Instalation error (CE-107857-8)

maniek515

http://DXF3ZQ9.jpg

I'm getting this kind of message almost everytime any game gets an update. It downloads but won't install. In most cases I just delete the update file along with this error notification, then I have to delete the game as well and redownload the whole thing at recent version. However this time I'm stuck with this notification. Can't install it, can't delete, it doesn't go away even after deleting the game it is meant for (btw is it just me or ps5 sometimes doesn't recognise the game being updated and just says 'ps4 title'). It is always the same error, CE-107857-8. Game in question was installed on external hard drive and yes, I have at least 300gb of available space on ssd as well. 

Is there any way to get rid of this notification? Or maybe there's a way to avoid this error in the future? Please, help me out.

I had a similar issue with Returnal and recently with Plague Tale, I don't remember or know that the error code was the same but the solution was time.

Couple of months back Returnal would install from the disc but the update/patch could not - very similar to what you are seeing. My personal idea was that the file was still being processed from thee Sony side and roll-out took time - again, my guess. I tried re-installing the game with no progress then simply left it and tried tomorrow. The next day the patch was downloaded as it should have been when I started the game and I had no issues.

Recently, I downloaded Plague Tale since it was free on Plus alongside some other games off the summer sale - in the download section Plague tale showed up with a missing icon and as 'unknown' whily Spyro, Crash, and FFIX my gf bought were all listed normally. That being said Plague Tale downloaded as Unknown, the icon was present on the start menu and I could access and play the game with no issues after that.

I'd suggest waiting a day if it's a newer patch/title, and the tried and true delete-reinstall method.

All of the above was on the PS5, never had a similar error on PS4.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

I had a similar issue with Returnal and recently with Plague Tale, I don't remember or know that the error code was the same but the solution was time.

Couple of months back Returnal would install from the disc but the update/patch could not - very similar to what you are seeing. My personal idea was that the file was still being processed from thee Sony side and roll-out took time - again, my guess. I tried re-installing the game with no progress then simply left it and tried tomorrow. The next day the patch was downloaded as it should have been when I started the game and I had no issues.

Recently, I downloaded Plague Tale since it was free on Plus alongside some other games off the summer sale - in the download section Plague tale showed up with a missing icon and as 'unknown' whily Spyro, Crash, and FFIX my gf bought were all listed normally. That being said Plague Tale downloaded as Unknown, the icon was present on the start menu and I could access and play the game with no issues after that.

I'd suggest waiting a day if it's a newer patch/title, and the tried and true delete-reinstall method.

All of the above was on the PS5, never had a similar error on PS4.

Only solution I found was to start ps5 in safe mode and rebuild database. Luckily it did the job done meaning I was finally able to delete this notification. Some say that error has something to do with games being installed on external hard drive, but I'm not sure. It happened to me at least dozen times with games installed either on external and internal memory. 

1 hour ago, maniek515 said:

Only solution I found was to start ps5 in safe mode and rebuild database. Luckily it did the job done meaning I was finally able to delete this notification. Some say that error has something to do with games being installed on external hard drive, but I'm not sure. It happened to me at least dozen times with games installed either on external and internal memory. 

For me it was all internal memory, don't use external stuff. 24 hours later Retunal worked and Plague Tale sorted itself out immediately. Glad you got the issue fixed

• Like 1