My Playstation 3 got suspended or banned

ShadowManuX

On 7/31/2021 at 2:51 AM, breakingthegreen said:

Reckon there's a chance some of us got banned and unbanned without us noticing?

100%. They will be the ones that got banned for more than 3 days. It seems to be first time 3 days, then 7 - 14 - 1 month, permanently banned and in some cases account ban. The fact Sony aren't saying anything to me says they know what's going on and can't stop it. Or they are trying to avoid a lawsuit. Either way this whole thing just proves how little they care. 

15 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it was just for money. everything they do with stolen accounts, doesn't actually effect the original account holder. unless a working in date credit/debit card is connected to the account at the time of the cloning process, but even then theese hackers were professionals, not anarchists they wanted cash, not to upset little tommy and rob his mums' bank details. they wanted to print cash reselling full price games half price, most of the time they even had the foresight to delete bank details from the accounts they cloned.

sony probably banned all the ps3s because they couldn't tell which ones were clones, and which were the originals. kept quiet about it, as considering it all stems from their own refusal to upgrade the network properly, (it was just a patched ps2 network, it was never even intended to have a network like that, it only did because MS had one on the 360) but by banning all the accounts, noone who purchased a stolen account will complain to sony, only the genuine account holders would.

Another way of making money is actually getting a legitimate job ?

21 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Another way of making money is actually getting a legitimate job 1f61c.png

BINGO!

You singlehandely solved the entire world's problem of theft/robbery/scam/fraud/embezzlement/etc. Just gotta convince all those criminals that they can always make money with a legit job, easy peasy.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno

1 hour ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

BINGO!

You singlehandely solved the entire world's problem of theft/robbery/scam/fraud/embezzlement/etc. Just gotta convince all those criminals that they can always make money with a legit job easy peasy.

So hacking the Playstation network is equal to the entire world's problem of theft/robbery/scam/fraud/embezzlement/etc? Justify this shit as much as you want but not all criminals are idiots. Am I missing the point that it's easier to get out of the circle of shit by just being a criminal? Maybe it's easier to just give up and believe in some type of god or travel the path of voodoo.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:46 AM, GUDGER666 said:

The fact Sony aren't saying anything to me says they know what's going on and can't stop it

Doesn't help that apparently people are selling PSN bans by using an 'about me exploit'. I don't know how it works, but somehow involves making a dummy account and then reporting other users for their about me, even if it's empty. Then PlayStation ends up banning you for either 7 days or permanently. I just got off my temp ban a couple days ago, while a friend's account got permbanned. I've been trying to find the Instagram that was selling the services, so I can have evidence, but with that said, you'll have a hell of a time finding a Sony support rep who will give a fuck. Supposedly the exploit's been known to Sony for awhile, but they haven't done anything. 

Going back to my post, supposedly accounts like these Vb618Mg.png are selling PSN account bans. So, just as likely they could be doing console bans as well. One of my accounts just got banned for 2 months, and Sony Support will not help you. There's no way to appeal a temporary ban, so good luck to whoever gets targeted. I'm sure, as this exploit gets passed around, thanks to Sony doing nothing about it, trophy hunters like Hakoom, Ike, etc. would be targeted. I don't know what can even be done at this point. 

Guess I should switch on the PS3 and see how the old lady is doing. Rip the bandaid off as it were.

17 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

So hacking the Playstation network is equal to the entire world's problem of theft/robbery/scam/fraud/embezzlement/etc? Justify this shit as much as you want but not all criminals are idiots. Am I missing the point that it's easier to get out of the circle of shit by just being a criminal? Maybe it's easier to just give up and believe in some type of god or travel the path of voodoo.

I believe he intended his post to be mocking the person he quoted, not make a statement on crime rates.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Going back to my post, supposedly accounts like these Vb618Mg.png are selling PSN account bans. So, just as likely they could be doing console bans as well. One of my accounts just got banned for 2 months, and Sony Support will not help you. There's no way to appeal a temporary ban, so good luck to whoever gets targeted. I'm sure, as this exploit gets passed around, thanks to Sony doing nothing about it, trophy hunters like Hakoom, Ike, etc. would be targeted. I don't know what can even be done at this point. 

Here's a good post discussing the issue 

17 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

the most crazy thing of all, wen it first launched ps3 security was nigh on inpenetrable, really good. it used to have a tiny, silly option omewhere in its settings, which would let you install linux or whatever on the PS3 just called "Install Other OS" however it went nowhere, and sony decided to remove it.

thing is they had an inpenetrable system, and by removing that program they basically gave a 16 year old kid everything he needed to split the ps3 wide open. it was entertainment for him, had no way of realising just how screwed he would be.

5 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

the most crazy thing of all, wen it first launched ps3 security was nigh on inpenetrable, really good. it used to have a tiny, silly option omewhere in its settings, which would let you install linux or whatever on the PS3 just called "Install Other OS" however it went nowhere, and sony decided to remove it.

thing is they had an inpenetrable system, and by removing that program they basically gave a 16 year old kid everything he needed to split the ps3 wide open. it was entertainment for him, had no way of realising just how screwed he would be.

My Texas instrument calculator never got used so much until then, The batteries had leaked and needed to be resurrected. Experimenting on my original phat, It was broken anyway so never really used officially.

Xbox online and their Achievements really changed things back in the day, no more cheat discs and suddenly piracy was seen as a bad thing. And let's face it, it would be easier to do your own CFW then buy a stolen account? I don't even understand why people would fall for this. Is it trendy to own a PS3 for non gamers?

• 4 weeks later...