Should i go for this platinum?

So i'd like to platinum this game because it's free with ps plus. Most of the trophies are singleplayer based i like that. The game looks fun, but i heard some mixed feelings about this game. Is the singleplayer fun? Im not planning on playing a lot of multiplayer in this game. Just playing the multiplayer for the trophies

• Like 2

I saw that its alot more grindy then the first two, like a ridiculous grind like 100+ hours since they nerfed the xp gain from singleplayer content. Its a shame because I really enjoyed the first two games especially the first game. 

Edited by ShadowSigmaX
  • Like 1

The game is fun to play, but the problem is the leveling requirements. You basically need to prestige 20 characters 5 times. It's a long and frankly miserable grind that I got through watching Hulu on my laptop. Outside of that, the game and trophy list are great.

You can also grind in the single-player zones, and it is actually faster unless you are really good at MP. But you're looking at about 40 hours of pure grind after doing everything else.

• Like 1

I bought this game when it first came out and I really had a lot of fun with the Single Player Campaign. To each their own, of course, but running around Neighborville as a plant in 3rd person mode is just super chill. ? The towns/areas are very colorful and there's lots of collectables and places to explore. If I got bored of a gameplay style I would just switch to another Plant or Zombie :dunno: Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

Since most of you guys are pretty positive about the singleplayer i'll give it a go. I have never really played any other pvz games so i have nothing to compare with so i'll hate things less fast. I don't really mind the grind so i thing i'll be fine. Thanks guys for the quick responds <3

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jelkeh11 said:

Since most of you guys are pretty positive about the singleplayer i'll give it a go. I have never really played any other pvz games so i have nothing to compare with so i'll hate things less fast. I don't really mind the grind so i thing i'll be fine. Thanks guys for the quick responds <3

Let us know which Plant/Zombie you find to be your favorite :lol: I'm a Sunflower dude! ? Corn is rad too! ?

23 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

unless you do the exploit which is like 30 hours of grinding

Is that the TTS trick using the Accessibility menu? My understanding was it was closer to 10 hours (which is still a massive ball ache).

8 minutes ago, tranquility101 said:

Let us know which Plant/Zombie you find to be your favorite :lol: I'm a Sunflower dude! 1f33b.png Corn is rad too! 1f37f.png

I'll find out on tuesday

Just now, Helyx said:

Is that the TTS trick using the Accessibility menu? My understanding was it was closer to 10 hours (which is still a massive ball ache).

That would still be a massive time saver

One of my most favorite games of all time.  Plat took me 150 hours without exploits, but we've got over 400 hours in now.  The multiplayer is an Overwatch clone, but it's done very well and I love the characters and maps.  The single player levels are great and very fateful to the plants vs zombies universe with their humor and creativity.  Also, everything can be played in local splitscreen which is relatively uncommon for shooters like this.

The main problem with the character grind is that you have to play with EVERY character and they have to each be levelled up A LOT.  They also limit you to a certain number of XP you can buy everyday with your coins.  I would definitely not recommend trying the plat grind in single player only because the XP is so limited, but custom games with bots on the max difficulty give the same as online matches I believe.  Expect 5 hours minimum grind for each of the 20 characters and some are far worse than the others.  They still have (shitty) exploits for the zombies, but I don't think there's a working exploit for the plants.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Helyx said:

It felt like ages. But yeah, I think the grinding would be 10ish hours, but you have to do everything else still, so that's where I got 30 hours from. 

The single player content is pretty bad as well imo. Not worth anyone's time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

It felt like ages. But yeah, I think the grinding would be 10ish hours, but you have to do everything else still, so that's where I got 30 hours from. 

The single player content is pretty bad as well imo. Not worth anyone's time. 

That's really unfortunate, but thanks for the information. I guess we know why it was abandoned and also why it's part of PS+. It's a shame, because I really enjoyed GW2 (minus the time-walled rotating content).

1 hour ago, jelkeh11 said:

So i'd like to platinum this game because it's free with ps plus. Most of the trophies are singleplayer based i like that. The game looks fun, but i heard some mixed feelings about this game. Is the singleplayer fun? Im not planning on playing a lot of multiplayer in this game. Just playing the multiplayer for the trophies

easy plat but reaching rank max with all characters suck you lvl up in single player but its faster in multiplayer 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Little late to the party but if I can give my opinion on this game I'd say stay away from it. The game is boring, incredibly cringy (maybe because it's a game for children) and EA has already said a while ago they aren't supporting the game anymore. The trophies are all pretty doable, although they take some time. But the toughest and most time consuming trophy is the "Time to Seriously Go Outside" trophy which requires you to get 20 characters to master rank.

It takes around 20 to 30 private matches per character to get to master rank so that means around 400 to 600 private matches for 20 characters. I already finished the game's story (if you can call that a story at least......) and online is pretty much dead and filled with bots so yeah, only way to do it is private matches I guess. I've only gotten 3 characters to master rank now, and I easily have over 50 hours in this game already.

If you really like the game and are willing to ignore the massive grind then I'd say go for it. Otherwise stay away from the game. It's not as fun as the Garden Warfare games, the story is almost nonexistent and the cringe in this game is enormous.....

Sidenote: There's a topic on this website (linked it down below) discussing wether it's possible to complete the entire game in under 10 hours. I don't know how people did it but it's not possible if you're playing the game legit. The story alone will probably take you around 3 hours (if you rush through it) let alone getting 20 characters on master rank in the remaining 7 hours. Again, it's imposible.

Edited by its_ArchroniX

• 2 weeks later...
On 11-5-2022 at 9:24 AM, its_ArchroniX said:

Little late to the party but if I can give my opinion on this game I'd say stay away from it. The game is boring, incredibly cringy (maybe because it's a game for children) and EA has already said a while ago they aren't supporting the game anymore. The trophies are all pretty doable, although they take some time. But the toughest and most time consuming trophy is the "Time to Seriously Go Outside" trophy which requires you to get 20 characters to master rank.

It takes around 20 to 30 private matches per character to get to master rank so that means around 400 to 600 private matches for 20 characters. I already finished the game's story (if you can call that a story at least......) and online is pretty much dead and filled with bots so yeah, only way to do it is private matches I guess. I've only gotten 3 characters to master rank now, and I easily have over 50 hours in this game already.

If you really like the game and are willing to ignore the massive grind then I'd say go for it. Otherwise stay away from the game. It's not as fun as the Garden Warfare games, the story is almost nonexistent and the cringe in this game is enormous.....

Sidenote: There's a topic on this website (linked it down below) discussing wether it's possible to complete the entire game in under 10 hours. I don't know how people did it but it's not possible if you're playing the game legit. The story alone will probably take you around 3 hours (if you rush through it) let alone getting 20 characters on master rank in the remaining 7 hours. Again, it's imposible.

hey, sorry for the late response. i already platinumed the game. it wasn't a very fun or good game in my opinion, but i had fun doing the xp exploits to get the platinum. i've spent 40 hours in the game, because i didn't really go through it really fast and also helped other with the xp. if you find people that only want to boost you, you can get the platinum in like 20 hours pretty easily

15 hours ago, jelkeh11 said:

hey, sorry for the late response. i already platinumed the game. it wasn't a very fun or good game in my opinion, but i had fun doing the xp exploits to get the platinum. i've spent 40 hours in the game, because i didn't really go through it really fast and also helped other with the xp. if you find people that only want to boost you, you can get the platinum in like 20 hours pretty easily

Yeah, I'm not enjoying it either. I just put on some loud music and play the game mindlesly about 2 to 3 hours of private matches to level up. I hate it. But I want to finish this game so I never have to play it again.

Currently have 5 out of 20 characters at master rank and already have over 20 hours in doing that alone. Do the math to see how much more time I need for the remaining 15 characters....... ?

7 hours ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Yeah, I'm not enjoying it either. I just put on some loud music and play the game mindlesly about 2 to 3 hours of private matches to level up. I hate it. But I want to finish this game so I never have to play it again.

Currently have 5 out of 20 characters at master rank and already have over 20 hours in doing that alone. Do the math to see how much more time I need for the remaining 15 characters....... 1f62d.png

you could try using the method that is explained in the video in this thread. way faster than grinding private matches