Penalty for Leaving/disappear, Bad Behaviour, and not on time in boost session

1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I know this isn't about me, but I'm just saying you could lose out on good partners because of your assumptions.

That is indeed very true. Yeah I'd rather miss out out on good partners if it meant avoiding bad partner. Unfortunately that's just the way of life I guess. But like it's up to the other person too to prove they are serious, of which those signs I will see.

I'd certainly boost with you though, if you're this dedicated to replying to my posts, you'd likely have the same passion for completing a boosting session. :)

A feedback system wouldn't be perfect, but it's certainly better than not having a system at all.

• Like 2

I used the Sessions feature for the first time recently. The people who joined were extremely polite and helped me even though they had already earned the trophies.

The only notable "bad" boosts I've had were pieced together with randoms or some try-hard offering assistance in the old PS Communities on PS4.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 7:32 AM, GrantVernonHart said:

I used to got left behind and partner disappear without permission what Sanctions to be imposed?

Also Guest Psnprofiles and outsiders some of them help through my Progress and some of them make false promises

No Shaming People here just an honest topic and having bad experience same as other player did. 

Just ignored guest/outsiders if they weren't from boost session host is taking full control of boosting session except you have no choice it's up to you.

Feedback are welcome probably owner/admin Psnprofiles may make some changes depends how many player have bad experience when making boost session.

Correct me if i made mistake thanks 1f64f.png

You're better off finding a discord server to boost trophies with. A lot of those servers are moderated more for these types of things.

7 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

That is indeed very true. Yeah I'd rather miss out out on good partners if it meant avoiding bad partner. Unfortunately that's just the way of life I guess. But like it's up to the other person too to prove they are serious, of which those signs I will see.

I'd certainly boost with you though, if you're this dedicated to replying to my posts, you'd likely have the same passion for completing a boosting session. :)

A feedback system wouldn't be perfect, but it's certainly better than not having a system at all.

I guess I can't knock you for that. I did say I generally won't boost here because of the bad experiences....I'm sure I'm missing out on good people too (Like I said, I have met some helpful and friendly people in the past)

And yes, I'd like to think I'm a good booster. I only join sessions when I have time available (I also wish more sessions stuck to their listed times) and I always make sure people get what they need. If the session is for 8 trophies and I need 1, I'll stick around and help until everyone has everything. 

6 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I used the Sessions feature for the first time recently. The people who joined were extremely polite and helped me even though they had already earned the trophies.

Same here. I used it for the Squad Goals trophy in Fall Guys. A few joined and they were very helpful and a few of us ended up getting the trophy. We still trying to help the others get it as well but it's been a blast with them. Very cool people.

• Like 1

From my experience, it's been a mixed bag. I've had a few groups bail on me as soon as they got their trophies while others stayed until everyone got their trophies done. I can't count how many times my Assassin's Creed Brotherhood boosting groups fell apart as soon as somebody got their trophy and ran. On the other hand, I had a guy stay with me for the entire Far Cry 2 boost until we both got our MP trophies. 

Best advice? Open the group to unlimited sign up's and leave it to first come, first serve for boosting.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Well I can't speak for myself, or you. I'm sorry you had a bad time on Max Payne, perhaps if you had vetted your boosting partners a bit more, like looking at their trophy percent/ testing out communication first etc, you might not have been bitten. Of course maybe you'd still have been burned, no idea. At least you should try to minimise the risk for yourself.

But yes, you just admitted you have a kind of ADHD, that's fine by me, who cares about your percent. If I was boosting with you and you said that, I would accept it as a valid reason.

My point, which of course I don't want to have keep repeating myself. You need to understand from the other player why they want to boost, if they have started 3 new games in the same week and barely played any of them, why wouldn't they just start a new game and got bored of the current one before you even started to boost. Interesting in boosting today, but not tomorrow.

If my trophy percent was 20% overall, I probably wouldn't even care about trophy boosting, I mean why would someone care? You'd maybe boost a few bronze trophies and then move your percent from 21.27% to 21.31% for me personally that wouldn't even be a goal.

However even after all this, if talking to that person and they said "OMG I love this game it's my favourite game ever and I want 100% on it",

I'd accept it.

Again, communication is key.

low % is unfortunately often a bad sign of, impulse buying, not staying the distance, not being able to concentrate etc.

I mean, even the OP of this topic once had a Silent Hill 2 topic deleted for asking for someone else's save data. I didn't immediately judge this person and label someone as a cheater.

From reading this thread, seems like a nice enough dude though, I believe everyone deserves a chance. You have to prove you have the potential though.

I don't judge anyone, honestly :) You shouldn't ignore warning signs though, might save you a bit of time and hurt later.

I thought borrow savefile are allow here just like ps2 memory card but that Aren't allow here. Theres no need hiding something here you can still check all of my post anytime you want if i made mistakes I'll face the consequenses with my responsibility

Edited by GrantVernonHart

I don't boost an awful lot, but the one piece of advice I can give is - keep a list!

I have a paper list of everyone who has ever been in a session with me, along with notes (No-show / Chatty-Cathy / Liar / Good dude / Leaver / disruptive / Reliable / Unreliable / Uses-Mic / Text-Only / Slow typer / Spammer etc.)

Obviously it's not going to be comprehensive, but it does fill out over time - (mine is pretty long now, and has notes going back 8 or 9 years)

If you make a session yourself, you can set it to 'approval required' so you can check the names against the list before adding folks, and if you are joining one, you can still check and give the session host a quick heads up privately if anyone in it is particularly worth keeping an eye on (making sure everyone else gets their trophies first, if they are a leaver, or making sure to have alternates if they are unreliable in their time-keeping etc.)

Also, if nothing else, it is a good reminder that the bad-apples are rarer than you  think - looking at my list, i'd estimate 70-80% of the names just have "Good guy" next to them - which is nice to remember on the rare occasions that it feels like every session is going sideways ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dakk55 said:

From my experience, it's been a mixed bag. I've had a few groups bail on me as soon as they got their trophies while others stayed until everyone got their trophies done. I can't count how many times my Assassin's Creed Brotherhood boosting groups fell apart as soon as somebody got their trophy and ran. On the other hand, I had a guy stay with me for the entire Far Cry 2 boost until we both got our MP trophies. 

Best advice? Open the group to unlimited sign up's and leave it to first come, first serve for boosting.

This. It's always better to have your sessions on unlimited sign ups.

23 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I don't boost an awful lot, but the one piece of advice I can give is - keep a list!

I have a paper list of everyone who has ever been in a session with me, along with notes (No-show / Chatty-Cathy / Liar / Good dude / Leaver / disruptive / Reliable / Unreliable / Uses-Mic / Text-Only / Slow typer / Spammer etc.)

Obviously it's not going to be comprehensive, but it does fill out over time - (mine is pretty long now, and has notes going back 8 or 9 years)

If you make a session yourself, you can set it to 'approval required' so you can check the names against the list before adding folks, and if you are joining one, you can still check and give the session host a quick heads up privately if anyone in it is particularly worth keeping an eye on (making sure everyone else gets their trophies first, if they are a leaver, or making sure to have alternates if they are unreliable in their time-keeping etc.)

Also, if nothing else, it is a good reminder that the bad-apples are rarer than you  think - looking at my list, i'd estimate 70-80% of the names just have "Good guy" next to them - which is nice to remember on the rare occasions that it feels like every session is going sideways 1f602.png

When i was join boost session (Battlefield 1) back in the day boost almost run smooth even they're not on schedule (some of them also not appears and random join without permission and also 2nd boost experience that). 2nd boost i was helping one of participant even i was done i just help anyway. But things getting worse no one follow host command including me and everyone seems made their own boost session without telling anyone. 

It's hard to play with toxic player especially trophies with above 8 players,too many task, too grinding etc probably they will leave as soon he reach his own goals then leaves you for being toxic player. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GrantVernonHart said:

When i was join boost session (Battlefield 1) back in the day boost almost run smooth even they're not on schedule (some of them also not appears and random join without permission and also 2nd boost experience that). 2nd boost i was helping one of participant even i was done i just help anyway. But things getting worse no one follow host command including me and everyone seems made their own boost session without telling anyone. 

It's hard to play with toxic player especially trophies with above 8 players,too many task, too grinding etc probably they will leave as soon he reach his own goals then leaves you for being toxic player. 

Yeah, it can get a little rough out there. The problem is, you have to be relentless, and it can help to 'partner up' with at least one person in the session. For some reason, I find that people are much more willing to listen to one player demanding that the people stay to help someone else who has been left behind and hasn't got their trophy yet, than to do so for the person asking themselves - maybe it makes folks feel a little less able to just cut ties and run if they see someone else not doing the same!

I remember the last session I did a few months back, one player did't manage to get their trophies, and it was really disheartening to see so many people just shrugging their shoulders and trying to walk away when they asked about it, but me and the session host just began being relentless - hounding everyone who had been in the session all the time, and basically guilting them into coming back to help the last man get his prize - and it worked, eventually!

Most people feel it's easy to just cut and run if they think that is what everyone else is doing, but find it harder to live with it if they see others trying to do the right thing...

...so the best advice is - do unto others as you would have done unto you! 

Hopefully a combination of guilt, and the infectiousness of altruism might win out in the end ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Mine would be: Uses-Mic to be a Disruptive Chatty-Cathy, but a Good dude.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Mine would be: Uses-Mic to be a Disruptive Chatty-Cathy, but a Good dude.

?

I don't even know what folks would write about me - probably "Text-Only, chats worse than 5 barbers, but gets the job done..."

Edited by DrBloodmoney

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I don't even know what folks would write about me - probably "Text-Only, chats worse than 5 barbers, but get's the job done..."

Gotta get you a mic my dude. Do they make one with Scottish subtitles?

• Like 2

Just now, Helyx said:

Haha, well, I reckon some folks might struggle with the accent, but really, a mic is a no-go for anyone like me, who plays exclusively when my kid is asleep.

He's a light sleeper, and if there is a 100% guaranteed way to destroy a session I'm in, it would be me waking him up!

• Like 2

Haha, well, I reckon some folks might struggle with the accent, but really, a mic is a no-go for anyone like me, who plays exclusively when my kid is asleep.

He's a light sleeper, and if there is a 100% guaranteed way to destroy a session I'm in, it would be me waking him up!

7 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Its Good to see you guys having chat and give some opinion and advice keep up the good spirit ?

Edited by GrantVernonHart
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Scottish is only medium difficulty, it's the Irish you've got to watch out for. lol

How old is your kid? Sounds about the same as mine.

Oh yes that's another crappy thing about boosting, timezone, family commitments, and being old in general. Real life just gets in the way sometimes.

I mean if someone asks you on Monday to boost with them, and you say "Ok let's play on Sunday".

Even I'd turn me down.

• Like 1

Just now, enaysoft said:

Scottish is only medium difficulty, it's the Irish you've got to watch out for. lol

He's 7, but he is Autistic, and has ADHD, so if his sleep is disturbed, it's not a simple case of taking him back to bed - it generally means either me or his Ma need to stay up with him until 6 or 7am when he gets tired enough to fall asleep naturally again - and you can bet that if I'm the one who wakes him, his Ma is gonna be laying that responsibility where it belongs - at my sorry feet ?

Just now, enaysoft said:

Oh yes that's another crappy thing about boosting, timezone, family commitments, and being old in general. Real life just gets in the way sometimes.

I mean if someone asks you on Monday to boost with them, and you say "Ok let's play on Sunday".

Even I'd turn me down.

Oh - that's actually another good tip - if you are in a boost that requires multiple sessions, and has a lot of rotating members, it can be really useful to go into your phones "world Clock" app and add clocks for everyones different timezones. That way, you know what times people mean when they say "I'll be available at X", and it helps to know what times different people will be available etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

Even I'd turn me down.

I'm Indonesian my english mix between Australia,USA and British since some english have different version and accent for example soccer is USA football for British. When you (maybe) boost with me you hear my voice mix between those nation

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

He's 7, but he is Autistic, and has ADHD, so if his sleep is disturbed, it's not a simple case of taking him back to bed - it generally means either me or his Ma need to stay up with him until 6 or 7am when he gets tired enough to fall asleep naturally again - and you can bet that if I'm the one who wakes him, his Ma is gonna be laying that responsibility where it belongs - at my sorry feet ?

Oh - that's actually another good tip - if you are in a boost that requires multiple sessions, and has a lot of rotating members, it can be really useful to go into your phones "world Clock" app and add clocks for everyones different timezones. That way, you know what times people mean when they say "I'll be available at X", and it helps to know what times different people will be available etc.

Wow you're good father please take care your kids with love and respect

Yeah i also have Timezone problem when i play Naruto Shippuden: ultimate ninja storm 2 back in yesterday with guest Psnprofiles (had no choice but he still helping me) my connection is 30mbps but still laggy with NA and EU. 

Asian and Aussie had no problem at all except middle east

17 minutes ago, GrantVernonHart said:

please take care your kids with love and respect

Oh - I do, I love my son dearly - I didn't mean to suggest it's a burden or anything - just that staying up through the night can be rough on the old sleep-patterns, that's all!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Oh - I do, I love my son dearly - I didn't mean to suggest it's a burden or anything - just that staying up through the night can be rough on the old sleep-patterns, that's all!

Are you loud enough when you play games? I believe your room must be separate from him but hey sometimes you must be carry him like a sweet baby to make him fall asleep 

For shit and giggles on page 2. I looked at the idea of a low completion% by bad boosters by looking at people I know for been bad. 

The results: 1 in the 60s and 2 in the 80s. (I encountered more bad apples then just 3, but just out of my head..) 

To throw something else in the mix. High percentages are more likely to be competitive and move on when they are done even though it is a shit practice.

But honestly boosting sessions are a good way to introduce you to new people. But the best thing is to stick to folks you already played with since you know that those are good. 

Edited by Bumperklever

12 hours ago, enaysoft said:

- What is their overall trophy percentage? If it's something like 25% instead of over 80% they're probably not even going to care if they get the trophies or not

9 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’m not going to waste my time with someone with a 10 - 30 percent completion rate on their account if they aren’t serious about trophies in the first place. At best they are casual trophy hunters, but generally they don’t trophy hunt in the first place.

9 hours ago, enaysoft said:

My point, which of course I don't want to have keep repeating myself. You need to understand from the other player why they want to boost, if they have started 3 new games in the same week and barely played any of them, why wouldn't they just start a new game and got bored of the current one before you even started to boost. Interesting in boosting today, but not tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

The results: 1 in the 60s and 2 in the 80s. (I encountered more bad apples then just 3, but just out of my head..) 

To throw something else in the mix. High percentages are more likely to be competitive and move on when they are done even though it is a shit practice.

It's purely anecdotal of course, but, in my experience, the worst boosters in terms of "cutting and running" as soon as they get their trophies are often the high percentage, more "impressive" profiles.

(That's not to say most people with high percentages are bad boosters - I'd say most boosters are good across the board - but just that, of the bad apples I've come across, most are the ones with higher percentages and higher raw numbers.)

If I had to hazard a guess as to why, I'd imagine there is a certain part of them that thinks "I'm 'higher level, so the trophies mean more to me than to others. It won't make any difference to their profiles if they get it or not, so why bother helping" 

Generally, I have found that lower completion rate players or lower level players in terms of LB rank who join sessions often really want to do that specific game for personal reasons, and also care more about "making a good impression" to others, so to speak, so I personally would not use those kind of metrics to gauge whether someone would be a good boosting partner :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

Generally, I have found that lower completion rate players or lower level players in terms of LB rank who join sessions often really want to do that specific game for personal reasons, and also care more about "making a good impression" to others, so to speak, so I personally would not use those kind of metrics to gauge whether someone would be a good boosting partner :dunno:

This! I ran and use to help out in Overwatch boosting, most people that unlock and go where high % completionists, while new guys on the scene were more interested in getting to know more people and helping out!

• Like 2

I suggest a Reddit-like karma system. Or just an upvote only reputation system. The higher number, the higher likelihood of them being both experienced and great to work with. Downvoting can be easily exploited by someone well known in the community who can convince 5 others to downvote and instantly penalize the user from just one session of play. 

New members will just have to work on building cred, and I highly doubt someone is going to say, “You only have 10 karma, you can’t join this boost and help me with these trophies that I actually need quite badly enough to make a boosting session for.

The mods have enough work to do going through cheating disputes and forums reports. Adding another form of reporting will probably slow down their workflow even further. 

Edited by SakiSakiSukiSuki