what are you doing for summer holidays?

rockstarjazz

I'm working to find new scent combinations with my candle company, rebuilding a 1965 Mercury Comet and putting energy efficient replacement windows in my home.

This summer has definitely been better than last summer. During the COVID-19 pandemic I was basically locked in my home almost the entire summer, only going out to get supplies that I needed and to see some close family members.

So far this summer I've been working towards a second degree, since my first one is practically useless. Been riding my bike a lot more, doing 10 - 30 mile trips which helps my overall health and endurance greatly. Been seeing family and friends, feels so good after we were isolated for too long. All of us are up to date on vaccinations.

Been having to help my aging parents since they can't do too much on their own anymore. I've been suggesting them to move away out of the countryside because they're close to 70 years of age, all that hard physical labor they can't handle. They've been doing garden work and I've had to come over and help.

Nothing much else going on. Planning to take a week long trip to California, haven't been there in over two years. Hopefully the forest fires won't be as bad as last year.

I'm a working adult so I don't have summer holidays as such, but mostly what I normally do- work, exercise, video games etc. My mum came to visit me for my birthday and I got some annual leave off work, so I went out to eat more often and also shopping. 

i left booking my holidays really late. my leave starts next week, got 3 wks off.

i wanted to do some horseriding, but those are fully booked.

i'm uncomfortable flying abroad because of covid travel restrictions being so unclear.

so i have booked a week doing some hiking. i'm a solo traveller - while peaceful i suspect it might get abit boring, unless i meet a lady... really wanna get laid

Edited by rockstarjazz