First PS5 Game on this Site to have over 100,000 Owners

cosmic-lugger5

On 7/29/2021 at 5:08 AM, HazyDie said:

Good job! It's also my first platinum and my first game played on this platform. I instantly fell in love with the console, controller and Astro Bot, rather obsessed to be honest. I would definitely play the other Astro Bot games if I had PSVR.

Some people have their memories of playing GTA SA on PS2 and I have my memories of playing this game on PS5. I also played GTA SA of course but only on mobile so far. Even though Astro's Playroom is a short game, it's a very good demo for the controller and they lovely packed the history of the brand in this game.

My favorite trophy is Play Has No Limits!, because it has a PS5 in the icon.

44Lea5821.png

Good job. I hope Sony has this game pre-installed on future PS5 revisions. Also, Team Asobi is working on its next big game, which will be a "3D action game".

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/07/astros_playroom_ps5_dev_team_asobi_staffing_up_for_its_next_game

Edited by cosmic-lugger5
  • Like 3

It’s a fantastic game - it would certainly have a big player base anyway, given the nature of it as a tech demo and a free pre-install, but that doesn’t do justice to just how far beyond the call of duty Team Asobi went with it - turning it into simultaneously a great demo kiosk, a fun platform game, and a curated museum of Playstation history.

Most free pack in’s have a huge player base, but not as many end up with such a high completion rate - and that is only as a result of it being as good as it is?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It don't surprise me one bit that it is the first, sure it comes pre installed on PS5, but people still have to play it and sync their trophies here for it to count.

I thought it was a great game and really showcased the Dualsense great. Before I knew of this I had planned to make Miles Morales my first PS5 platinum, but when this was announced and seen it had a platinum trophy I changed my mind.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I only got my PS5 on Thursday, one of very few PS5's in the UK now.  Its a great game, Astro reminds me of Wall-E's girlfriend, Eve.   It is a great homage to the Playstation and its history, love hearing the startups, especially the nostalgic PS1 one.  Interesting idea to showcase I guess a next generation version of Sixaxis, which I never used the controller that way I always have used the analogue sticks, I find it easier to control that way.  The 4D aspect of feeling rain on Astro and hearing stuff come out of the microphone, is quite funny and interesting.   An Easy Platinum, but those Speedruns are going to take a while, I am not a fan of doing those kinds of trophies.

• Like 1

On 31.07.2021 at 7:21 PM, KondeBra said:

10mi PS5 sold. 100k players on this site. 1% of PS5 players are here.

THIS. 

This shows how tiny trophy hunter group is. People often forget on this site we aren't the majority ;)

Astro is such a great game, everyone should play it, it's so rare for such tech demos to be that good. I really hope their next game is just more of the same

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am genuinely impressed this game has such a high completion percentage, almost 100x the PSNP members who completed PS4's Playroom.  Maybe a disproportionate of us hunted down a launch-time PS5?  There's little chance to 100% this game without a walk-through, which normally isn't the fancy of casuals.  Or I'm just an f'n idiot.

EDIT: Missed a decimal on PS4 vs PS5....

Edited by pogo_loco
  • Like 1