Trophy thoughts!

edmarlomba

Anyone else's trophies not showing up? I've been popping them since the game came out last night but the game isn't even showing up on the trophy list on the console.

Edit: I'm on PS5, forgot to mention. I'm starting to think that the PS5 list hasn't been uploaded to the Playstation servers yet.

Edited by Pokedude97
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Pokedude97 said:

Anyone else's trophies not showing up? I've been popping them since the game came out last night but the game isn't even showing up on the trophy list on the console.

Edit: I'm on PS5, forgot to mention. I'm starting to think that the PS5 list hasn't been uploaded to the Playstation servers yet.

When you have problems like that it is due to the list not online yet.

BUT if you wanna see your offline trophy list you have to disconnect from the internet on your ps5. After that you can go to trophies again and see the offline list.

3 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

When you have problems like that it is due to the list not online yet.

BUT if you wanna see your offline trophy list you have to disconnect from the internet on your ps5. After that you can go to trophies again and see the offline list.

Yeah, it works now. Looks like the PS5 list went up late last night so I was able to sync.

Edited by Pokedude97

Damn what a surprise this was, such a simple yet great game. The real difficulty here will undoubtedly come from beating the bosses without getting hit as they have some random ass patterns and a bunch of aoe attacks. Attempting them on ng+ with more upgrades seemed like a good strategy at first but that's completely out of the question after seeing what the bosses are like on subsequent playthroughs so I'll attempt em on a fresh save. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

A few bosses in and I gotta say this is giving me some serious jotun flashbacks... 

Well, I know that coming from you that might be meant as a rather negative comment... but I'm even more intrigued now than I was before! ? I might get this game sooner than expected. 

22 hours ago, Xylobe said:

Similar vibe to Titan Souls, but gameplay I've seen looks a LOT harder and the trophy list is batshit. Sub-1% plat for sure.

I very much doubt that this will be the case. I'd be surprised if this game remained UR at all. I have not played this game yet, but from the trophy list it seems like you need to beat NG and NG+, and "simply" 0-damage all bosses... if you can do each of them individually, I don't expect the rarity to stay low at all. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

First time hearing about this game, but I just watched a quick review on YouTube and it looks awesome! It looks to have the beloved Dark Souls formula mixed with the look (character lugging around a giant sword behind them look familiar to anyone?) and in-depth combat/skill tree system of Transistor.

The trophy list looks pretty tough. I love Soulslike games but I really dread no-damage trophies in games. Nothing gets my palms sweating like trying desperately (and failing repeatedly) to avoid making a mistake in a tense fight lol. On the bright side though, with the depth of the combat system it sounds like a lot of fun being able to respec constantly and look for those game breaking combinations. It’s just a matter of time before people figure out the most powerful setups and strategies for each fight so those no damage trophies may not be as daunting as they look.

I’ll be keeping an eye out for this one. ?

6 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

On the bright side though, with the depth of the combat system it sounds like a lot of fun being able to respec constantly and look for those game breaking combinations. It’s just a matter of time before people figure out the most powerful setups and strategies for each fight so those no damage trophies may not be as daunting as they look.

Already found one to kill the abyss bosses quickly, will upload later. 

• Like 4

On 31/7/2021 at 6:12 PM, BrandedBerserk said:

Already found one to kill the abyss bosses quickly, will upload later. 

Awesome, please do when you have the time.

Edit: Disregard, found NG+ much easier the second time around.

And yes the real challenge in this list is no-damaging the bosses. Beating the game without dying and without using shards/infusions felt kinda easy compared to clearing NG+. Some NG+ bosses are ridiculous but ultimately still felt doable (the final boss did piss me off though ngl), but no-damaging some bosses is gonna take some actual practice.

Edited by Doomsounder
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I very much doubt that this will be the case. I'd be surprised if this game remained UR at all. 

I agree on that but mostly because of the numbers who will play the game on this site. Most players will not try it out because of the fear breaking their 100% profiles ;)

I loved Jotun so i will play this game at some point and i am pretty sure i will love it!

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 2

So here's the build that makes quick work of all the Abyssal bosses along with some videos showcasing how effective it is. If you're wondering why I can't just use this for the no damage trophies it's because this build actually damages you over time which negates the no damage trophies. 

For those of you who have no idea whats even going on in the clips. I'm basically using charge Attack which will allow me to hit circle to then use "Bloodburst" this attack spawns a shard which increases your damage but also creates more shards whenever bloodburst is used again but here's the catch, picking up one of the shards afterwards will immediately fill your bloodburst bar meaning you don't have to charge in order to use bloodburst so just spam away while repeatedly picking up shards. These shards stack for significant damage boost on top of the infusions which are being used to increase my damage while also chipping away at my health but is regained quickly due to the amount of damage being dished out. Certain times the shards will spawn right on top of you making the whole process even easier as you don't even have to move to pick them up. Then you also have "fang" bars which generates by damaging bosses, these also give you a damage boost it left unused or can be activated for a powerful thrust.

Hopefully this helps anyone who is attempting to earn the platinum. Unless some cheese method or exploit is discovered, as of now I'd say this will fall somewhere between an 8 to 8.5/10 difficulty for most because of the no damage trophies.

VORrIzu.jpg

Edited by BrandedBerserk

5 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Just got the plat and damn was that satisfying, if anyone has questions regarding the game or platinum shoot while it's still fresh in my mind. 

congrats dude, i have a doubt about the trophy that we need to beat the game whithout shards and infusions. Can I distribute my points in the skill in this mode or I can't upgrade anything?