What PS4 games could become more expensive in the future?

Varhur

49 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

HA! I bought DDS1, but had to wait literal years before I could get DDS2 because of the attempted scalping. Ultimately, though, prices came down hard, and I got it.

I recently got Devil Survivor 2 brand new on 3DS for £40, thanks to the reprints. Only 3DS SMT game I missed out on, and didn't really wanna pay £100 for it. There's been a few other cases where I've managed to finally get games when the price has tanked as well. It's kinda rare for games to maintain their price tag indefinitely unless they're a limited print game or a 1st party Nintendo game that never gets ported to anything newer.

On 27/07/2021 at 9:12 PM, Varhur said:

which PS4 games you suspect might be expensive in the future but are still priced average? Note that I'm talking about physical games only.

Too soon to tell OP but most of the stuff I bought in photo below was either at release or on discount.

I remember you were asking for a potentially rare game that you can still get now. That would be PAL version of SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy Diamond Dream Edition (box on the right).

It's not cheap like you were asking but it's so damn rare.  

You can only buy it from NISA Europe store - nowhere else. Still available now but once it's gone, it's gone.

Otherwise, install distill web monitor and start tracking game prices of anything you're interested in.  

QGISPpS.jpg

Edited by thekingsman123
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

stuff made by gust will go stupidly priced. like a few years back i picked up stuff like atleir sophie and blue reflextion for like £10 each new in game and now they've shot up to like £30ish for pre owned copies. 

i wanna say danganronpa games also shot way up. the ps4 versions did a tad bit stupid but if looking at vita versions to go off they will climb to dumb pricing. 

there's also the obligatory weird collectors editions no one brought or anything by limited run games.

On 27/7/2021 at 9:19 AM, Cobbsquatch said:

The potential is there for someone in 40 years time to want a mint version of some shit game ... like Spiderman.. So they look for it and cos copies are rare on the open market they pay like £400, then slap on it on their shelf and forget it exists. Anything can happen.

That's true. We usually forget the world will be always here and the hobby will continue for decades. Every game gets expensive with time, and when consoles start to fail they become expensive too. There's people that threw away original prints of The Beatles in the 60's and now they are at a really high price, all because they thought "a vinyl from this new band won't be worth anything, right"

• Like 1

Saint Saiya: Soldier's Soul PS4

Mostly because it's been delisted from PSN as of late and now the only way to own the game, is to buy a physical copy. EU prices are already steep, so i'll expect the American ones to start increasing soon too.

I'm expecting a lot of Limited Print Run type games to start decreasing if anything. They're pushing game printing to the limit, and a lot of games with only a couple of thousand printed, aren't going for much. Personally, i think the more limited print stuff comes out the closer we head to a sudo video game market crash.

Edited by Ancestral_Spirit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 11:49 AM, Eek70 said:

What about those 'Toys to Life' games that might nee extra things such as peripheral and the toy? Lego Dimensions, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, StarLink, and the stuffed animal one?

Only as bundles or "complete" as collectors refer to them. The discs just by themselves go for like a dollar from GS.