[Beta] PS5 Software Update 2.0-04.00.00 (Vertical Trophy Lists Are Back!!!)

Maxie_M0us3

11 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

SSD manufacturers have been notorious over the last 5 years for continually changing the chips (and thus performance) on their SSDs without changing their model numbers. Very curious how the performance turns out as PCle 4.0 M.2 SSDs are ~$150 for 1 Tb and I suspect eventually Sony engineers will want to run speed tests on drives or I think peoples experiences are going to be all over the place.

Not looking forward to all the "Sony shouldn't try new things! They should have just duplicated whatever we had on PS4, but faster!" Even though people constantly also complain that nothing is ever really new.

Sony will eventually get this OS to a much more polished and usable form, but clearly it's going to take some time.

They posted minimum requirements here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5-install-m2-ssd/#min

While there are some really slow M2 drives out there, I don't think it's going to be such a huge issue at least for slightly tech-savvy people.

3 minutes ago, HusKy said:

They posted minimum requirements here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5-install-m2-ssd/#min

While there are some really slow M2 drives out there, I don't think it's going to be such a huge issue at least for slightly tech-savvy people.

The problem is that tech-savvy people are/have been getting tricked by an SSD manufacturer who puts out a drive with a model number with one set of spec that makes the review rounds, and then a few months later, changes chips (and this performance) to the same model SSD so that when someone purchases a model thinking they're getting the performance of the drive in a review they read, they do not.

25 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The problem is that tech-savvy people are/have been getting tricked by an SSD manufacturer who puts out a drive with a model number with one set of spec that makes the review rounds, and then a few months later, changes chips (and this performance) to the same model SSD so that when someone purchases a model thinking they're getting the performance of the drive in a review they read, they do not.

I hope they add some sort of speed test in PS5 OS, that would be pretty nifty.

• Like 1

The one thing that isn't stated here that I read elsewhere is that you can now choose between 720p or 1080p when streaming PS Now games. 

How do you guys feel about Trophy list going back to vertical again? I liked it horizontal except the fact that you couldn't view all the trophy information on the trophy card unless you actually looked at the trophy individually. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

PS5 System Software Beta will bring more enhancements including trophy tracking, etc.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/07/29/ps5-system-software-beta-enables-ssd-storage-expansion-bay/

I'm sure there are more articles on the web that you can read regarding the new enhancements coming soon.

28 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

PS5 System Software Beta will bring more enhancements including trophy tracking, etc.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/07/29/ps5-system-software-beta-enables-ssd-storage-expansion-bay/

I'm sure there are more articles on the web that you can read regarding the new enhancements coming soon.

Found a video here showing some of the new features, I love the new labelling of the games between PS4 and PS5. PS4 label is black and PS5 label is in white. 

If anyone here has this beta update could you show pictures of how the trophies are now vertical or a video maybe?  

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
  • Like 2

Has anyone here got into the beta yet? Are they sending out codes for the beta? 

I am glad the trophies will be vertical. Like they should have been. Now if they would give us sorting options and allow us to see our list in alphabetical order. 

39 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Has anyone here got into the beta yet? Are they sending out codes for the beta? 

I am glad the trophies will be vertical. Like they should have been. Now if they would give us sorting options and allow us to see our list in alphabetical order. 

My email arrived 2 hours ago. It was in junk mail, the subject was: Porta, join the PlayStation 5 System Software Public Beta

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

My email arrived 2 hours ago. It was in junk mail, the subject was: Porta, join the PlayStation 5 System Software Public Beta

If its not too much to ask, could you post a picture here of what the trophies look like vertical on PS5? I'm curious to see what it's like. 

• Like 1