Campaign Help/Tips?

I started this because the guide gave it a 3 in difficulty but I haven't had any luck advancing into Mexico and it's getting frustrating plus the controls don't make a lot of sense and anything I try and dish out just gets countered. Any helpful advice or tips on how to make this easier would be fantastic.

Can't help you, but I find the campaign also rather difficult and I upgraded health skill already. Campaign is more a 6 or 7 out of 10 in terms of difficulty.

But I see now, that you powered through, gonna do the same

Edited by CanadaSayajin
checked OP first

• 2 weeks later...

If someone else is having trouble with controls, here is the list of combos per character class - https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe-2k-battlegrounds/wwe-2k-battlegrounds-superstar-classes-styles-full-list-details
Special moves and throws require stamina (blue part of the ring beneath the character). I just finished boot camp and I'm not really sure if it matters which combo you use, you can swich them when you get sick of the same animation.
Throw in L2+R2 special move while waiting for stamina to regenerate.
Rinse and repeat till the end of the game.

On 7/28/2021 at 8:56 AM, TragicKingdom50 said:

I started this because the guide gave it a 3 in difficulty but I haven't had any luck advancing into Mexico and it's getting frustrating plus the controls don't make a lot of sense and anything I try and dish out just gets countered. Any helpful advice or tips on how to make this easier would be fantastic.

Just qte counter their moves. Utilize good powerups. The shield, regen and health up are the way to go. 

If you can get to health up, use it. If not, regen should be your go to. Shield is situational when you know you'll be on the receiving end of an ultimate.

But like I said, just do counter reversals: They can do Good dmg in the long run. I finished the game using the face buttons only. Special combos should make it easier I guess

Granted, you should be able to just offence your way to the final 2 chapters. 

• 5 months later...

I've read a lot of my people struggle with the final money in the cage fight towards the end of the career mode. My advice for that match is to always be on the cage, but low down. When you anticipate the electric, crawl back down, avoid opponent, but go straight back up afterwards. That way, you cause damage to the girl dragging you down, yet she cannot do big damaging moves to you. The side you climb up should be where the money bags are. The only difficult part is leaving the cage. Time it right after an electric attack. As long as you take minimal damage, the l2/r2 spam should win every time! Good luck 

• 4 weeks later...

That Gauntlet before the Wrestlemania event is making me want to cry, keep coming back to the game time and time again but I'm just a button basher, im awful on the counter, everything i do seems to be reversed or blocked, most matches i've just jammed out with a nice ring count but not this lol. Is there any way to upgrade your campaign character i see some skill tree sets when you view their stats on the superstars menu

Edited by LEGENDofDISCO

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2021 at 9:22 AM, CanadaSayajin said:

Can't help you, but I find the campaign also rather difficult and I upgraded health skill already. Campaign is more a 6 or 7 out of 10 in terms of difficulty.

But I see now, that you powered through, gonna do the same

I agree. This guide writer is crazy to say this is a 3/10. Maybe with a turbo controller lol. 

On 8/17/2021 at 8:49 AM, CruizD said:

Just qte counter their moves.

Those go so quick I have to be incidentally just pushing the correct button. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

It's not that hard if you make the right moves. I abused the mechanics once I knew what to do, although I have to admit my ass got kicked before :)

During the Gauntlet I chose the brawler type and spammed one move over and over. Kept pressing X button and move the left stick in various directions. This way once my opponent goes down, he stays down for the most of the fight,

The Undertaker fight was annoying, but the L2+triangle move and jmping from the turnbuckle was the solution. When he's down, move behind him, and once he gets up, kick him from behind with L2+triangle. If you're unable to get behind him (like when he's in the corner), just climb the turnbuckle, and wait for him to approach, then jump.

As for the last trophy, The Royal Rumble, I finished with full green health bar using pretty much the same trick as above.

Use the Undertaker, spammed the brawler move (X button), then climbed the turnbuckle and waited for my opponents to show up. Once someone's hostile near you, jump on him, use taunt, heal if you need (don't forget to upgrade your abilities), use R2+L2 whenever your heat bar fills up. I waited most of the fight on the turnbuckle, going down to irish whip on the opponents with zero health, and even when I got damaged (nasty things can happen) it was really easy. Oh, and don't forget to lock on on anyone who's hostile so that you jump on the proper wrestler. This tactic also works during Campaign.

Edited by drazmierz