Name spelt incorrectly

You

14 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

How is this trophy track spelt G-Daruis and not G-Darius? Seems ok on the other versions, is that just a fault of this website listing it incorrectly?

Data on games is taken directly from the Sony servers once the trophy list goes live, so it'd be the fault of publishers or a mistranslation

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Data on games is taken directly from the Sony servers once the trophy list goes live, so it'd be the fault of publishers or a mistranslation

OUCH!

Imagine originally uploading your game to Sony's servers and accidentally misspelling the name of your own game.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Imagine originally uploading your game to Sony's servers and accidentally misspelling the name of your own game.

Is this the Strictly Limited release? I guess we know their limits now, especially seeing as this game is nearly 25 years old.

2 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

The u is next to the i. We are human, mistakes happen.

Agreed, but on the other hand, you'd think they would have double checked before committing. It's not a bit of a paragraph or phrase in some body of text somewhere, it's the actual title of the product. You only need to look at it once or twice to confirm it's incorrectly written.

Not a big deal really, but also not a good look :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Agreed, but on the other hand, you'd think they would have double checked before committing. It's not a bit of a paragraph or phrase in some body of text somewhere, it's the actual title of the product. You only need to look at it once or twice to confirm it's incorrectly written.

Not a big deal really, but also not a good look :) 

Yeah, we all make mistakes but there is no excuse really in my opinion for spelling the name of your game incorrectly.

We tend to double and triple check things that are important.

Let's also remember that this is a new stack, they spelt it correctly the first time around.

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

Is this the Strictly Limited release? I guess we know their limits now, especially seeing as this game is nearly 25 years old.

Yes its the SLG  version that comes with G Darius. 

Its available digital seperately also

If the problem was only the title name for the trophies. The music is bugged af cracking all the time. No Boss Rush mode. No Beginner mode. No way to rewatch the endings. This game is such a disappointment. As a player from the original I say i wasted my money buying this collection unless they add everything I said with a patch.

5 hours ago, dariodragon7 said:

If the problem was only the title name for the trophies. The music is bugged af cracking all the time. No Boss Rush mode. No Beginner mode. No way to rewatch the endings. This game is such a disappointment. As a player from the original I say i wasted my money buying this collection unless they add everything I said with a patch.

Along with Raystorm I played this a lot back on the PS1. Weird how they could take out boss mode, where the endings rewatchable on the original game.

How is the framerate? I remember it rarely being at 30 fps, usually about 20fps,

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/7/2021 at 0:46 AM, enaysoft said:

Along with Raystorm I played this a lot back on the PS1. Weird how they could take out boss mode, where the endings rewatchable on the original game.

How is the framerate? I remember it rarely being at 30 fps, usually about 20fps,

The framerate is decent in the HD version but even there you have still drops. The sound is horrible cracks all the time and is not fully enjoyable. Very disappointing and what's more disappointing is that there hasn't been a patch to fix the problems

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 09/08/2021 at 6:24 AM, dariodragon7 said:

The framerate is decent in the HD version but even there you have still drops. The sound is horrible cracks all the time and is not fully enjoyable. Very disappointing and what's more disappointing is that there hasn't been a patch to fix the problems

I finally got around to playing this collection. I dunno about the unpatched version but compared to my 25fps suffering from slowdown PAL release which at the time I loved. This version is silky 60fps. And there's even an option in the main menu to stop the slowdown happening even in the arcade version.

On 29/07/2021 at 2:19 AM, dariodragon7 said:

Music is fine to me. No crackling, you can in theory play Boss Rush mode and Beginner mode on the console versions since that version is included.

Thing is, it's a HD version of the arcade game and it never had those features in the first place.

I can't believe you think this is a disappointment. I personally could not be happier. I mean the endings and all the fmv stuff from the console version is in there and you can watch that anytime. And if you are desperate you could have a save slot right before deleting any of the 5 bosses and have your endings stored that way.

For me the only gripe is that no music sound test. That I believe is a sad omission. (There is a soundfx test and not a music test on the console release for some weird reason)

This is a fantastic release, and all the extra info in the borders about boss HP, what creature you captured, the amount of HP that creature still has left.

I am very happy with this game.

I was hoping to get all trophies without using save states but man, 20 million points.... That's a 1 credit clear, and perfectly repelling all the bosses beams as well....Probably gonna have to kill both big fishes on Stage 2 and 4 to get the quad counter and also go for the middle route end boss too.....

Using the D, D, D, D, U, route (arguably the easiest route) me and my friend could 1 CC back in the day, but man, playing in PAL for so long, the game is clearly a victim of NTSC 17.5% slowdown. But the fact you can play with even the arcade game not going into slowdown.

Game feels twice as fast as I remember it and of course with all the slowdown on coop and not playing in NTSC, have been playing it in slomo for too many years....lol, and thus the game feels so much harder than I remember.

But wow this game has a near perfect OST and is likely my fave of the Playstaton 1 era 3D shooters, beating Raystorm and R-Type Delta. I actually thought I preferred Raystorm more but after not playing this game for nearly 20 years, I had forgot how good the game is. Some of the God Of War style over the top boss fights, but involving Robot fish, it's done so well, especially since 3D was still pretty early in 1997.

Being able to capture enemies Galaga style and capturing mini bosses and pulling off Art Of Fighting / Samurai Showdown style super moves, you know, in a shooting game, to perform extra attacks. Very original ideas indeed all around.

Edited by enaysoft