Sins of the Mother question

TympanicScroll

I've read that there are 3 house cutscenes in biome 1 and biome 3. I've seen the first cutscene. I've beaten the first and second boss but haven't seen the house's second and third cutscene yet.

So my question is: can I still watch the second and third cutscene? Or did I locked myself out due to I've beaten the second boss?

Second question: If I beat the third boss I won't be able to go to the first 3 biomes, right? Is it possible to watch the house cutscenes after I've beaten all bosses and I'm able to return to the first 3 biomes?

Currently I'm having a good run in the third biome. Before I continue I want to know what to do without possibly locking myself out for this trophy.

The sequences are locked behind story progression. Don’t think about them too much and continue with the story. The house segments only show up randomly in biomes 1 and 4 iirc (the act 1+2 starting biomes). You can go back to act 1 after finishing act 2. The house sequences aren’t missable.

Edit: You may stumble upon the house and won’t be able to access it (lights are turned off). That means that you didn’t fulfill the requirements to see the next sequence yet (e.g. story progress). 

Edited by proud2bNs
  • Like 1

Alright, so I can just continue and do the house sequences later. I was confused you can enter the house multiple times because of the trophy progression is telling you 0/1. If you can enter the house 6 times, I was expecting 0/6 in the trophy progression.

PS: I see you finished it in just a few days, awesome!

28 minutes ago, TympanicScroll said:

Alright, so I can just continue and do the house sequences later. I was confused you can enter the house multiple times because of the trophy progression is telling you 0/1. If you can enter the house 6 times, I was expecting 0/6 in the trophy progression.

The devs didn't implement the activity card / trophy tracker in this way. They could have implemented it with a 0/6 tracker, but didn't. Maybe they decided to do so because they considered it a spoiler. Who knows?

28 minutes ago, TympanicScroll said:

PS: I see you finished it in just a few days, awesome!

Thanks :) I started the game after patch 1.4 came out and i strongly believe they drastically reduced the amount of collectible grinding due to increased spawn rates. A few friends and me all finished the game in <40h IGT. Once you have a really good run with a strong build, you can basically finish the game from start to end in one run without too much hassle. 

EDIT: @The-Ricksterr literally did that and achieved the fastest time on the leaderboard: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12751-returnal/The-Ricksterr?order=date . He (intentionally) died for the first time after killing the last boss. Congrats! :) 

Edited by proud2bNs

• 1 month later...