GrantVernonHart

Penalty for Leaving/disappear, Bad Behaviour, and not on time in boost session

86 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Scottish is only medium difficulty, it's the Irish you've got to watch out for. lol

How old is your kid? Sounds about the same as mine.

 

Oh yes that's another crappy thing about boosting, timezone, family commitments, and being old in general. Real life just gets in the way sometimes.

I mean if someone asks you on Monday to boost with them, and you say "Ok let's play on Sunday".

Even I'd turn me down.

 

I'm just glad I haven't found 'that girl' yet. I've had a number of girlfriends in the past, but none lasted more than a year. Generally it was a case of not really knowing how to settle our differences, so I broke up with them.

 

Personally, I'm a loner. I enjoy being single, all things considered. I'm not bogged down by inner family commitments, children, having to pay for their expenses and all that crap that comes with middle age. No offense, but I don't like kids much to be honest. Just being truthful.

 

The day I have a kid is the day I give up my wallet and all the free time I had left.

 

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

He's 7, but he is Autistic, and has ADHD, so if his sleep is disturbed, it's not a simple case of taking him back to bed - it generally means either me or his Ma need to stay up with him until 6 or 7am when he gets tired enough to fall asleep naturally again - and you can bet that if I'm the one who wakes him, his Ma is gonna be laying that responsibility where it belongs - at my sorry feet 1f602.png

 

I'm 33 years old and still Autistic. Still had ADHD to an extent, but I'm mostly cured of that. I never could stay up until 6 or 7 am, because I always had to get up at 6 am sharp to go to school at 8 am every weekday.

 

My nephew and niece are in the same age group as your kid. Thankfully they aren't Autistic, which saves my sister a lot of frustration. I had to make due with some special education and a tutor at my side throughout my childhood, which wasn't easy on my parents.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only toxic boosting session i had was during Rogue Company i believe. We were 2 boosting for 24h trophy then some other guy joined up and started sending messages like ''why are you dying? omg you are so bad etc.'' Dude was trying to be that toxic try hard with the least amount of kills he had. Anyways we gave him the boot  because he was sending same type of messages to both of us then blocked the kiddo and we did our boosting together and super chill.

 

I mean people get angry for not showing up etc but thats life, at least you don't end up getting annoying people in that scenario. I rather staying alone entirely if i it will lead to not wasting time with people like that. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes real life happens. I made a boosting session once but I had a power outage that prevented me from actually participating so that was that. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I've ever had a boosting session go smooth with more than 2 people. It's why I don't bother anymore, online trophies are bad enough as it is. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The last time I used PSNP sessions for boosting was in December 2018 when Star Wars Battlefront II's "Choose Your Path" trophy had a stupid requirement where you had to be the marked man and kill another marked man 50 times. This was an 8 player session where everyone showed up on time except one guy and I replaced him with a 2nd PS4 but then 2 hours later when everyone in the group almost got the trophy that missing guy came online and said "I'm here now invite me" and then we told him he was 2 hours late and we were nearly done and then didn't let him join because of that. He then went off on us swearing at us before leaving the chat. If I didn't have a 2nd PS4 he would have thrown off the entire session for 7 other people so you shouldn't accommodate for people when that's the case. Plenty of times in the past I've just had a 2nd console replace people who are late to PSNP sessions because 99% of the time when you organize a session for multiple people someone fails to show up on time. I recommend opening up the session to extra people and then if people are late/don't show up then you can still do the session, otherwise if a miracle happens and everyone who joins the session is there on time, you could try and have people stay and help the few extra people in the session if the trophy isn't very long to boost.

 

Another thing that happens is someone stays for a few hours to get a trophy because they need to wait for their turn to get it, but once they've had their turn to get the trophy and finally get it, the people after them have to suffer because suddenly when the person gets the trophy they'll say "sorry guys gotta go, got work tomorrow". So there are people who just don't stay in the session until everyone gets the trophy when they're needed for other people after them to get the trophy. Right now I have enough consoles/friends to get most trophies I want without using sessions, but I have experienced toxic sessions a lot of times on this website so I feel the pain of people who still use them.

Edited by Sergen
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The last time I used PSNP sessions for boosting was in December 2018 when Star Wars Battlefront II's "Choose Your Path" trophy had a stupid requirement where you had to be the marked man and kill another marked man 50 times. This was an 8 player session where everyone showed up on time except one guy and I replaced him with a 2nd PS4 but then 2 hours later when everyone in the group almost got the trophy that missing guy came online and said "I'm here now invite me" and then we told him he was 2 hours late and we were nearly done and then didn't let him join because of that. He then went off on us swearing at us before leaving the chat. If I didn't have a 2nd PS4 he would have thrown off the entire session for 7 other people so you shouldn't accommodate for people when that's the case. Plenty of times in the past I've just had a 2nd console replace people who are late to PSNP sessions because 99% of the time when you organize a session for multiple people someone fails to show up on time. I recommend opening up the session to extra people and then if people are late/don't show up then you can still do the session, otherwise if a miracle happens and everyone who joins the session is there on time, you could try and have people stay and help the few extra people in the session if the trophy isn't very long to boost.

 

Another thing that happens is someone stays for a few hours to get a trophy because they need to wait for their turn to get it, but once they've had their turn to get the trophy and finally get it, the people after them have to suffer because suddenly when the person gets the trophy they'll say "sorry guys gotta go, got work tomorrow". So there are people who just don't stay in the session until everyone gets the trophy when they're needed for other people after them to get the trophy. Right now I have enough consoles/friends to get most trophies I want without using sessions, but I have experienced toxic sessions a lot of times on this website so I feel the pain of people who still use them.

Throwing games huh? Everyone have bad experience through boost session people could abandon session for stupid reason and swearing stuff like that he's totally jerk ignored him even he's from participants he should get bad reputation for being late and rude

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

 

I'm just glad I haven't found 'that girl' yet. I've had a number of girlfriends in the past, but none lasted more than a year. Generally it was a case of not really knowing how to settle our differences, so I broke up with them.

 

Personally, I'm a loner. I enjoy being single, all things considered. I'm not bogged down by inner family commitments, children, having to pay for their expenses and all that crap that comes with middle age. No offense, but I don't like kids much to be honest. Just being truthful.

 

The day I have a kid is the day I give up my wallet and all the free time I had left.

 

 

I'm 33 years old and still Autistic. Still had ADHD to an extent, but I'm mostly cured of that. I never could stay up until 6 or 7 am, because I always had to get up at 6 am sharp to go to school at 8 am every weekday.

 

My nephew and niece are in the same age group as your kid. Thankfully they aren't Autistic, which saves my sister a lot of frustration. I had to make due with some special education and a tutor at my side throughout my childhood, which wasn't easy on my parents.

What girl are you talking about I was curious 🤔 it's okay to be lonely rather than toyed with. Same here I was lonely too. 

 

 

Here's song to make you feel better 😊👌

For entertaining purpose only but topic remain still about boost session thanks🙏

 

 

Edited by GrantVernonHart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

Seeing a couple of replies about using completion percentage to personally vet users for boosting sessions is rediculous. 

My completion is low but I've helped 100s of people boost games like Rocket League, Fall Guys & Doom Eternal so on and so forth.

 

And if people aren't gonna let someone with a low completion rate into their boosting session, how are they going to improve that completion rate?

 

As far as I'm aware the people that I've been told about who abandon boosts before everyone gets the trophy have often been people with a high completion rate. I guess realistically they only care about their own shit and then don't wanna waste anymore time helping other people with the trophy because they wanna maintain their own high completion rate and get to working on the other trophies for the game.

 

People have debated a feedback system and a lot of the time there are arguments for and against it. The arguments against it being situations like a person who was late to the session deciding to give everyone else negative feedback, or someone who had a real life situation interrupt their boost is forever blocked from gaming sessions due to unforeseen circumstances causing them to get negative feedback. I simply believe that there could be a block button for gaming sessions and also a button you can press to highlight positive people you have boosted with, then you'll at least know that for your future sessions when people wanna join.

Edited by Sergen
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I simply believe that there could be a block button for gaming sessions and also a button you can press to highlight positive people you have boosted with, then you'll at least know that for your future sessions when people wanna join.

I think this would be a really good tool for most users.

Also, a lot of the arguments here going one way or the other show how hard this sort of thing would be to administer/moderate in practice. The last time I joined a boosting session here a few weeks ago, the organizer clearly stated "Time/date are placeholders, we need to wait until we have about 20 people."

It turns out I was the moron for believing the organizer in this instance. An hour before the stated time for the boosting session, we had 6-7 people. That's a little short of 20, so I went to go do other things. Turns out some of them grouped up and managed to successfully boost the trophies with a very small group. 

What I'm trying to get at is the PSNP boosting sessions tend to be a mess. I'm okay with being left behind in this scenario, but I'm not taking negative feedback for being flat out lied to.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

Seeing a couple of replies about using completion percentage to personally vet users for boosting sessions is rediculous. 

My completion is low but I've helped 100s of people boost games like Rocket League, Fall Guys & Doom Eternal so on and so forth. 

 

The best option for vetting is to have a feedback system, you can't discriminate a user for not having the same ways of playing when they can possibly carry you quicker or help more than waiting for someone with a higher percentage. 

Tbh I also came with low percentage. as long we equate winning and losing for example 10 wins then his turn 10 wins until we reach our goals this will prevent them from leaving games while other one almost finish the boost session.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.