JewishPanCaKe

Patch 2.3.0

13 posts in this topic

Boxtop ability increased duration. 😍🤩 

And 

Multiplayer parties in Solo game modes

• Players will now be able to join solo game modes together in a party, up to 4 per party and battle it out against each other.

Does this mean trophies can be boosted way easier now? 🤔

"Boxtop ability increased duration"

Half of my playtime for this game is trying to get "Instant Service"trophy, the last one i need, with still no luck cause it doesnt register well the hits you do ><

Finally able to get it ? Will give it a go tonight ^^

Thx for the heads up ! ^^

Posted (edited)

This is a huge buff, and it appears most or all characters are getting buffed. All character related trophies will be much easier now. 

As for the solo game mode.. It just sounds like a different name for custom matches which in most games won't count for trophies. Have to wait and see.

2.3.0 patch notes: 

Spoiler

Edited by Riiszk

Posted (edited)

I'll fire it back up again later this week to (hopefully) get the Boxtop trophy.

Edit: redownloaded the game, got the boxtop trophy in the second match, so go get it! 😉

Edited by Sniper_at_w0rk

Was feeling great about this patch until i realised there's no more team modes available. A couple of those character trophies and the wins ones are gonna be much harder now,  or maybe thats just me that almost never wins a solo round. Hoping they add another playlist for team or just change up the modes in the current one. With bots now available there should be no issue.

Gridfall mode doesn't seem to be available either which sucks, but I never even found a match in it when it was available so no idea what it was really like.

Wow... a complete removal of all the team modes (Blitz can't pop you character trophies) meaning No Escape and Flamethrower have basically become impossible short of you getting enough players together in a boosting group, filling every single slot in a match, and then having most players quit to allow those left to get the trophy. 

We can only hope that a patch fixes that down the line too. If those modes aren't going to return then the trophies themselves need to be modified into something that is actually attainable. 

15 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Wow... a complete removal of all the team modes (Blitz can't pop you character trophies) meaning No Escape and Flamethrower have basically become impossible short of you getting enough players together in a boosting group, filling every single slot in a match, and then having most players quit to allow those left to get the trophy. 

We can only hope that a patch fixes that down the line too. If those modes aren't going to return then the trophies themselves need to be modified into something that is actually attainable. 

why can't blitz pop the character trophies?

2 hours ago, Pinselneo said:

why can't blitz pop the character trophies?

They just can't be earned in that mode. The reasoning I assume being it is supposed to be the competitive mode and they want trophy boosters or whatever messing it up.

18 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

They just can't be earned in that mode. The reasoning I assume being it is supposed to be the competitive mode and they want trophy boosters or whatever messing it up.

Do you know where we can write to the support? Maybe they will change the requirements or something else.

2 hours ago, Pinselneo said:

Do you know where we can write to the support? Maybe they will change the requirements or something else.

You can try some form of social media, reddit/twitter/whatever. They do have a site though where you can contact them, that may have more success. They have previously said somewhere they were "looking at it" when it came to these trophy requirements so they may just respond to you with that.

Obviously we can't expect them to mess around with their multiplayer configurations, be it Blitz mode or quickplay. However, they can even if a bit of a hassle with Sony I'm sure, get the trophies changed so the trophies brought in line with the others and are changed to:

Flamethrower
Set 3 AllStars on fire in a single use of Cerberus's breaker in an online match    

No Escape
Wreck 3 opponents with a single use of Barong's Countdown in an online match

Ah sh*t. Checked this forum in the hope that no escape was potentially made easier, now I'm finding out it's been made impossible lmao 🤣 

Lucid Games in the UK....I just messaged them asking to bring back some 8v8 team modes with bots. Hopefully others do the same to help push them in that direction, or they are already planning to do so.

I agree I hope so.  Until then I'm going to hold off playing this/going for the Plat until it's not impossible/frustrating and more do-able.