SnowbellKitty

UbiSoft... what's the deal ?

32 posts in this topic

Really hoping it fails so they'll reconsider this line of thinking.

Borderlands 3 and Driveclub didn't include everything in one Season Pass... Hence the name.

And if you really want good deals on games and bundles, PSN really isn't the best for them. 

23 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Borderlands 3 and Driveclub didn't include everything in one Season Pass... Hence the name.

And if you really want good deals on games and bundles, PSN really isn't the best for them. 

Where would you recommend going for good bundles deals ?

Posted (edited)

@BrandedBerserk

Hmm, yes, they are a part of sales now and then, but if the base price is always frozen at 100%, then the discount prices will never be as friendly as they could be otherwise. I just checked something, by the way, and it's on AC Odyssey. Ultimate is still at $120, even though Odyssey is from friggin' 2018. This means Valhalla and Far Cry 6 will still be at $120 by the time we reach the year 2024. Maybe that's all well and good for North America, but $120 in Brazil is half of one's monthly household income. So, excuse my rambling, I feel it's entitled, specially if now they'll make us get every single pack out of bundles (I think we have to get The Fate of Atlantis separately from the Pass, but I'm not sure)...Ubi is expensive enough, but never really provide true triple A experiences to justify any of this.

@totallycrushed

Interesting, I was unaware of those, from other studios. Yeah, PSN... I know. Even Plus is nothing really special.

@Helyx

I try to, and try to wait for sales. Ubi is being lame. Thanks for the advice.

Anyway, AC Odyssey just proved my suspicions. Thanks guys.

Edited by SnowbellKitty

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

@BrandedBerserk

Hmm, yes, they are a part of sales now and then, but if the base price is always frozen at 100%, then the discount prices will never be as friendly as they could be otherwise. I just checked something, by the way, and it's on AC Odyssey. Ultimate is still at $120, even though Odyssey is from friggin' 2018. This means Valhalla and Far Cry 6 will still be at $120 by the time we reach the year 2024. Maybe that's all well and good for North America, but $120 in Brazil is half of one's monthly household income. So, excuse my rambling, I feel it's entitled, specially if now they'll make us get every single pack out of bundles..Ubi is expensive enough, but never really provide true triple A .

Look outside of ubisoft titles and you'll see the same thing mate, games don't really drop In price like that unless there's a sale. Ac odyssey gold edition will remain 120$ but you can get it for as low as 25$, it's literally on sale right now for 32$. 

You're entitled to your ramblings of course but to me it seems like you just aren't being vigilant whatsoever as you'd have to be trying your hardest not to find ubisoft games and their season passes during sales. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

35 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

sometimes one finds deals on those. rarely appearing.

though on topic, i bought the borderlands 3 season pass. i'll just get the 2nd part of it when i have the money.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Look outside of ubisoft titles and you'll see the same thing mate, games don't really drop In price like that unless there's a sale. Ac odyssey gold edition will remain 120$ but you can get it for as low as 25$, it's literally on sale right now for 32$. 

Yeah, I already have Odyssey because of a past sale. I'm somewhat sure The Fate of Atlantis had to be gotten separately, even though it was the Ultimate Ed. which was on sale. Nevertheless, even if I'm mistaken on Odyssey's Season Pass, it seems Ubi's policy on DLCs/Passes has been awful on their recent titles.

Edited by SnowbellKitty

1 minute ago, SnowbellKitty said:

Yeah, I already have Odyssey because of a past sale. I'm somewhat sure The Fate of Atlantis had to be gotten separately though.

If you bought the Gold or Ultimate Edition, then Fate of Atlantis is included in that.

I tend to get my Ubisoft games on PSN store sales for $20 or less and that is for the gold editions.  That is a lot of content (sometimes too much honestly) for $20.

The sales are frequent and deep.

the good thing about infinity, the sooner you go for the platinum, the less you'll have to do and overall the least amount of time you'll waste playing Ubiscum's latest open world snore. or save yourself the hassle.

the last of the truely talented creatives at ubisoft got kicked out for being all manner of assholes so they are taking the easier route, give eveyone free creed. you'll need to gather the same bush twice for a twig that you need 10,000 of to craft something you need. and that'll be 1/250 that you need, and it;ll take 45 minutes to clear the bush or you can pay 5.99 to make it quicker for 6 hrs.

the best thing you can do is just skip it en masse, show em they need to sort their shit out.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

If you bought the Gold or Ultimate Edition, then Fate of Atlantis is included in that.

Thanks, then they shifted policy recently I guess. And, oh my Gosh, Morgana!! xD I love him, and your avi. :)

9 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

the good thing about infinity, the sooner you go for the platinum, the less you'll have to do and overall the least amount of time you'll waste playing Ubiscum's latest open world snore. or save yourself the hassle.

the last of the truely talented creatives at ubisoft got kicked out for being all manner of assholes so they are taking the easier route, give eveyone free creed. you'll need to gather the same bush twice for a twig that you need 10,000 of to craft something you need. and that'll be 1/250 that you need, and it;ll take 45 minutes to clear the bush or you can pay 5.99 to make it quicker for 6 hrs.

the best thing you can do is just skip it en masse, show em they need to sort their shit out.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I haven't started any of the post-PS3 Era ACs yet, except for Unity, but I'm already dreading the XP grind of the RPG style ones. And I still don't have Valhalla, and I have yet to see a somewhat reasonable tag on it, which has never happened, I think.

Edited by SnowbellKitty

Ubisoft was completely different in the PS2 and PS3 eras. I played those old Tom Clancy games on the PS2. You used to be able to contact them via phone number, and they listed their website. Lots of helpful information just by reading those game manuals. Games were actually complete and fun. 

You can only contact them now via Internet forums. Their service reps are completely useless. 

Ubisoft became just like all the other giant gaming corporations. A stupid corporation that does things by the numbers. When games now automatically come with multiple season passes and second year DLC, you know something is up.  

This is one main reason why I don’t preorder anymore. 

Valhalla is the newest entry and it’s still expensive. I don’t blame you for not having it. Hell, I don’t have it yet. Chronicles and Valhalla are the only ones I’m missing. I’ve done all the others, including the original Assassin’s Creed. 

The best thing for you to do is vote with your wallet.

@AJ_Radio

Thanks for this reply. I'm still confused about WD2's content, to this day. If there's a definitive bundle or not, for example. But I'll definitely not get its cosmetics one by one at full price, when I can get a full game otherwise. That's just absurd.

2 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

@AJ_Radio

Thanks for this reply. I'm still confused about WD2's content, to this day. If there's a definitive bundle or not, for example. But I'll definitely not get its cosmetics one by one at full price, when I can get a full game otherwise. That's just absurd.

I don’t like the fact you can just buy stuff like ‘reveal all treasures’ in-game by paying real money for it. They’re called Helix Credits I think in Assassin’s Creed. I think Far Cry and Watch Dogs have something else. 

Few people buy those things for the price because those time boosters aren’t worth it. But still, you have to pay real money for them. 

I don’t understand the point of those cosmetics, unless you’re trying to make your character look good.

Posted (edited)

@AJ_Radio

Oh yeah, I steer clear from mtx (with the only exception in my gaming history being this year's F1 2021, but I'll not be adding any more coins to it from the little I started with anyway. But it's...), not the sort of DLC we should ever sponsor. I prefer extra story time DLCs. As for cosmetics, I agree with you, but it's a bummer when a season pass doesn't do its job anymore, specially where Ubi is concerned.

Edited by SnowbellKitty

10 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

@AJ_Radio

Oh yeah, I steer clear from mtx (with the only exception in my gaming history being this year's F1 2021, but I'll not be adding any more coins to it from the little I started with anyway. But it's...), not the sort of DLC we should ever sponsor. I prefer extra story time DLCs. As for cosmetics, I agree with you, but it's a bummer when a season pass doesn't do its job anymore, specially where Ubi is concerned.

The only MTX I bought was the stuff in Fallout Shelter, because it's a free-to-play game. Otherwise, I haven't bothered.

Season Passes become relevant in the early PS4 era. I was upset, just like I was when DLC was first introduced in the PS3/Xbox 360 era years earlier. Now you get to buy multiple Season Passes.... for one game.

So I looked up Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Wrath of the Druids is the first story DLC pack, released not so long ago. Then they came out with a Challenge DLC, sort of like what Days Gone had gotten. It might be free DLC. Now they have the Siege of Paris story DLC pack, which I think just released or is about to release.

Now, I'm not too upset at this. What I am concerned with is 'second year DLC' that Ubisoft has decided to do for Valhalla, meaning that new DLC content will release in 2022. They have never done this with any other Assassin's Creed game. Unless they specifically stated it somewhere that I missed, I don't think the current Season Pass is going to cover the 'second year DLC'. If that's the case, that is bullshit.

I'm a poor man. Real life circumstances that I will not discuss to anybody have put me in a rough spot. The only "new" games I can afford are games that are on sale. I can't afford to pay $69.99 for a new PS5 game, I don't even have a PS5 and the PS5 consoles out there are far too expensive. Even with a PS5 I have to pay $69.99 for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, plus $30 - 40+ for the Season Pass deal which covers the Wrath of the Druids and Siege of Paris story DLC packs. That's assuming I pay full price for everything. Of course, you can shop around on Amazon, eBay or other online retailers and pick up Valhalla for cheaper, usually a used physical copy. Digital is actually more expensive, until you wait for that sale, which probably won't be for a long time.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is still far too expensive on the PS Store, and that's a game dating to 2018. Just why? I can easily pick that game up at far lower prices elsewhere.

In other news, I have both Watch Dogs 1 and 2. Still need to pick up the DLC for Watch Dogs 2. I played a little of Watch Dogs on an alt account and find it a little.... meh. Haven't played much of it, maybe I'll end up liking it.

Posted (edited)

@AJ_Radio

I agree with everything you've just said.I do pre-order games occasionaly, but most of the time I partake off of the sales, the exception being this year, I suppose (I got too little this year actually, just two pre-orders and not a single thing from sales..., well, except for WD Legion, last week. One of them were the lazy Mass Effect remasters, so old and lazy that even this pack should not have been tagged $60 again. Farm Sim 22 might be my only next acquisition of 2021, which is also a preorder). It rubs me the wrong way, because I and my family used to be quite well off, but things happened and life did a full 180º on us, so I know how it is. Things that happened to us involve injustice and corruption from scammers and even the system, which really only exists to favor and protect the evil doers and further promote said injustice, but going deeper than this is discussing personal stuff. Expanding the catalogue as quickly as I can is difficult these days, and predatory companies like EA and UbiSoft, or even Sony, they just make it all even worse.

As for mtx, the only reason I did it for F1 2021 this year was because, since I have to have a Brazilian PSNID for digital purchases, that means I don't get the coins (from the pre-order) on my American PSNID, which is where I play. But I got only enough for being able to get the seasonal VIP Pass in-game (every 56 days), as last year was bad not being able to have new items every season. As I expected though, it doesn't add fun to it, which is why I only got the little that's needed. I spend 9k coins per season and get 10k back, which will allow me to get the pass every season, without buying any more coins. I already regret this, because not only this doesn't change the game much, the cosmetics from the seasons are not always good.

As for Watch Dogs 1, I will not lie to you, it is extremely meh!. It probably was worse for people like me though, because of the hype people bought it on back on the PS3 days, as it just didn't deliver. Not suffering from the hype Ubi built back then is probably a big plus for you, I'm assuming? Less disappointment.

That said, it can still be fun at times. Now I'll have to re-plat it all over again though, not something I was planning on lol. I really didn't know Legion came with the first game. Still, Aiden is a good character (and according to the lore, a legendary hacker, even if the first game fails to paint him as such or even carismatically), unlike the woke SJW guy and crew of the second game. If you stick with it, you might end up liking it and maybe appreciatte Legion's Bloodline DLC more too, at a later opportunity.

Edited by SnowbellKitty

7 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

@AJ_Radio

I agree with everything you've just said.I do pre-order games occasionaly, but most of the time I partake off of the sales, the exception being this year, I suppose (I got too little this year actually, just two pre-orders and not a single thing from sales. Farm Sim 22 might be my only next acquisition of 2021, which is also a preorder). It rubs me the wrong way, because I and my family used to be quite well off, but things happened and life did a full 180º on us, so I know how it is. Things that happened to us involve injustice and corruption from scammers and even the system, which really only exists to favor and protect the evil doers and further promote said injustice, but going deeper than this is discussing personal stuff.

I'll take my opinion back a little. I don't preorder the big AAA stuff anymore. I keep track on new indie games coming out on Steam somewhat. If they look like something good, fun and are games people are generally giving high ratings on, I might preorder a game or two. I'm usually skeptical though.

9 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

As for mtx, the only reason I did it for F1 2021 this year was because, since I have to have a Brazilian PSNID for digital purchases, that means I don't get the coins on my American PSNID, which is where I play. But I got only enough for being able to get theseasonal VIP Pass in-game (every 56 days), as last year was bad not being able to have new items every season. As I expected though, it doesn't add fun to it, which is why I only got the little that's needed. I spend 9k coins per season and get 10k back, which will allow me to get the pass every season, without buying any more coins. I already regret this, because not only this doesn't change the game much, the cosmetics from the seasons are not always good.

I tried that route of making different region accounts for better deals on PS Store. It just ain't worth it. It's a hassle to buy funding for a different region than the one you live in. I still have access to a Hong Kong, Japanese and UK account. I have to go to some website that sells PSN cards for different regions, then input that digital code on the PS Store website. I have bought a couple games off these stores, that was how I got Sound Shapes several times. But it just isn't worth it to me. Maybe you have a different viewpoint on this.

11 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

As for Watch Dogs 1, I will not lie to you, it is extremely meh!. It probably was worse for people like me though, because of the hype people bought it on back on the PS3 days, as it just didn't deliver. Not suffering from the hype Ubi built back then is probably a big plus for you, I'm assuming? Less disappointment.

That said, it can still be fun at times. Now I'll have to re-plat it all over again though, not something I was planning lol. I really didn't know Legion came with the first game. Still, Aiden is a good character (and according to the lore, a legendary hacker, even if the first game fails to paint him as such or even charismatically), unlike the woke SJW guy and crew of the second game. If you stick with it, you might end up liking it and maybe appreciatte Legion's Bloodline DLC more too, at a later opportunity.

That's interesting. Care to tell me how the crew in Watch Dogs 2 are woke SJWs?

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don’t understand the point of those cosmetics, unless you’re trying to make your character look good.

I mean, that's literally the entire point of cosmetics. Some people like them because they like to change things up, some people don't. 

Posted (edited)

@AJ_Radio

Don't read me too much regarding Watch Dogs 2, the little I know from it are from reviews, both positive and negative ones (which is what I do before getting a game, I listen to both takes then I make a decision). But, there were a couple of videos that said as much, and I only remember kind of agreeing to them. Like, how the characters don't behave nor talk like real people, or how aimless they are, unlike Aiden. That's what I got from it. I'll still play it someday, as I already got it. Some mentions in it seemed cool to me, like the Knight Rider car. By the way, the worst thing of the first game are the side missions, particularly the convoy ones for me. But, like I said, sometimes you'll like it if you stick with it.

As for different regional accounts, it's not really because of what you thought, it's just because: 1- I get to use PSN in English, whereas Portuguese is enforced on the other account; 2- if something like PS Home were ever to grace PSN again, I rather be able to meet people from everywhere, not just from my region.

7 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I mean, that's literally the entire point of cosmetics. Some people like them because they like to change things up, some people don't. 

The worst part is that the free ones are always terrible. That's how they get some people.

Edited by SnowbellKitty

I had a bad experience with Ubisoft earlier last year. I pre order the Gold edition for Watch Dogs Legion just to play as Aiden Pearce. However, I had to wait from October until July just to finally play it and on top of that I noticed the Gold edition was going on sale frequently throughout the year. I payed a 100 bucks just to play something that wasn't even finished. Even worse, the game was shit and boring. At least the Bloodlines DLC was good but I had to pay 100 bucks and wait almost an entire year just to play the one thing I wanted. I'm kind of done with Ubisoft at this point, but that's just my personal experience with them.

Posted (edited)

the only thing that.... Used to.. keeps me coming back to them was the Rayman series, and after Rayman Legend I just basically forgot about ubisoft, I never cared about their games at all.

and now they turned Rayman series into a shitty mobile phone games which gave me more reason to forget about them to even exist, I never liked the Ass Ass In Creed series, it's just not my cop of tea.

Edited by yellowwindow7