Trophy thoughts!

edmarlomba

3 hours ago, xXFinal_WaveXx said:

congrats dude, i have a doubt about the trophy that we need to beat the game whithout shards and infusions. Can I distribute my points in the skill in this mode or I can't upgrade anything?

You can upgrade just don't use any shards to infuse your abilities or active shard except for the one time where it's mandatory to cross the bridge after beating the guardian, remove it from the slot right after getting past the log. 

20 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

You can upgrade just don't use any shards to infuse your abilities or active shard except for the one time where it's mandatory to cross the bridge after beating the guardian, remove it from the slot right after getting past the log. 

thanks bro, it worked well =)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

About 25 hours to platinum, but it felt like a heck of a lot longer. At least 6 of those hours were devoted entirely to beating Eos and Azikel hitless in Arena Mode, by the way. They're easily the worst Iron bosses to defeat; the remainder are quite doable during a normal playthrough, since you can build for maximum damage output by killing as many bosses as possible (including DLC bosses), along with getting the NPC blessings. Coupled with the correct shards and the DLC Executioner weapon, the Berserker fighting style becomes absurdly strong. Fortunately, self-damage caused by using certain shards doesn't count against you, either. Be sure to back up your save file, in case you accidentally kill a non-Arena boss after getting hit (I sure did). Turning off the soundtrack definitely helps you notice which attack is incoming next, too.

I've played a number of very difficult boss rush titles over the years, but nothing has ever required as much grinding as the disgusting RNG nightmare called Eos, which made this a 9.5/10 challenge for me. If luck isn't on your side, getting hit is unavoidable. 252 tries! I was actually shocked when the trophy popped, because I'm sure I heard the "you got hit" sound effect during the final phase. I'm guessing what happened is that I dodged on the exact same frame as getting "hit," and the game decided to be merciful. We take those! It's imperative to inflict as much damage as possible when the water orb positions itself in the center, but don't destroy it—you'll want to take out the fire orb first, since its final attacks are far more predictable. If the fire orb ends up in the center, however, it's best to just let it kill you and try again. I really hate no damage trophies for heavily luck-based fights.

Azikel took 54 attempts, and he's nowhere near as awful, provided that the laser grid attack pattern doesn't screw you over. I found it most consistent to retreat to a corner and just hope you have enough room to perfect dodge through them. Also, watch out for his melee strikes, since they have way more range than you'd expect. A bit of patience goes a long way in this battle, and I personally preferred the Wind Dancer sword here, for increased mobility. No doubt the Executioner axe would also work fine, though.

Finally, Drakmur also needed around 25 attempts. Like Eos, it's quite an RNG-dependent battle, so aim to have the highest damage build possible, and end it before they happen to unleash an unavoidable combination of attacks. Sometimes, I couldn't even tell what exactly hit me in this one—weird clone hitboxes, perhaps? Clones spawning on top of you certainly seems to be the greatest threat. An annoying damage race, but not that bad overall. In the event it could be useful to someone, I recorded them:

Spoiler

Everyone else only took 5-10 tries, thus I didn't bother to make videos. Aryana was probably the easiest of all, needing just 3 goes to bring down hitless. Anyway, best of luck to those who attempt this nasty thing!

Edited by StraightVege
  • Like 1