Problem with accessing season pass from another account

realHiromi

I've played many games by sharing from a sub account, Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2 included, and I was able to access all DLCs without any problem.

I recently bought the Gold Edition on sub account (US) and started to play it on my main account (JP) as usual. However, the Season Pass icon in system menu is greyed out. This is kind of expected because game and store don't match in this case. However, I can't recruit Aiden and Wrench in the main campaign. I've read post saying they are supposed to show up outside the safe house, but they don't. They do appear as purchasable operatives for 1500 WD credits each, but obviously I won't pay extra when I have the season pass. Bloodline plays just fine. I really want to play as Aiden in the main campaign so this is quite frastruting :( 

DLC is often checked against the store that you purchased it from. Therefore when you play on your US account it checks the US store and when it plays on your JP account it checks the JP store.

Normally DLC is installed from the store before the game is running but it seems season pass requires you to boot up the game. Season Pass is a kind of, multiple DLC type of system. I don't know if you will work, but you will need to go into your other account and download the DLC first and then go back over to your Japanese account and hopefully it will be transferred over. I suspect you're out of luck though and will need to buy the Japanese Season pass.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Encountered this too, the Bloodlines expansion works fine on an alt account, but any other season pass content doesn't,

The only option would be to buy Aidan and Wrench for 3,000 WD Coins (1.5k each), in total that would cost around £19.00 real money.... for two characters. ? No thanks Ubisoft.