Platinum Unobtainable

gtfc1984

30 minutes ago, shary96 said:

Well, as it stands this might be the very first F1 game with an unachievable platinum, and 2012 might be the next one due to this Pass VIP thing being implemented as well.

Fortunately I already have this platinum :) however I'm just curious as I still have F1 2010 to go, was 2011 the first time that codemasters brought in the VIP pass system? I know some of our sessions were affected on Dirt 3 (also codemasters and released in 2011) as people did not have the VIP pass, and it was delisted.

Luckily each of my games of F1 2010, 2011 and Dirt 3 were all original copies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello guys , I am writing this cuz I am really struggling with Co-op Drivers' World Champion trophy In F 2011 I got coop trophies while my alt account was idle I managed to get all the trophies but F1 2012 coop championship is hard even though I put easiest difficulty same thing , I know everything about the game & I used to the mechanics even the setup of the car but even though I spent two hours to get in first place but to no avail any help or steps to go over it this I am very tried of trying. 

• 1 year later...

Well, I’ll be damned (sorry for my language) 

Is it correct that the platinum trophy is only obtainable when you have the Asian disc version? I mean testing VIP passes whether they are valid or not has no value and is a waste of time (and money). 

Can we please test the Asian disc version to determine if the online multiplayer trophies can still be done? And then confirm here so everyone can read our results? Then it will be up to you to decide  if you want to go for the platinum trophy ? or not. 

31/12/2022: I have one Asian disc to be tested, so please contact me if you’re interested to support this community (and yourself of course!)

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Luc

ZN-42-VS ??

• 5 months later...

this game has been on my backlog for some time now and if i was able to buy a brand new sealed UK copy of the game would the vip pass work or not because i am uncertain if the pass will expire as i guess that they have a 10 year life-time and the game came out in 2011, so will i be able claim this plat or am i too late

5 minutes ago, crazywolf742 said:

this game has been on my backlog for some time now and if i was able to buy a brand new sealed UK copy of the game would the vip pass work or not because i am uncertain if the pass will expire as i guess that they have a 10 year life-time and the game came out in 2011, so will i be able claim this plat or am i too late

Unlikely, the VIP pass for sealed copies of DiRT 3 and DiRT Showdown don't work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/06/2023 at 6:12 AM, iXanon said:

Unlikely, the VIP pass for sealed copies of DiRT 3 and DiRT Showdown don't work.

i can confirm that after buying 2 used copies of the game ( the codes still worked) it wouldn't let me redeem them on the psn store and after a close inspection od the vip pass card the code expired for me in 2016 so that explains that then. lol. such a shame that all of the ps3 games now have either had their servers shut down or not playable due to a vip pass