Penalty for Leaving/disappear, Bad Behaviour, and not on time in boost session

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah mostly avoiding games with ridiculous online trophies is unfortunately the way to go. Having said that I've never had a single bad boosting partner. There's a few simple tips though that I can share with you to make things easier.

- Talk with the person on chat days in advance, see what kind of person you are hooking up with, if they don't even reply to your messages much or even at all until the boosting time, or seem to be barely online much if ever, just ditch them

- What is their overall trophy percentage? If it's something like 25% instead of over 80% they're probably not even going to care if they get the trophies or not

- Chat with your boosting partner, I've had some shitty and boring grinds of things like 100 wins for each player, while grinding, text chat with them, or have a voice chat. Spend the entire time slagging off online trophies. I've had some pretty fun boosting sessions for very boring tasks

- Does the person only have the trophies to boost left? If they're almost at platinum chances are they will be reliable.

- I've had people message me wanting to boost trophies, barely even a message and 1-2% only (or not even started playing the game yet)

- I will say it again, avoid games with ridiculous online trophies, 4 player, 8 player, they honestly just aren't worth it, or alternately just forget caring about trophies.

Yet another reason to avoid Max Payne 3.

I have an Xbox and very casually achievement hunt some exclusive games. Using TrueAchievments.com for sessions is a better experience than I have had on PSNP.  TA displays the feedback rating in percentage next to every participants name. People are so much more considerate on there compared to here because if they don't show up or leave after getting their achievement, they know they will get a negative feedback rating from every person and that is publicly visible in every session. You can even see how many positive/neutral/negative ratings each individual has gotten. PSNP could do with implementing that.

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 3

There is nothing you can do. I used to get livid about things like that, and still remember making a session for a coop trophy I needed, only to end up helping the guy who joined get nine trophies in that game before he bounced and blocked me from his list. That was the most extreme case that happend to me, but there were lots of other sessions where people never replied after joining, and stuff like that.

Simply move on and never play with them again. Luckily, although it might not seem like it at times, there are many awesome people here. Just make sure you are one of them.

5 minutes ago, GrantVernonHart said:

No i'm not make fun of any person just honest topic except i show their profiles and make excuses

If you want to change something we need to gather some voice ?

i get what your saying, but they are strict on forums on calling out cheaters. you cant make a forum and say "so and so cheated" 
so im guessing the rules would be similar, you cant say "so and so bailed on me in a boost"
shaming per this website is basically just point blank calling out someones name for doing something not legit. its nothing to do with laughing at them or making "yo momma" diss jokes

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Same. People are selfish. When I got my last trophy in Red Dead Redemption I stuck around for five hours to make sure everyone else in the boosting group got what they needed. Shows you how much I care. 

There was a dude who was making rude and offensive remarks, to where someone made a group on PS4 just so he could avoid him. 

I do the same; if I get the trophy first, I always make sure the other person/people get it too. That's the way it should be, but sadly not everyone is like that. It's best to stick with repeat people as often as possible.

3 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I have an Xbox and very casually achievement hunt some exclusive games. Using TrueAchievments.com for sessions is a better experience than I have had on PSNP.  TA displays the feedback rating in percentage next to every participants name. People are so much more considerate on there compared to here because if they don't show up or leave after getting their achievement, they know they will get a negative feedback rating from every person and that is publicly visible in every session. You can even see how many positive/neutral/negative ratings each individual has gotten. PSNP could do with implementing that.

This sounds like a great idea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I do the same; if I get the trophy first, I always make sure the other person/people get it too. That's the way it should be, but sadly not everyone is like that. It's best to stick with repeat people as often as possible.

Unfortunately. I make it a point to avoid randoms most of the time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

It should be noted by admin and don't forget to gather some voices ?

11 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Yet another reason to avoid Max Payne 3.

How about gta 4 that server almost empty even you found match it could be cheaters and op player

8 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i get what your saying, but they are strict on forums on calling out cheaters. you cant make a forum and say "so and so cheated" 
so im guessing the rules would be similar, you cant say "so and so bailed on me in a boost"
shaming per this website is basically just point blank calling out someones name for doing something not legit. its nothing to do with laughing at them or making "yo momma" diss jokes

Like I said before i'm not gonna reveal any psn id and slander anyone with or without reason

Edited by GrantVernonHart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrantVernonHart said:

How about gta 4 that server almost empty even you found match it could be cheaters and op player

GTA V is worse. Completely broken on the PS3 due to modders. Playing on a public session puts you at great risk of having your trophies autopop, which results in an automatic flag on this website.

So, it’s best not to deal with it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

GTA V is worse. Completely broken on the PS3 due to modders. Playing on a public session puts you at great risk of having your trophies autopop, which results in an automatic flag on this website.

I'm kinda regret play gta 5 online luckily im just online for couple hours because annoying people and boring should avoid this one ?

21 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I'm tempted to get the GTA V rank trophies in a private session and then leave the rest of the trophies like Heists that may sometimes throw you back into a public lobby. If anything auto pops I can just delete user as I would be playing it on my second PS3. Still a bit risky because the trophy could auto sync to PSN at the moment it is obtained...

• Like 1

I don't boost that much, the most people I've boosted with is 3 at one time in Doom Eternal I think, and I don't have any bad experiences with boosting in general. I have the comfort of working from home so I can work around other people's schedules. But I definitely understand how troublesome an 8 people boosting session could be and it's honestly mind-blowing to me that there's no like/dislike or a comment system of some sort. I mean, if you're in a 2, 4 or 8 person group and you show up 3 hours late, or don't show up at all, you deserve to be called out by name, so other people who value their time can avoid you. 

But I'm from a time when stating a fact wasn't called "shaming". 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I'm tempted to get the GTA V rank trophies in a private session and then leave the rest of the trophies like Heists that may sometimes throw you back into a public lobby. If anything auto pops I can just delete user as I would be playing it on my second PS3. Still a bit risky because the trophy could auto sync to PSN at the moment it is obtained...

I probably just try to get platinum online trophies and dlc is Dangerous place to get 100% completion more Dangerous than vita trick

I used to be got platinum gta 5 and burnout paradise when i playing offline and for fun before make psn account. 

Is it safe to me play gta 5 and burnout paradise only to get platinum because gta 5 online is Dangerous and some burnout paradise trophy are unobtainable i'm probably got flagged because of this but i need some explanation here ?

5 minutes ago, GrantVernonHart said:

I probably just try to get platinum online trophies and dlc is Dangerous place to get 100% completion more Dangerous than vita trick

I used to be got platinum gta 5 and burnout paradise when i playing offline and for fun before make psn account. 

Is it safe to me play gta 5 and burnout paradise only to get platinum because gta 5 online is Dangerous and some burnout paradise trophy are unobtainable i'm probably got flagged because of this but i need some explanation here 1f605.png

Like me you don't have 'Run like the Wind' trophy, so it is an unobtainable Platinum on PS3 now. DLC isn't the only 'dangerous' place. You will get flagged if you get the auto popped trophies for the base game too, this happens when you join a public lobby.

As for Burnout, again, like me, you don't have 'Send a Mugshot or Smugshot' trophy. So another unobtainable Platinum :)

40 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Like me you don't have 'Run like the Wind' trophy, so it is an unobtainable Platinum on PS3 now. DLC isn't the only 'dangerous' place. You will get flagged if you get the auto popped trophies for the base game too, this happens when you join a public lobby.

As for Burnout, again, like me, you don't have 'Send a Mugshot or Smugshot' trophy. So another unobtainable Platinum :)

Yeah it is unobtainable in latest patch but like I said before platinum still obtainable for both gta 5 and Burnout paradise using first version and probably offline mode (physical version mostly) but when Ea and R* added some online trophies which are now main trophy that platinum are now impossible to get platinum except you play first version of it. I just need some explanation because some online trophies are now in main game should i platinum this or just let it go with permission of course

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

- What is their overall trophy percentage? If it's something like 25% instead of over 80% they're probably not even going to care if they get the trophies or not

Well, that's absolute BS. Someone's completion % means nothing when it comes to boosting. Besides, how would someone bring up their % if nobody was willing to play with them because of some prejudice?

I've done @ 250 sessions on TA and had ONE go bad (8 person game...but most of the people from the failed session helped everyone out afterwards...so it was bad, and great at the same time).

I've done a handful here, and while I have has a few awesome sessions, I'd say 50% of the sessions I've joined have been duds. I had 2 Max Payne sessions (4+ people) fail years ago because 1-2 players would get their trophy and leave everyone else high and dry. I've had sessions where people do the trophies with people who message them and blow off the people who join the session. I've had sessions where I'm just ignored. For the most part, I won't even bother with sessions here because of the probability of them going south. I still have a few obscure games with easy 3-4 player trophies I'd like to try, but I'm pretty hesitant to bother. It just gets old. I prefer *Cue Billy Idol music* Boosting with myself. 

I'm the type that will always stick around until everyone finishes what we set out to do (And will help with extra stuff if possible), but go ahead and judge me beforehand because I don't spend 24/7 gaming. 

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Are you talking the PS3 Burnout? Isnt the entire online shut down for that now? 

Edited by Floorkiller74
mistype

5 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Well, that's absolute BS. Someone's completion % means nothing when it comes to boosting. Besides, how would someone bring up their % if nobody was willing to play with them because of some prejudice?

I've done @ 250 sessions on TA and had ONE go bad (8 person game...but most of the people from the failed session helped everyone out afterwards...so it was bad, and great at the same time).

I've done a handful here, and while I have has a few awesome sessions, I'd say 50% of the sessions I've joined have been duds. I had 2 Max Payne sessions (4+ people) fail years ago because 1-2 players would get their trophy and leave everyone else high and dry. I've had sessions where people do the trophies with people who message them and blow off the people who join the session. I've had sessions where I'm just ignored. For the most part, I won't even bother with sessions here because of the probability of them going south. I still have a few obscure games with easy 3-4 player trophies I'd like to try, but I'm pretty hesitant to bother. It just gets old. I prefer *Cue Billy Idol music* Boosting with myself. 

I'm the type that will always stick around until everyone finishes what we set out to do (And will help with extra stuff if possible), but go ahead and judge me beforehand because I don't spend 24/7 gaming. 

What a terrible experience you have here maybe admin want to listen to us 

A stone Roses for you my man maybe we could share things Together as friends and Brothers ??

15 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Erm, no it isn't prejudice, and I didn't say that all. What I am saying is, look for clues, guy might have 10% completion but he/she might be very chatty and cooperative.

I am just saying that if someone has a low percentage in general, you might want to just judge that person's standards. I mean if they don't seem to care about offline and easy trophies on their other games, are they going to stay the distance?

It's not BS, it's common sense. Every situation is different of course. Anyway I had a boosting partner who had low 20% and wanted to boost with me, hadn't even bought the game but bought it next door, and didn't reply to my messages and the boosting session came and went. And then had the cheek the following week to join my boosting session again and not even reply back to my messages from the previous week. At least I didn't waste my time trying to boost with this person. (Weeks later i rechecked and the person still hadn't got the trophies)

Oh and I've also had boosting sessions set up with other people and then I found a few days later, this friend already has the trophies and deleted me from their friend list without telling me. I guess that's just how the world works I guess. I mean even boosting sessions are boosting with randoms in a way, just slightly more dedicated randoms.

Lucky dip of life!

15 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I'd say 50% of the sessions I've joined have been duds. I had 2 Max Payne sessions (4+ people) fail years ago because 1-2 players would get their trophy and leave everyone else high and dry.

It must suck having your boosting partner leave early. I mean that's usually why where possible you need to take it in turns to do stuff so you can be getting your trophies at relatively the same time.

Edited by enaysoft

He wasn’t even directing his post towards you @Floorkiller74 dude. That’s just common sense. 

I’m not going to waste my time with someone with a 10 - 30 percent completion rate on their account if they aren’t serious about trophies in the first place. At best they are casual trophy hunters, but generally they don’t trophy hunt in the first place. 

It’s very important to communicate effectively with fellow boosters if you are serious about said trophies that are online.

Failing to communicate properly boils my blood, so I understand the frustrations many people have with boosting, including yourself.

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Erm, no it isn't predudice, and I didn't say that all. What I am saying is, look for clues, guy might have 10% completion but he/she might be very chatty and cooperative.

I am just saying that if someone has a low percentage in general, you might want to just judge that person's standards. I mean if they don't seem to care about offline and easy trophies on their other games, are they going to stay the distance?

It's not BS, it's common sense. Every situation is different of course. Anyway I had a boosting partner who had low 20% and wanted to boost with me, hadn't even bought the game and didn't reply to my messages and the boosting session came and went. And then had the cheek the following week to join my boosting session again and not even reply back to my messages from the previous week. At least I didn't waste my time trying to boost with this person.

Oh and I've also had boosting sessions set up and then I found a few days later, this friend already has the trophies and deleted me from their friend list without telling me.

I guess that's just how the world works I guess. I mean even boosting sessions are boosting with randoms in a way, just slightly more dedicated randoms.

Lucky dip of life!

It must suck having your boosting partner leave early. I mean that's usually why where possible you need to take it in turns to do stuff so you can be getting your trophies at relatively the same time.

Both Max Payne sessions were just for one trophy each. I'm also the type to let everyone get theirs 1st, which has bitten me here. If we were going for more than 1 trophy I would have insisted I get mine before we move on to the next one. 

But see, you even admit you judge because of low %'s. Mine is low because I have video game ADHD (kinda joking) and skip from one game to another. I also buy a lot more than I should. Add a 360/XB1 and the fact that I have a full time job and a life = very low completion %. I still intend on bringing it up, but with as many games as I have it could be years before I'm above your threshold. I don't plan on getting a PS5/XBXS so the good news or me is I only have like 143-14 years worth of games to catch up on, lol

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

He wasn’t even directing his post towards you @Floorkiller74 dude. That’s just common sense. 

I’m not going to waste my time with someone with a 10 - 30 percent completion rate on their account if they aren’t serious about trophies in the first place. At best they are casual trophy hunters, but generally they don’t trophy hunt in the first place. 

It’s very important to communicate effectively with fellow boosters if you are serious about said trophies that are online.

Failing to communicate properly boils my blood, so I understand the frustrations many people have with boosting, including yourself.

I never said he directed it at me, as I hadn't even posted in this thread before...I would have no reason to believe he was. 

So, casual trophy hunters don't have the same rights to sessions? I mean, I'm not a completionist, so I don't care to get EVERY trophy, probably wouldn't join any kind of long grindy session, but I still enjoy getting trophies and knocking online ones off my list. I do agree communication is key. Maybe people blew me off and/or ditched me because of my %...IDK. That's pretty pathetic if they do. 

3 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Both Max Payne sessions were just for one trophy each. I'm also the type to let everyone get theirs 1st, which has bitten me here. If we were going for more than 1 trophy I would have insisted I get mine before we move on to the next one. 

But see, you even admit you judge because of low %'s. Mine is low because I have video game ADHD (kinda joking) and skip from one game to another. I also buy a lot more than I should. Add a 360/XB1 and the fact that I have a full time job and a life = very low completion %. I still intend on bringing it up, but with as many games as I have it could be years before I'm above your threshold. I don't plan on getting a PS5/XBXS so the good news or me is I only have like 143-14 years worth of games to catch up on, lol

Well I can't speak for myself, or you. I'm sorry you had a bad time on Max Payne, perhaps if you had vetted your boosting partners a bit more, like looking at their trophy percent/ testing out communication first etc, you might not have been bitten. Of course maybe you'd still have been burned, no idea. At least you should try to minimise the risk for yourself.

But yes, you just admitted you have a kind of ADHD, that's fine by me, who cares about your percent. If I was boosting with you and you said that, I would accept it as a valid reason.

My point, which of course I don't want to have keep repeating myself. You need to understand from the other player why they want to boost, if they have started 3 new games in the same week and barely played any of them, why wouldn't they just start a new game and got bored of the current one before you even started to boost. Interesting in boosting today, but not tomorrow.

If my trophy percent was 20% overall, I probably wouldn't even care about trophy boosting, I mean why would someone care? You'd maybe boost a few bronze trophies and then move your percent from 21.27% to 21.31% for me personally that wouldn't even be a goal.

However even after all this, if talking to that person and they said "OMG I love this game it's my favourite game ever and I want 100% on it",

I'd accept it.

Again, communication is key.

low % is unfortunately often a bad sign of, impulse buying, not staying the distance, not being able to concentrate etc.

I mean, even the OP of this topic once had a Silent Hill 2 topic deleted for asking for someone else's save data. I didn't immediately judge this person and label someone as a cheater.

From reading this thread, seems like a nice enough dude though, I believe everyone deserves a chance. You have to prove you have the potential though.

I don't judge anyone, honestly :) You shouldn't ignore warning signs though, might save you a bit of time and hurt later.

• Like 1

This is why I hate online trophies and tend to avoid them if possible. 

I have had my share of bad boosting session, sometimes I was the one setting up and people who signed not show up at all, and sometimes the very OP didn't participate in it's own session. 

But, I have had some very good sessions too, with very efficient and organized groups, who guarantees the trophies for everyone.

Sadly it's pure luck when it comes to sessions. 

I have to say that I agree with the OP, and I think that something needs to be done. 

A feedback / reputation system could be very useful, like others have suggested. 

If you help others and play after you get your trophies, you get points, if you leave as soon as you are done, you get less point, if you sign up and don't show up you get a flag so other may know that you are not to be trusted. 

Obviously it comes with concessions, like if someone show up 30 minutes later it's fine, you don't down vote him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah mostly avoiding games with ridiculous online trophies is unfortunately the way to go. Having said that I've never had a single bad boosting partner. There's a few simple tips though that I can share with you to make things easier.

- Talk with the person on chat days in advance, see what kind of person you are hooking up with, if they don't even reply to your messages much or even at all until the boosting time, or seem to be barely online much if ever, just ditch them

- Chat with your boosting partner, I've had some shitty and boring grinds of things like 100 wins for each player, while grinding, text chat with them, or have a voice chat. Spend the entire time slagging off online trophies. I've had some pretty fun boosting sessions for very boring tasks

- Does the person only have the trophies to boost left? If they're almost at platinum chances are they will be reliable.

- I've had people message me wanting to boost trophies, barely even a message and 1-2% only (or not even started playing the game yet)

- I will say it again, avoid games with ridiculous online trophies, 4 player, 8 player, they honestly just aren't worth it, or alternately just forget caring about trophies.

Great tips!  All except avoiding games with grindy or over the top online requirements.  Instead of avoiding those games, simply avoid the MP trophies that are too much.  Get what you can and move on.

So many good games (Uncharted 2-4 for example, also Rockstar, Ubisoft, etc) would be avoided that way and that would be a loss.  If there is a game I want to play, I am playing it no matter the trophy list.  Gaming first, trophy hunting second.  Feels healthier to me anyway.

I know some say they will play on an alternate account for OCD reasons but I think that seldom happens I think as they have a backlog of other (often lesser) games to play with easier single-player trophies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Great tips!  All except avoiding games with grindy or over the top online requirements.  Instead of avoiding those games, simply avoid the MP trophies that are too much.  Get what you can and move on.

So many good games (Uncharted 2-4 for example, also Rockstar, Ubisoft, etc) would be avoided that way and that would be a loss.  If there is a game I want to play, I am playing it no matter the trophy list.  Gaming first, trophy hunting second.  Feels healthier to me anyway.

I know some say they will play on an alternate account for OCD reasons but I think that seldom happens I think as they have a backlog of other (often lesser) games to play with easier single-player trophies.

I completely agree with you. If I can find people and get the trophies good, if not, no big deal, I play another game. 

I really don't get why people avoid such great games only because of trophies, but I'm not going to judge, everyone is free to do has they please. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

If my trophy percent was 20% overall, I probably wouldn't even care about trophy boosting, I mean why would someone care? You'd maybe boost a few bronze trophies and then move your percent from 21.27% to 21.31% for me personally that wouldn't even be a goal.

low % is unfortunately often a bad sign of, impulse buying, not staying the distance, not being able to concentrate etc.

But see, I do want to earn those few little trophies here and there to bring it up. I could use a false account to have a higher %, or play every Rata game, but I generally don't like that crap. 

I don't have ADHD by the way, and my completion % has nothing to do with my ability to concentrate. Guilty as charged with impulse buying....really guilty. 

I know this isn't about me, but I'm just saying you could lose out on good partners because of your assumptions.

I personally wish there was a FB system. Yeah some people would abuse it, but on other sites this quickly works its self out. The people who do screw with sessions, leave retaliatory feedback, constantly no-show etc are very easy to pick out. I have 495+ and one - (Retaliatory) on TA, showing I'm reliable. I show up and do what's required. My session feedback is way more important than my completion % there (Which isn't much better) and I think that's they way it should be here. I can say over there, many people have a few feedbacks that they don't deserve, but it's pretty easy to see a pattern and see which ones are ill-deserved. However, I've been here for years and the Mods have always shown resistance to that (There was a beta for FB some time ago, but it was poorly implemented)

Edited by Floorkiller74