Easy/garbage Plats

InvisibIeBanana

Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct forum section for this, but I'd like some advice on something. I'm sure some of you saw my post the other day about creating a new account after it was hacked. I decided to go hard on super easy Plats and managed to knock out 30 in 2 days on my new account. I'm starting to feel dirty about it though. I feel like I already screwed my new profile a bit by busting out 30 really easy shitty Plats already. Should I ban myself from playing the super short crappy Plats in the future or give myself some kind of rule of 1 for every 10-20 legit Plats? And should I keep going with that profile or should I just start another one with those limitations in mind? 

I have a few on my account now, some I didn't even realise were going to be super easy to get and some I knew would be super easy, at the end of the day I was curious of what those games were like in person, they are there now and tbh I don't care who sees them, if you personally feel like it's going to affect your enjoyment of that account in any way then restart or set a rule that no more easy plats can happen, if you can live with it and think screw what people think then go have fun!

1 hour ago, InvisibIeBanana said:

Should I ban myself from playing the super short crappy Plats in the future or give myself some kind of rule of 1 for every 10-20 legit Plats?

This is a cute question, asking us all if you need permission to ban yourself.

As if we're your dad. :)

• Like 1

Well if you keep it up you'll be at the top of the leaderboard in about a year give or take, i say go for it.  Of course there are people in prison who are getting more out of life.  It's up to you how you want to spend your days but i have to ask, Do you feel like you accomplished anything over the last few days playing those games?  Play good games man.  They don't have to be super hard just play quality games, hard or easy.  If you want a lot of platinums fast with a little time there are 100's of games you can get a platinum in in a day or two that are very quality games, it just takes a little more effort to find them.  Here are a few examples.....

Modern warfare remastered

Modern warfare 2 remastered

Trover saves the universe

Mark of the ninja Remastered 

South park (both games)

At the end of a year you could have a hundred of these types of games and still enjoy other aspects of life and at least be proud of the fact you played decent games and didn't completely waste your time.  Good luck!

• Like 2

You already wasted time getting the crap plats, I say just keep using that account. Only play games you enjoy going forward. If you enjoy getting the occasional crap plat then get it.

Some elitist might lose respect for you for having crap plats but just remember some random internet persons respect for how you play video games and a few bucks will only buy you a cup of coffee.

I get it, your previous account got hacked and it got removed from this site due to illegally obtained trophies. That sucks.

But it's only this site that removed you.

There are other sites where you can check out stats, details, logs, comparison overviews, etc...

I'd simply still use the forums, the guides and other features of PSNProfiles. But I would not start a new profile just to show up here. It's not worth throwing away so much history because of one mistake.

Hide the games you didn't legally obtain stuff from and use a different site to view your profile. Don't start all over and play games that make you feel bad just to pad your numbers. It's a fresh start, yes, but.. do you really want to?

If you like the popping of fast easy plats, but don't want the effects of playing unfun garbage over and over again and like a little bit more challenge.

then @steel6burgh reaction is the best in this thread.

There are a lot of quality games that also have easy and fast enough list. 

Trover saves the universe is easy enough, doesn't take that long (though longer then 10 minutes) , but in regards to enjoyment it would give you 999999999x more fun then the games you have played now. 

Thanks for all the replies guys. I decided just to start fresh again since it's better to do now than later and have regrets again. I'm just going to ignore all the 'cash grab' Plats going forward and just do games that seem fun that might still be easy (Telltale, etc). I don't mind re-platting some or most of my previous games as I enjoyed them all, some have PS5 enhancements now, and most aren't too long. Plus, I'm not deleting my old account, so if I decide to go back, it'll be there.