Some Alienware PCs banned in California, CO, HI, OR, VT, and WA. YHGTBKM.

RadiantFlamberge

On 7/27/2021 at 9:10 PM, DaivRules said:

This regulation was passed by these states in 2016 and went into effect two years ago in 2019. Dell has known about this since it passed and these are the first production PCs that exceed the regulations. And NOW people want to get outraged. Yet another reason to get involved in your local and state politics, not just the national election every four years, if you have problems so you can stop them before they start.

First, one would have to understand these regulations. 

I don't see an issue with wanting to control or limit power consumption. Is that a problem in and of itself to anyone here? Could anyone here provide a convincing reason to vote against such change? 
The topic is "Oh crap! The mean governments blocked some gaming hardware!" when it really is "A lazy company failed to meet government regulations." 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

Did I honestly start a flame war here? Because that's what it seems like to me.

Whatever you did AJ, I must concede that it was impressive as hell. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thread veer off a cliff and into the abyss so abruptly, and with so much fury. Bravo dude.

10 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I agree with this in premise, but the problem is that "we the people" all hold different opinions and views, so while some might want X, others might want Y which may impede receiving X and vice versa. And as a result, there's always gonna be some tension, conflicting views and criticisms, though I think that goes without saying anyway.

But I think for a lot of people, they just don't really get involved in politics, particularly local politics, either because they don't have the time/energy, don't care, or believe others are better "qualified" or more knowledgeable. As others have pointed out, it doesn't seem like this regulation is anything new, but some people seem unaware of its existence before now, or simply didn't care about it until it affected them. I see this kind of thing happen quite a lot, not just in politics, and it's kinda depressing that a good chunk of people just don't see to care about stuff that could potentially affect them down the line until it hits them in the face.

Personally, I find myself often hesitating to vote in much of anything any more since there's so many politicians/parties that seem to support something I agree with, but also support something I'm not exactly keen on, or otherwise just feel like they're full of it, so it sometimes just feels like a catch 22 or a losing battle from the get go; do I vote for this party because they support X but also support Y? Do I vote for this party who seems to support just X but also seems like they could just be pandering to the X crowd for their own benefit?. Dunno if that's a common feeling or not, but I can't blame others for not wanting to get more involved in politics if it is.

Anywho, OP topic in general isn't something I hold strong opinions about either way since 1. I'm not American 2. I'm not that into PC gaming and 3. I don't have a lot of knowledge of US politics or the regulations surrounding this, mostly because of the former. But this has been an popcorn worthy interesting thread to read nonetheless.

This is nothing new of course. I just see this as a sign of things to come. The best thing for Dell to do would be to reduce power consumption on their higher rig PCs, because they do in fact use up a lot of power. But while Daily Mail is a trash source out of the UK, this just sounds like "Ban the Alienware PCs", while the rich fucks who live in California are using up more power than you can imagine.

I think it's sad that American Politics has basically seeped its way into other first world countries, particularly the UK since we both seem to hold our hands a lot when it comes to a great many things.

Somebody said it best when he said "When America sneezes, the rest of the world gets a whiff of it". That is completely true.

The Democrats and Republicans are both lunatic and have completely drifted off course to the point where people like myself, who see ourselves in the middle, are jumping off ship. You either have to be a radical liberal or conservative, or the parties want nothing more to do with you. You have to pick a side and support their ideologies. There is no middle ground anymore. I found myself out of choices and generally vote Independent whenever I get the opportunity, even though there isn't a snowball's chance in hell an Independent is going to take a seat in office. Democrats and Republicans are backed up by the corporations, and greatly influence the future of which we will eventually inhabit.

Alienware PCs, not a bad choice if you're new to PC gaming, but building a PC yourself is far more rewarding. There's nothing stopping people in California from building a gaming PC, but banning the new Alienware PCs is honestly a wasteful endeavor.

The rich people get what they want, while the average person is getting screwed over.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Whatever you did AJ, I must concede that it was impressive as hell. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thread veer off a cliff and into the abyss so abruptly, and with so much fury. Bravo dude.

That's his specialty lmfao, good read though as always. 

To me all this talk of climate change is just being done cause it's the current trend which is unsurprisingly being exploited by certain politicians. Sure any actions taken towards reducing pollution is a good thing but are pcs really at the top of the list when it comes to pollution or things to tackle in order to make any real impactful changes? Definitely not. 

I doubt it has anything to do with sjws but rather just politicians who want to prove they're doing something by doing absolutely nothing.

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

Actually that would be a great tagline to get rid of stupid online or grindy trophies

"Think of the environment!! If these stupid trophies weren't so time consuming or required all these networking resources, we could help save the planet!"

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, breakingthegreen said:

Anyway this thread started of dumb as rocks and way to reactionary, good thing folks like @DrBloodmoney , @Abby_TheLastofUs (I know they barely said anything this time but I mean as a trend) and especially @Sicho, (I mean jeez their's was an effing essay) are so articulate and well researched in their points. I'd probably given up on this forum years ago if not for folks like them.

Reactionary for being against a dumb law that will do nothing but cause companies to do some adjustments to get around it completely? Right.

No issue with the third, but if the first two were as good as you say they'd target strong points rather than just weak ones and ignoring everything else. I mean look at Abby's post for example. A mocking comment deployed against an anti-SJW post that ignores context on why they would make such a statement, that being all the comments already made of that nature, as to put forward the idea that all comments being made by everyone else are laughable and don't have any merit. DrBloodmoney is better certainly better, but overall, an issue both sides ultimately have is a complete disinterest to look at why the other side holds a position and try to understand it beyond the most basic, well they're bad people so of course they think that. 

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I think people here got triggered when I said the "SJWs in California are ruining everything" which sparked this entire line of comments saying that people like me throw out SJW for anything that doesn't comply with our viewpoints.

Jesus Christ you guys. Did I honestly start a flame war here? Because that's what it seems like to me.

It ain't a matter of there being a flame war. Your posts tend to have weakpoints that can be attacked such as hyperbolic statements, statements they can frame without any context, incorrect info, certain terms that usually identify biased people, so on, to diverge things so they don't actually have to defend whatever it is being attacked because to do so would be silly. 

Not attacking you, just letting you know. In these sort of things if you are not careful you can have the rest of the post be as good as you like, but have one obvious weak point and opponents will just hammer that over and over again to escape having to address what they don't want to. You do you also of course. Sometimes what is needed is a firm and loud pushback. 

• Like 1

Daily Mail links should be disallowed going forward. I know now that DM is conservative-leaning, and has some bad biases... sounds somewhat like Fox News. Not the kind of things I support. Like I said, I've blocked it in my browser.

After letting it marinate for a bit, I've come around... maybe California's action is not so bad. What had me bothered is that I felt CA and the other 5 states should have given Dell/Alienware a little more time to start implementing the ATX12VO standard. ATX12VO will probably be adopted by pre-built PC manufacturers soon. It may take a little time to get to the BYOPC market. Cutting power consumption in lower power states (web, Youtube or other videos) should help matters, even if load power consumption (i.e. gaming and CAD) stays about the same.

Sycho's post above is a good one. I like the point about the LED lights and the 9 TWh/year savings. A side benefit is that LEDs last longer. When a small change is done by so many, it can add up. I get it. Let's hope the prices of electric vehicles can be brought down closer to what internal combustion ones cost.

13 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

being against a dumb law that will do nothing but cause companies to do some adjustments to get around it completely?

You do realise this is literally the point of environmental regulation, right?

To get companies to adjust their products to meet the regulation - if that happens, then that means the regulation works as intended.

What you say here is basically the equivalent of: 

"What's the point in having a dumb 30mph speed limit? Drivers will just slow down to under 30mph to get around it completely!"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Not attacking you, just letting you know. In these sort of things if you are not careful you can have the rest of the post be as good as you like, but have one obvious weak point and opponents will just hammer that over and over again to escape having to address what they don't want to. You do you also of course. Sometimes what is needed is a firm and loud pushback

As it happens with basically any forum website in existence. Can't make a counter point? Try to find a weak spot in someone's argument, hammer that in until they get sick of it.

15 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Daily Mail links should be disallowed going forward. I know now that DM is conservative-leaning, and has some bad biases... sounds somewhat like Fox News. Not the kind of things I support. Like I said, I've blocked it in my browser.

After letting it marinate for a bit, I've come around... maybe California's action is not so bad. What had me bothered is that I felt CA and the other 5 states should have given Dell/Alienware a little more time to start implementing the ATX12VO standard. ATX12VO will probably be adopted by pre-built PC manufacturers soon. It may take a little time to get to the BYOPC market. Cutting power consumption in lower power states (web, Youtube or other videos) should help matters, even if load power consumption (i.e. gaming and CAD) stays about the same.

Sycho's post above is a good one. I like the point about the LED lights and the 9 TWh/year savings. A side benefit is that LEDs last longer. When a small change is done by so many, it can add up. I get it. Let's hope the prices of electric vehicles can be brought down closer to what internal combustion ones cost.

Terrible idea. Daily Mail is often bad but that ignores that their opponents often do the same thing. For example, and this is not an invitation for anyone to debate that matter, this is simply to cite a case. The refugee crisis of years back in Europe, which is actually still on going yes, no need to tell me. Those media sources that stand against the likes of the Daily Mail would lie and rubbish claims of "economic migrants" being a large part of the flow. They'd shout that it was "mostly women and children" when people could clearly see in images with their eyes that it was largely men, which makes logical sense as men can make the trip better and once settled can more easily bring over women and children. There was the boy dead on the beach images that they pimped out like an opponent of theirs might pimp out a story about a dead blond girl by a Muslim/Black/Polish/Whatever to paint the whole group as bad (though those groups don't often actually show the body like they did with the boy). Wish I could find it now, perhaps scrubbed, but I recall one reporter even admitting it at one point as while they are lying, they have a duty to lie to try and change public opinion to save the vulnerable, but as I can't find it we'll have to mark that down as anecdotal.

To not even get into the fact that just because a source is often bad doesn't mean it can't actually publish some truth, truth that other more "honest" groups don't want to talk about.

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You do realise this is literally the point of environmental regulation, right?

To get companies to adjust their products to meet the regulation - if that happens, then that means the regulation works as intended.

What you say here is basically the equivalent of: 

"What's the point in having a dumb 30mph speed limit? Drivers will just slow down to under 30mph to get around it completely!"

Perhaps I wasn't clear, sorry. I meant in that what I said in the post before the one you quoted. That companies will simply use the motherboard for example to get around it. Plenty of laws out there do zero good as certain things will simply be tweaked to get around it, and in some cases things get even worse. It is a consequence of writers of laws having little idea about what they are writing a law for.

4 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

As it happens with basically any forum website in existence. Can't make a counter point? Try to find a weak spot in someone's argument, hammer that in until they get sick of it.

It can work, hence how commonly it is done across the internet. Not my cup of tea personally.

4 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Or swear at them and get your post removed for being offensive, and tell others to block you (because you obviously block them) so we're all in our own echo chambers.

Your ego is unbearable, you have never changed your opinion because you always believe you are right, you're the smart one in the conversation and everyone else is stupid.  

Proven by how you ignore the criticism of the post you quoted and direct the problem at the forum.

• Like 2

I just realised that @DrBloodmoney was who I responded first to. @breakingthegreen this sort of thing is what I meant in my response to your comment when you mentioned the first two people in your post. No engagement was made with my response to DrBloodmoney's post, instead a comment mocking me (I'm using the language of my first post, but it ultimately is the goal yes) for making what they saw as a stupid comment later made instead when a chance was felt to have come up. Which is bad as reading my first post it clearly informs what is meant in the statement they later attacked.

Of course DrBloodmoney is free to not respond to my post (meaning the first one) for whatever reason. They could have simply even just missed it somehow. Just felt all this was a good illustration for what I said previously. 

31 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Perhaps I wasn't clear, sorry. I meant in that what I said in the post before the one you quoted. That companies will simply use the motherboard for example to get around it. Plenty of laws out there do zero good as certain things will simply be tweaked to get around it, and in some cases things get even worse. It is a consequence of writers of laws having little idea about what they are writing a law for.

That is how these laws work. (Full disclosure - I work in engineering, and navigating these kind of regulations is a part of my industry.)

The laws get passed, and have loopholes / get-outs.

Technological methods that skirt them, or exploit said loopholes are developed, so their impact is minimised, but not completely eradicated.

The laws are then tweaked to account for these changes in technology.

Further technological methods are developed to further skirt the tweaks, minimising their impact, but again, not completely negating them.

And the cycle goes on and on.

The two entities (the regulatory statute makers, and the companies affected) do this little waltz, with two steps forward and one step back, over and over, and any individual change seems minuscule, however, over time, the impact is that, little by little, the changes have a compound effect - and actually, it ends up being beneficial to both.

The regulatory industry gets it's minimisation of the negative byproduct, and the industry itself remains healthy, having been forced to develop new technologies and solutions they would not otherwise have been encouraged to do, creating more jobs, new strains of product pipeline, and ultimately, commercial growth.

Seeing any individual step in the process, and trying to assess it as a singular entity, and judge the merits of it is not an accurate measure of the success of the whole process.

Most journalistic entities understand that, and report on the changes with that in mind.

Unfortunately, the Daily Mail (the paper most famous, still, for supporting the Blackshirt Fascist movement in the UK, and, in it's modern form, for it's endless quest to categorise every single consumer product into one of two camps - either causing, or curing, cancer - its desperate attempts to paint videogames as creating serial killers, and it's endless hand-wringing about the demise of family values, while spending endless pages of coverage of Kim Kardashian's "Ample Assets") simply wants to appeal to those looking for any reason to complain about anything, and so, fail to report in any reasonable way.

9 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

I just realised that @DrBloodmoney was who I responded first to. @breakingthegreen this sort of thing is what I meant in my response to your comment when you mentioned the first two people in your post. No engagement was made with my response to DrBloodmoney's post, instead a comment mocking me (I'm using the language of my first post, but it ultimately is the goal yes) for making what they saw as a stupid comment later made instead when a chance was felt to have come up. Which is bad as reading my first post it clearly informs what is meant in the statement they later attacked.

Of course DrBloodmoney is free to not respond to my post (meaning the first one) for whatever reason. They could have simply even just missed it somehow. Just felt all this was a good illustration for what I said previously. 

I didn't respond to your original post, as there were so many falsehoods that it was predicated on, that it would have taken ages.

It was clear you would not be changing your mind anyway, so why bother? I'm not going to change your mind, and anyone else reading the thread can see both comments and decide for themselves which they agree with :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

That is how these laws work. (Full disclosure - I work in engineering, and navigating these kind of regulations is a part of my industry.)

The laws get passed, and have loopholes / get-outs.

Technological methods that skirt them, or exploit said loopholes are developed, so their impact is minimised, but not completely eradicated.

The laws are then tweaked to account for these changes in technology.

Further technological methods are developed to further skirt the tweaks, minimising their impact, but again, not completely negating them.

And the cycle goes on and on.

The two entities (the regulatory statute makers, and the companies affected) do this little waltz, with two steps forward and one step back, over and over, and any individual change seems minuscule, however, over time, the impact is that, little by little, the changes have a compound effect - and actually, it ends up being beneficial to both.

The regulatory industry gets it's minimisation of the negative byproduct, and the industry itself remains healthy, having been forced to develop new technologies and solutions they would not otherwise have been encouraged to do, creating more jobs, new strains of product pipeline, and ultimately, commercial growth.

Seeing any individual step in the process, and trying to assess it as a singular entity, and judge the merits of it is not an accurate measure of the success of the whole process.

Most journalistic entities understand that, and report on the changes with that in mind.

Unfortunately, the Daily Mail (the paper most famous, still, for supporting the Blackshirt Fascist movement in the UK, and, in it's modern form, for it's endless quest to categorise every single consumer product into one of two camps - either causing, or curing, cancer - its desperate attempts to paint videogames as creating serial killers, and it's endless hand-wringing about the demise of family values, while spending endless pages of coverage of Kim Kardashian's "Ample Assets") simply wants to appeal to those looking for any reason to complain about anything, and so, fail to report in any reasonable way.

I didn't respond to your original post, as there were so many falsehoods that it was predicated on, that it would have taken ages.

It was clear you would not be changing your mind anyway, so why bother? I'm not going to change your mind, and anyone else an see both comments and decide for themselves which they agree with :dunno:

Except as I said, it can also have the opposite effect and make things worse. These laws with these "loopholes/get-outs" always damage the common public and often actually benefit business which yes, you might frame as a good thing, but many would frame as a negative due to who it comes at the expense of.

If California is serious they should pass something that is tough and can't be easily thought of how to get around by some random guy on the internet, let alone the highly skilled engineers all these companies have.

And only they get to have that? Not their opponents? How fortunate. So if the likes of the Daily Mail does it they're monsters, cheats, and liars. If others do it, well, they just understand the merits of the whole process. What a happy tale. As for mentioning Blackshirts... I doubt the Mail is most famous for such a thing and no serious person in society brings that up in RL you'll notice. I doubt also you'd support a statement on the same level as that such as for example, "The Democrats are the party of the KKK/Confederacy" as to why they should be disregarded. Or do you?

? This doesn't cut the mustard friend. As seen by your first post, if anything I said approached a falsehood you'd be very happily responding to them. I checked the post and really can't see where you would think these many falsehoods are. I could, at a large stretch see one that can be argued (I'd disagree, but I can see the argument), but many? Not seeing it.

2 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

This doesn't cut the mustard friend. As seen by your first post, if anything I said approached a falsehood you'd be very happily responding to them. I checked the post and really can't see where you would think these many falsehoods are. I could, at a large stretch see one that can be argued (I'd disagree, but I can see the argument), but many? Not seeing it.

That's okay - you don't have to.

The advantage of this kind of social media is that we don't have any responsibility to educate people, we can simply disagree - I'm comfortable that everything I write is correct to the best of my knowledge, and I stand by my opinions, while reserving the right to change them if I am presented with new information I trust.  :dunno:

I don't need those who disagree to come around to my point of view for me to find that comfort - t's all good ?☮️

This is the future if certain people of power have their way.  We will have locks on our thermostats in 10 years or less if we don't make better decisions about who we elect in office.  California is a prime example of a state ran into the ground by extreme thinking. They literally ruin the state they live in and one day sit back and say it sucks here now and then they leave to go ruin some other great place.  I talk to people on the mic that can't turn their heat on because it costs too much in CA and they are literally shivering.  From people living in the streets to one useless ineffective energy policy after another the CA government damns the state more each time they pass a bill.

Meanwhile we get rid of oil pipelines that literally cause 0 pollution so that now we must drive oil into the country on big trucks.  We bring it in on barges from over seas.  People sit back and cheer they got rid of the pipeline and they are so stupid they don't understand it causes 100000x more pollution to transport it without them.  Not to mention it costs us a lot more to buy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNocturnalOwl said:

Or swear at them and get your post removed for being offensive, and tell others to block you (because you obviously block them) so we're all in our own echo chambers.

Your ego is unbearable, you have never changed your opinion because you always believe you are right, you're the smart one in the conversation and everyone else is stupid.  

Proven by how you ignore the criticism of the post you quoted and direct the problem at the forum.

Everybody speaks in an echo chamber here. I have yet to see anybody on these forums in the years I've been using them to speak outside of their echo chambers. You're not going to find them.

He insulted me, I yelled at him back. I automatically discredited that entire post of his when he basically blurted out that I'm dumb in every other post I make.

9 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

This is the future if certain people of power have their way.  We will have locks on our thermostats in 10 years or less if we don't make better decisions about who we elect in office.  California is a prime example of a state ran into the ground by extreme thinking. They literally ruin the state they live in and one day sit back and say it sucks here now and then they leave to go ruin some other great place.  I talk to people on the mic that can't turn their heat on because it costs too much in CA and they are literally shivering.  From people living in the streets to one useless ineffective energy policy after another the CA government damns the state more each time they pass a bill.

Meanwhile we get rid of oil pipelines that literally cause 0 pollution so that now we must drive oil into the country on big trucks.  We bring it in on barges from over seas.  People sit back and cheer they got rid of the pipeline and they are so stupid they don't understand it causes 100000x more pollution to transport it without them.  Not to mention it costs us a lot more to buy it.

That's not to mention the forest fires, one of which started not far from Weed, California and some asshole pulled out a gun and was killed by the police because he was a threat. People are so goddamn stupid.

California was for so long the most prosperous state in the nation, and after that it was probably Michigan because of the auto industry. Those ships are long gone.

Instead of giving people more opportunity and freedoms, the CA government seems to be restricting and removing them from the general public. I know it's too damn expensive to live down there. People can't get affordable wages, one reason why so many are moving up to Oregon and Washington State. Banning Alienware PCs isn't going to do a lick of difference I don't think, even though they're also banned in Washington.

And when you try to oppose the government, they'll just follow thru with their plans even further. I've personally had many relatives move up to my general area, because they can't take California's crap anymore.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

That's okay - you don't have to.

The advantage of this kind of social media is that we don't have any responsibility to educate people, we can simply disagree - I'm comfortable that everything I write is correct to the best of my knowledge, and I stand by my opinions, while reserving the right to change them if I am presented with new information I trust.  :dunno:

I don't need those who disagree to come around to my point of view for me to find that comfort - t's all good 1f44d.png262e.png

And of course you are free to drive down that road if you wish. It would be nice if you didn't stop now and then to heckle others going the other way for their paintjob or it having a scratch, but you do you. Have a nice day. 

3 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

@DrBloodmoney said a very apt statement that describes what you're talking about.

46 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In essence they can't see the wood for the trees. They focus on certain details and miss the whole picture. If something has a negative effect then it must be stopped even if overall it actually has a positive one. Animal Hunting, Big Game Hunting, Trophy Hunting (not the kind on this site) is the easiest example for these matters, though yours is good too. So many are against it and wish to see it banned... when in actuality it is actually good for the animals (and others) overall and also good for the people who live in the places that get hunted as it is a source of income. 

3 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

He insulted me, I yelled at him back. I automatically discredited that entire post of his when he basically blurted out that I'm dumb in every other post I make.

I said what I said in the nicest possible terms as I'm not in the business of insulting people. You are free to take it as you wish, but it would be nice if you self reflected a bit yes. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is nothing new of course. I just see this as a sign of things to come. The best thing for Dell to do would be to reduce power consumption on their higher rig PCs, because they do in fact use up a lot of power. But while Daily Mail is a trash source out of the UK, this just sounds like "Ban the Alienware PCs", while the rich fucks who live in California are using up more power than you can imagine.

I think it's sad that American Politics has basically seeped its way into other first world countries, particularly the UK since we both seem to hold our hands a lot when it comes to a great many things.

Somebody said it best when he said "When America sneezes, the rest of the world gets a whiff of it". That is completely true.

The Democrats and Republicans are both lunatic and have completely drifted off course to the point where people like myself, who see ourselves in the middle, are jumping off ship. You either have to be a radical liberal or conservative, or the parties want nothing more to do with you. You have to pick a side and support their ideologies. There is no middle ground anymore. I found myself out of choices and generally vote Independent whenever I get the opportunity, even though there isn't a snowball's chance in hell an Independent is going to take a seat in office. Democrats and Republicans are backed up by the corporations, and greatly influence the future of which we will eventually inhabit.

Alienware PCs, not a bad choice if you're new to PC gaming, but building a PC yourself is far more rewarding. There's nothing stopping people in California from building a gaming PC, but banning the new Alienware PCs is honestly a wasteful endeavor.

The rich people get what they want, while the average person is getting screwed over.

People in this country need to start putting Country First and Party 2nd.  People putting it the other way around are causing this extreme left and extreme right world we live in.  I have came down on both sides but for me i feel their is only one side to come down on so long as freedom of speech is at stake as well as other freedoms.  I watch a lot of foreign news anchors that believe they are witnessing the demise of the leader of the free world.   I think social media is a big part of it.  people sit back on their phone and defend their position to the point they can't see straight.  It's another cause of extremism.  I canceled social media out of my life.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, steel6burgh said:

People in this country need to start putting Country First and Party 2nd.  People putting it the other way around are causing this extreme left and extreme right world we live in.  I have came down on both sides but for me i feel their is only one side to come down on so long as freedom of speech is at stake as well as other freedoms.  I watch a lot of foreign news anchors that believe they are witnessing the demise of the leader of the free world.   I think social media is a big part of it.  people sit back on their phone and defend their position to the point they can't see straight.  It's another cause of extremism.  I canceled social media out of my life.  

This is social media. These forums where we're making these posts. I want to say only a few websites behave in this manner, but the cold truth is it's all facets of social media. Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, etc etc.

You cannot tell me for one second that Rachel Maddow, a complete liberal talking head at MSNBC, is good for the future, because she is not. She's just as messed up as any other news anchor on the big political US news stations. Completely one sided, blames conservatives for virtually anything, has planted her agenda in concrete cement. And when you try to oppose people like her, she will cancel you out. That is cancel culture, and it is what's separating us. I can't leave the other extreme out, their agenda is just as messed up and convoluted.

Whenever I watch foreign news anchors it feels like a breath of fresh air, because I'm not subjected to the constant diarrhea. And it's sad that something as insignificant as Alienware PCs, gaming hardware that only a minority of people will ever buy, is being targeted.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is social media. These forums where we're making these posts. I want to say only a few websites behave in this manner, but the cold truth is it's all facets of social media. Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, etc etc.

You cannot tell me for one second that Rachel Maddow, a complete liberal talking head at MSNBC, is good for the future, because she is not. She's just as messed up as any other news anchor on the big political US news stations. Completely one sided, blames conservatives for virtually anything, has planted her agenda in concrete cement. And when you try to oppose people like her, she will cancel you out. That is cancel culture, and it is what's separating us. I can't leave the other extreme out, their agenda is just as messed up and convoluted.

Whenever I watch foreign news anchors it feels like a breath of fresh air, because I'm not subjected to the constant diarrhea. And it's sad that something as insignificant as Alienware PCs, gaming hardware that only a minority of people will ever buy, is being targeted.

no you're correct this is social media but my true identity is not compromised and my fiends in real life aren't sitting in judgment of everything i say so this is a safer less intrusive form of social media to me at least.  But you're right it is a from of it.  FB is who I cancelled, there wasn't anything worth seeing on there anymore anyway.