SGRevan

Do decisions really matter?

15 posts in this topic

Heyhey,

I've recently bought this game, and I'm loving it so far due to the excellent voice-acting and the overal atmosphere.

Though, after only playing a few chapters, I'm wondering (for those who finished it).. do decisions actually impact the story?

Thanks~

Edited by SGRevan
Accidental posting too soon

No unfortunately they don't seem to apart from minor changes in dialogue. 

On 30/07/2021 at 7:39 PM, opeth12 said:

No unfortunately they don't seem to apart from minor changes in dialogue. 

Ahh shame. :( Thanks for the reply.

Most the time I’ve made a choice and it’s just said one of the other choices. Pointless really. Glad I didn’t pay full price for this. Slow and slightly boring game in my opinion 

Does anything really matter in this life? I'd say yes, but maybe not relative to this game...

Posted (edited)

There's one decision that matters a great deal...

...whether to play Last Stop.

(Spoiler - for the good ending, you should choose "No")

Edited by DrBloodmoney

This game is hilarious.

Not good, please understand, not in any way good, but the last chapter made me laugh out loud at how moronically stupid it was. Whole thing goes eight ways bananas, I’m still giggling to myself about it now. Definitely finish it if you stopped midway through, it needs to be seen to be believed.

On 7/28/2021 at 0:19 PM, SGRevan said:

excellent voice-acting

Sorry, are we playing the same game? The voice acting is atrocious.

I don't mean to be rude. I've only played the first chapter of each story but I'm not impressed so far.

2 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Sorry, are we playing the same game? The voice acting is atrocious.

I don't mean to be rude. I've only played the first chapter of each story but I'm not impressed so far.

The problem, I think, is that it's all over the place.

There are some lines that are well delivered - even some whole performances that are pretty good - but they tend to be sandwiched between terrible ones, so any good performance gets lost and diluted... and the story really doesn't work tonally.

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

The problem, I think, is that it's all over the place.

There are some lines that are well delivered - even some whole performances that are pretty good - but they tend to be sandwiched between terrible ones, so any good performance gets lost and diluted... and the story really doesn't work tonally.

Yeah I get that. Meena and Donna's first chapters weren't terrible but the voice acting of John and Jack in their first chapter was so wooden and lifeless.

I've just been informed that this game was made by the people who made Virginia, which is a bit disappointing because I loved Virginia.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Yeah I get that. Meena and Donna's first chapters weren't terrible but the voice acting of John and Jack in their first chapter was so wooden and lifeless.

I've just been informed that this game was made by the people who made Virginia, which is a bit disappointing because I loved Virginia.

Me too - I like to think of Last Stop as the Southland Tales to Virginia's Donnie Darko...

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

I've only played the first chapter of each story but I'm not impressed so far.

Oh, you are in for a ride. I got my friend to join me half-way through(via share-screen) and we laughed our asses off at the direction this story took. Meena's story is the only one remotely interesting imo. But even that got thrown into the blender and went apeshit. 

Edited by Akrioz

This game has been entirely worth it just for how hard I laughed at the completely unexpected "Doesn't your willy get pinched?"

Finished it right now and Im in stitches to how weird it gets!

So many dangling plot threads and unanswered question, and the answers you do get are so laughably underwhelming.

Spoiler

You spend literally 95% of the game in some sort of grounded reality, then leave to an alien world for one count 'em ONE action setpiece and then immediately go back!

But I'm glad it did, 'cause now I can recommend it for the wildly absurd romp it becomes instead of the mediocre melodrama is tried to be beforehand.

Well OK, John's story I genuinely liked.