MrTacos98

Locked Forum Posts

28 posts in this topic

I recently posted a topic on what your most embarrassing platinum was and a mod locked it. He posted a link to an identical forum post from almost 7 years ago. Can you not create a topic that's already been done even if it's like, 10 years old? Plenty of new games have come out since 2014 with easy and embarrassing plats. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To keep the forums clean and the database less cluttered, duplicate threads will and should be condensed into a single thread (usually the oldest).

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Helyx said:

To keep the forums clean and the database less cluttered, duplicate threads will and should be condensed into a single thread (usually the oldest).

The last post was from 2016 though. Nobody's gonna go back that far and comment on something like that unless someone brings up the topic again. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Helyx said:

To keep the forums clean and the database less cluttered, duplicate threads will and should be condensed into a single thread (usually the oldest).

Pretty much this^ 

 

Age of the OP is irrelevant and having a bunch of duped threads makes the forums cluttered and harder to navigate. It's 100% okay to necro these threads and post in threads like these multiple times if your response changes over time.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s pretty clearly explained in the forum rules:

 

Quote

No duplicate threads. If there is already a thread of the same (or close enough) topic, post in there. Don’t start a new thread. Is doesn’t matter how old it is, we don’t care about necroing threads here. 


 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

It’s pretty clearly explained in the forum rules:

 


 

Ok got it. In most forums necroing threads is highly frowned upon and can actually lead to a ban. This is why Reddit archives threads after 6 months. 

Edited by MrTacos98
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MrTacos98 said:

Nobody's gonna go back that far and comment on something like that unless someone brings up the topic again. 

 

That was your time to shine by resurrecting a thread with a relevant post. I don't agree with necro-posting just to say "me too fam", but if you have something on topic and worth mentioning, then go ahead and post in the old thread that's been established.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

To me it feels like I'm stating the obvious here, but if a mod stops you from doing something then you can pretty much guarantee it's because you're not supposed to be doing it.

Edited by Stevieboy
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I don't know, I definitely agree that multiple threads on the same thing don't need to be created. However, when the last post on a thread is years old, I don't see the problem. 

 

This site has this obsession with "decluttering" but honestly, people don't go back more than the first two pages on any given forum, so who cares.

Bingo ^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

people don't go back more than the first two pages on any given forum, so who cares.


Exactly, if people don’t go go back and read anything anyway, then just pop open an existing thread, don’t read any posts and just post. Who cares? Business as usual for those people.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

To me it feels like I'm stating the obvious here, but if a mod stops you from doing something then you can pretty much guarantee it's because you're not supposed to be doing it.

It's hard to honestly gauge that when my posts disappear, I get no PMs from the mods telling me to stop, and I get no warning points. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too long ago I basically 'bumped' a topic in Forum Games because I wanted people to comment on it. My comment was removed because 'bumping' is not allowed according to the forum rules. I said something along the lines of 'bumping this topic to front page', on a sub-forum where posts don't even count towards your total number of posts.

 

This contradicts the notion that we are supposed to continue with existing threads. As someone else stated, most people aren't going to go beyond the first two pages in any sub-forum. I have brought back threads with the latest posts dating back to 2019 and 2020, because I wanted them to get new activity.

 

I'm just a little confused.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This site has his own rules and has nothing to do with other forums. So, any other experience will not be taken care of in this situations i think.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Not too long ago I basically 'bumped' a topic in Forum Games because I wanted people to comment on it. My comment was removed because 'bumping' is not allowed according to the forum rules. I said something along the lines of 'bumping this topic to front page', on a sub-forum where posts don't even count towards your total number of posts.

 

This contradicts the notion that we are supposed to continue with existing threads. As someone else stated, most people aren't going to go beyond the first two pages in any sub-forum. I have brought back threads with the latest posts dating back to 2019 and 2020, because I wanted them to get new activity.

 

I'm just a little confused.


Bumping with only a message about bumping is off topic. Just post on topic if you want a thread to show in recent threads. 
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I don't know, I definitely agree that multiple threads on the same thing don't need to be created. However, when the last post on a thread is years old, I don't see the problem. 

 

This site has this obsession with "decluttering" but honestly, people don't go back more than the first two pages on any given forum, so who cares.

Becsuse if you can't be bothered to read what people already wrote on the subject why should people bother repeating it.

 

Like the amount of times people ask for beginner help in demons souls (or any souls games) or other similar game questions. Just read the old posts.

 

Like just today someone asked a question about Cat Call and some how missed the 5 or 6 threads about it.

 

42 minutes ago, AN0n1m8 said:

This site has his own rules and has nothing to do with other forums. So, any other experience will not be taken care of in this situations i think.

Yes most sites have their own rules...because not all sites are owned by the same person.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! Wouldn't it be ironic if this topic got locked too? lol that would be funny I think.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

make sense to search first to see if the topic has already been created, if not then make one

 

simple really

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

s/o to whomever 'lockdowned' the 'corona bros' thread!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

It's hard to honestly gauge that when my posts disappear, I get no PMs from the mods telling me to stop, and I get no warning points. 

Sometimes, it's something minor that doesn't merit a PM or warning point. Usually, if it's commenting on something off topic or something derailing a topic it's removed even if the post itself was okay (to prevent further derailing).

 

If you are ever curious though on why something is removed, you can PM a mod and ask. We don't have time to PM every single person about every single post that's taken down. Doing so civilly can often lead to some fruitful discussion and help you understand our thought processes behind it. Just something to keep in mind next time.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Sometimes, it's something minor that doesn't merit a PM or warning point. Usually, if it's commenting on something off topic or something derailing a topic it's removed even if the post itself was okay (to prevent further derailing).

 

If you are ever curious though on why something is removed, you can PM a mod and ask. We don't have time to PM every single person about every single post that's taken down. Doing so civilly can often lead to some fruitful discussion and help you understand our thought processes behind it. Just something to keep in mind next time.

Big Bear — Doin Thangs Album Review | by ADAMN. | Medium

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Bear Doin Thangs!

 

I agree with some people in this thread though to keep it on topic 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Big Bear Doin Thangs!

 

I agree with some people in this thread though to keep it on topic 

G5cf5b236a.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Big Bear — Doin Thangs Album Review | by ADAMN. | Medium

 

5 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

G5cf5b236a.png

 

You want the mods to let you know when you're doing something you shouldn't? Well those two posts break rule no.6.

 

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.