Samurai Warriors 5 trophy thoughts?

MidnightDragon

9 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

I wonder what you need to do to get a Rare Weapon.  Like if it's just an RNG drop or if you have to do a certain objective on a certain map with a certain character type of deal.

It is objective related. Do a certain number of objectives with a character on hard or higher difficulty setting, like all the other games.

Being able to unlock the weapons on Chronicle Modes on base Samurai Warriors 4 was very handy, I doubt such a way exists in this game. At least in this version there are less characters now.

33 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

Got in on order from ebay. Hopefully arrives today/tomorrow/ Doesn't look so bad, as people said, typically grindy list for the series. Still not as a good a list as WO4 (probably best list in the series so far)

I presume you mean the base game? That was ok.

As for the DLC there's like over 100+ hours for that one silver trophy to craft 100 items on WO4. Likely the worst musou trophy ever.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

As for the DLC there's like over 100+ hours for that one silver trophy to craft 100 items on WO4. Likely the worst musou trophy ever.

It certainly was rough! However, that's a huge overestimate people have thrown around. I spaced out and timed my sessions and it took me just under 55 hours! Of course, RNG will make everyone's mileage vary for it.

1 hour ago, cckerberos said:

Even worse than completing all requests in Gauntlet Mode on WO3 Ultimate?

For me, yes.  It even made me regret buying the game.

On topic, it's your typical grindy Warriors games trophy list which I don't mind. 
Can't wait to play this as out of all warriors games, the Samurai series is my favorite.

2 hours ago, cckerberos said:

Even worse than completing all requests in Gauntlet Mode on WO3 Ultimate?

Uhoh, off topic rant incoming!!

Yep you need to craft 100 out of the 177 characters. Unfortunately each character needs 10 of a unique item, only unique to them, and about 10-15 of some other rare item which is shared between other characters. It's literally just an item written in text, Koei Tecmo couldn't even be bothered to make gfx for these super rare items, instead you get a picture of that persons face. Something like 10 x Maeda Keiji's diary, or 10x x LuBu's arse hair fragment.

On top of that you need 1,500,000 gems and 20 crystals PER WEAPON. (And foolishly the game only lets you hold 9,999,999 gems for some reason so for a time you hit your ceiling of 9,999,999 and have to keep wasting them on stuff in the shop)

You also need to play as that character to improve their chances of getting their rare unique item. Or you have a 1% or less chance of getting one of their unique items as you kill them as enemy generals. You also need to level up characters to 100 and promote them about 6 or 7 times to give them various useful things like party exp and gem up to help with the overall grind.

Finally you need to be playing on chaos style stages to increase odds of getting rare items (it is still low) and sometimes you can be one hit killed. Unlike Gauntlet mode where you had 5 characters and could switch between them, if one character dies you would go to another. In this mode you only have 3 characters not 5, and if you die, that's it GAME FUCKING OVER!

There is no saving in the middle of a stage. To top it off, you can set your other characters to find chests and pick them up for you, usually though they will get stuck somewhere or both go the same route, or just die. You can switch between your 3 characters but it just swaps the characters around, so you can't teleport to where they are, you have to manually go around the map on red rare and make sure you have a super high charged over levelled character with all the same settings as everyone else to make killing bosses as quickly as possible.

Oh and menus, that's about 30 hours of just in fucking menus.

You'll be selling items for gems, levelling up officers and promoting them so they can be levelled up again, you need to go into everyone's skill tree and manually unlock them all since there is no auto unlock. You need to painfully scroll down the element menu and add the same stuff to everyone's weapons, absorb hp, absorb mp, boss atk up. You need to do this with at least 100 characters, but since you won't know which 100 out of 177 will be getting there first, you will end up getting random elements for all characters and even ones you already got rare weapons for.

There's also bullshit ways of making the levels go slower, stand at this pillar for literally 10 seconds while you poo all over it, sorry I meant to say purify it. Then you try to exit a stage but have to stand there for about 10 seconds for some reason, but attacking resets the bar, and if a peon taps you with a pencil it also goes back to 10 seconds to wait. You'll end up leaving your L2+R2 screen explosion nonsense at the exit point so you can get out the stage quickly, you'll have to watch that boring animation about 10000 times before you're done.

Oh and you'll spend 15-20 mins on stage 10 of the special tower, killing all bosses and getting all chests, to then be trolled with barely anything at all. So before the menu ends and saves you'll just want to reset your PS4 and try again.

There is literally no variety in the gameplay either, unlike Gauntlet mode, it's the exact same grinding on the exact same levels and for some reason, regular peons are quite scarce.

So far I have spent 15 hours on Infinity Mode and I have crafted 1 weapon, I nearly have enough special elements for 2 more characters, other than that most characters are 0/10, 1/10 or in rare cases 2/10. It might be a less shit grind if you could just do all this while watching youtube but to increase your odds you need to be playing on chaos difficulty stages, which requires full concentration and having the sound on so you don't accidentally get killed. I mean Musou's are mostly one hit kills like they were in Dynasty Warriors 8. So if you see one coming you need to get the hell out of the way.

The nail in the coffin is that this DLC is just a few bronze and silver trophies, no golds, no platinum like it was in the previous "Ultimate". Maybe would seem like more of a goal if you had about 10-20 bronze or silver trophies for unlocking 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50 etc weapons, but nope 100 or nothing.

At least they didn't make it all 177. But still, that's honestly not something to cheer about. You probably will get the million kills whilst grinding for this, but still, a bronze and a silver...

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

It seems like a standard Warriors trophy list. Straightforward story-related trophies and the added tediousness. Obtaining all the rare weapons will definitely take a while. But I'll gladly take 27 rare weapon requirements over 61 for SW4-II (it's great that you could obtain all CAW rare weapons with only one CAW just by switching weapons), 83 for DW8 or the behemoth 145 Mystic Weapons for WO3U.

Edited by DJY8898

9 minutes ago, OutcastGamerGuy4 said:

Does this game have story mode like in samurai warriors 4 and warriors orochi 4.Not sure this game has good decent hours of gameplay. Thinking about buying it for the Xbox one and PS4.

Yes. But it specifically revolves around the story of two characters - Nobunaga Oda and Mitsuhide Akechi.

Looks pretty standard for a Musou, either just play the game a lot or grind one trophy for 50+ hours. Maybe they'll add dlc and it'll have that evil trophy there. I never played any of the typical musou's especially since sengoku basara never got a western release, grinding rng coins in Pirate Warriors 1 and leveling up random crewmates in Pirate Warriors 3 is the only grind I can stand.

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I didn't even touch those trophies for the most part. 

I platinum the japan version few weeks before, the only difficulty trophies for this game are complete all missions, get highest rank in citadel mode & grind all relationship in citadel mode.

For complete all missions you need to beware for a few missions were easy to fail. Keep memorize the mission requirement and make sure standby your 2nd character on or nearby the mission area

For get highest rank in citadel mode, play hard or higher difficulty dual sword could be the best weapon to achieve Rank S for most of the stage.

For grind all relationship, pretty boring. Keep grind it in tutorial stage of citadel mode. And make sure click on to check those event once in citadel mode, otherwise it won't register in the vault.

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't realise until now that this game is fulled of cloned characters. EVERY single Samurai Warriors game up till this point had unique move sets which is something I have not liked too much about Dynasty Warriors since the 7th. The ability to just make every character into Lu Bu.

Jim Sterling summed this up in a great way.

"You play as movesets in this game!”

You don't equip weapons in this game. You choose a moveset, and then you equip a character.

Edited by enaysoft

• 2 months later...
On 9.10.2021 at 8:20 PM, NERVergoproxy said:

Less than 1000 owners after 3months of release? Must be hard and grindy....

But honestly doesn't look that bad at all.

Only see Brand New copies on Ebay though, haha.

Kind a want a cheap used copy.

Wait till Xmas? ><

Only numbers from psnp count towards this xD, not the whole world. Yea better wait, its the easiest samurai warriors plat of the series.

12 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Yeah but still a small number for PSNP considering theres 411k Members/5 million gamers tracked.

I couldnt wait, bought it used from Gamefly for $35 w/free shipping.

Since it has no PS5 upgrade probably try to finish it fast and resell it off, maybe even make profit. Lol

I tried to sell the game too, my local game shope offered only 5 euro since noone buy those games lol. It was 1 week after the release xD, so i better keep it haha. 

Edited by Sagaan

Fewer and fewer people buy these games now in general. Not just because Koei Tecmo kinda saturated the market by releasing so many versions of their games but since Dynasty Warriors 9 which was terrible, most of the recent releases are just such low effort.

It's still hard to believe Dynasty Warriors Next was a system release title for the Vita and Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete Edition was a system release title for the PS4, at least in Japan.

What did they release for PS5? Samurai Warriors 5 doesn't even have a PS5 version as far as I am aware. After seeing what Samurai Warriors 5 was like I just started the Japanese stack of Dynasty Warriors 8 instead.

Edited by enaysoft