really understand it thats why i will ask in game exampel: is the game Giraffe and Annika okay for this event because only the no.1 spot is under 6 hours and the rest is over 6 hours?

Giraffe and Annika counts. As long as less than 50 people have completed the game in under six hours, it counts.

12 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

Jem took the kids away and told me “Join my new event unless you want them to suffer through 10 playthroughs of Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls 1f47f.png”, so here I am, joining the event 1f625.png

Why do you let her do stuff like that? You have every right to have her arrested. xD

1 hour ago, Sebastian said:

Jem took the kids away and told me “Join my new event unless you want them to suffer through 10 playthroughs of Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls 1f47f.png”, so here I am, joining the event 1f625.png

Ultra Despair Girls is a forgotten gem. You're missing out.

1 hour ago, winter_bird_22 said:

Why do you let her do stuff like that? You have every right to have her arrested. xD

Who knows? I'm male by the way.

There are less than 24 hours left to sign up! I hope everyone's excited!

Also, I was asked earlier today about how we're handling autopopped trophies. I think it goes without saying that autopopped trophies will not count. I also understand that since the PS5 came out, there have been more games that would have had a 50th fastest completion time of over six hours if times with autopopped trophies were excluded. We're currently in the process of creating a whitelist so that these games will still count, and it should be implemented into the scoring by the time the event starts. Special thanks to @Froopy the Temmie for setting this up!

• Like 1

Please help me understand the rules as i read them 5 times still no clue: so do we need to get as many (rare) trophies as possible in the preliminar phase? Or just 1 trophy? Another question: how exactly we compete in the actual tournament after Aug 8th, is also get many rare trophies? Basically should i not get any rare trophies and save them for the tournament after Aug 8th?

Edited by MohandGamer7

2 hours ago, MohandGamer7 said:

Please help me understand the rules as i read them 5 times still no clue: so do we need to get as many (rare) trophies as possible in the preliminar phase? Or just 1 trophy? Another question: how exactly we compete in the actual tournament after Aug 8th, is also get many rare trophies? Basically should i not get any rare trophies and save them for the tournament after Aug 8th?

Short version: From 1st August to the 8th, earn as many trophies as you like. This will show you are active and give you a seed number for the main competition which starts on the 9th. Higher rarity trophies are worth more points. 

From the 9th, earn trophies to try and beat your opponent and make sure to sync your trophies for all trophies to count.

Thats basically it.

• Like 2

Everyone has been added! There are only a few hours left to sign up!

5 hours ago, MohandGamer7 said:

The preliminaries are just to determine seeding for the actual tournament. You need to earn at least one trophy to confirm that you're actively participating, but other than that, feel free to get as many trophies as you want. Those with the highest scores in the preliminaries will automatically skip the first round, so keep that in mind.

August 8th is a rest day. The real tournament starts August 9th, in which you will be paired up with a new opponent every three days which you'll need to beat in order to advance to the next round. Hopefully, this makes sense.

• Like 3

MAFFA has officially begun! With 40 participants, the top 24 members of the preliminaries will automatically make it to the first round. Who will go for automatic safety? Who will go for the top seed? Who will earn a single trophy and walk away? Only time will tell!

Edited by jemmie

Hey everyone, just as a friendly reminder for anyone who might not be used to these events.

Scores reset with each fixture and do not accumulate. Meaning that after each matchup, everyone is set back to a score of zero and will face off on even ground again.

Please do take this time to review the rules and scoring procedures. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here (as many already have, thank you for coming forward with any questions or unclear wording) or join our Discord server that is linked in the first post.

Looking forward to a great event with everyone as this is the largest participant count I've seen in a PSNP event in some time, filled with both veteran and newcomers alike!

• Like 3

We are about halfway into the Preliminaries! Let's check out the scores so far!

Spoiler
  1. Danny_Johansen - 3,643
  2. Inuty - 2,941
  3. scemopagliaccioh - 2,055
  4. Prometheous101 - 1,693
  5. Asuna - 1,352
  6. Hisuiryu - 1,333
  7. Wavergray - 1,323
  8. daybade - 1,199
  9. UnboundedCash99 - 1,035
  10. cjninja125 - 1,025
  11. grifteskymfning - 1,001
  12. VigilantCrow - 914
  13. Arctic Cress - 765
  14. xZoneHunter - 677
  15. Mesopithecus - 587
  16. Warpedsavior - 503
  17. Sebastian - 489
  18. DoctorDisinfect - 489
  19. TheTominator007 - 387
  20. Tearbaer - 384
  21. Han_the_Dragon - 378
  22. Caquis_1 - 375
  23. Psy-Tychist - 371
  24. Tenzai1980 - 296
  25. kingofbattle8174 - 290
  26. Dzware - 256
  27. microsamm - 195
  28. GTA_Darren - 189
  29. Dead Weight - 184
  30. Wdjat Prinny Doods - 183
  31. Kent10201 - 129
  32. Jello - 112
  33. Berendsapje - 85
  34. Panasbananas - 67
  35. Ratchet2425 - 61
  36. Beyondthegrave07 - 51
  37. Miles - 51
  38. jemmie - 49
  39. TehUberCheezCatz - 0
  40. xDevilizer - 0

It looks like a few people really want that top seed while others are trying to barely scrape out of needing to play an extra round. There are also a few of us camping in the bottom with a single trophy, ready to snipe the upper seeds later. With over 32 people qualifying so far, we can officially lock in the prizes ($75 for first place/$25 for second). For the few people still at zero, remember that you must earn at least one trophy during the Preliminaries to make it into the actual tournament. Also, I realized that I haven't talked about tie breakers yet. In the event of a tie, the winner will be whoever earned their last trophy first.