Platinum Difficulty and Duration

Eskolastiko

@IGUnique good overview regarding difficulty. I don't know exactly about the challenges, but apparently the expert AI is very though ( 0-40 behind challenge). It's recommended to restart until you play a female pro, which even then it's still hard do to. 

For career, you have to play a male AND a female character. Because otherwise it's not possible to buy all equipment ( man cannot buy womens equipment and vice versa). Career will take the most out of your time, if you can beat the challenges of course.

Edited by NTGSruler

2 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

@IGUnique good overview regarding difficulty. I don't know exactly about the challenges, but apparently the expert AI is very though ( 0-40 behind challenge). It's recommended to restart until you play a female pro, which even then it's still hard do to. 

For career, you have to play a male AND a female character. Because otherwise it's not possible to buy all equipment ( man cannot buy womens equipment and vice versa). Career will take the most out of your time, if you can beat the challenges of course.

I can give some more insight on this, I did get 100% in game but no trophy..... just my luck. 
the 0-40 expert is really doable if u master the drop shot, works like a charm. I actually did it against federer so don't go skipping for female characters, slow big guys worked better for me.

Challenge 6 and 8 are also a pain in the ass. I did try challenge 10 but coudn't do it, so I did it with nadal in the school but perhaps I just need to beat it on career. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NTGSruler said:

So overall: what difficulty rating would you give the challenges?

And hopefully do you get the trophy because that's a shame !

well the 0/40 was like a 4 or 5/10. 
6 and 8 are just annoying but you will get it eventually. 

10 is harder dan the 0/40 one for me. The timing suddenly feels very weird and the "too soon" "too late" box seems increased compared to a way smaller perfect and good timing thus making it hard. I did it with Nadal after like 30 minutes of trying but my lvl 20 career man is not gonna do it for me. I will lvl up to 30 first and then start trying it again. I think that one might be 6 or 7/10. Good thing is that the challenges are really short, it just takes a few minutes at tops. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

So overall: what difficulty rating would you give the challenges?

And hopefully do you get the trophy because that's a shame !

Okay THANK GOD! The bar was showing 100%, but trophy just not popping. I replayed some challenges and went working on getting lvl 30. Replaying other challenges and improving the grade didn't do anything but I did the sprinting training again and that made it pop!!!!!

• Like 1

I loved Super Tennis in the 90*s on my SNES and really adored all Virtua Tennis and Top Spin games in the past. These were sooo so good and fun. I really looked forward to all those recent Tennis games in the last couple of years but none of these are any good to be honest. At least compared to the standard Top Spin set in the past. I played this new game for a few hours on a side account to avoid getting trophies and it definitely has some nice ideas but all in all it feels incomplete to me. Same with the first one which really wasn't good at all.

Nonehteless best of luck to all of you with the platinum :-) 

Edited by DavySuicide

2 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

I noticed that challenge 10 is not easy. How are you enjoying the game so far?

Uhm, idk to be honest with you. It has a really steep learning curve, after that I do like the gameplay. I just think they made the trophy list a little bit to grindy. I do get the lvl 30 but the "buy every item" is just pure frustration, why do you also need to do this as a female....

If it was not for this trophy I would rate the game higher. It has a bit of the issues all sports games (if you mostly play offline) have. Once you know the tricks in the book it gets boring rather fast. Combine that with the grind and it will get tedious rather fast. Gameplay on itself I do like, but since you will mostly play carreer and your player will feel a bit slow and bad you miss out on the top gameplay. 

47 minutes ago, IGUnique said:

Uhm, idk to be honest with you. It has a really steep learning curve, after that I do like the gameplay. I just think they made the trophy list a little bit to grindy. I do get the lvl 30 but the "buy every item" is just pure frustration, why do you also need to do this as a female....

If it was not for this trophy I would rate the game higher. It has a bit of the issues all sports games (if you mostly play offline) have. Once you know the tricks in the book it gets boring rather fast. Combine that with the grind and it will get tedious rather fast. Gameplay on itself I do like, but since you will mostly play carreer and your player will feel a bit slow and bad you miss out on the top gameplay. 

I'll play this game in between other games to chill out. It's just a case of learning to hit the ball perfect. Just happy that it's mostly offline. My last tennis game was Top Spin 4 which was much better than this game. But i was never able to win a tournament and earn the platinum for that game. 

Hopefully i can get this one. 

18 minutes ago, NTGSruler said:

I'll play this game in between other games to chill out. It's just a case of learning to hit the ball perfect. Just happy that it's mostly offline. My last tennis game was Top Spin 4 which was much better than this game. But i was never able to win a tournament and earn the platinum for that game. 

My last tennis game was also top spin 4 and that game was so amazing. I did play it on 360 tho never had a ps3 and didn't bother about trophy's back in the day. U will get this one if u just try long enough and spend enough time at it. I'm almost lvl 30 with the male's and then just the females. I only hope that you don't have to buy the rackets for both sexes cause that would make the game another 10 hours of coin grinding longer. 

I agree that challenge 10 is the hardest thing in the game. The description is not entirely correct for this challenge though (atleast for me). It says "more than 3 too soon or too late shots will fail the challenge". You will actually only fail this challenge if you do 2 things:

- Opponent hits a winner while having 3 or more of these shots (3/3 or higher in the top corner) 

- Win a point with a too early or too late shot while having 3 or more of these shots (3/3 or higher in the top corner)

I finished the challenge with 4/3 and completed the challenge. Then I tried it a few times more. Worked every time, one time I got over 10/3.

The challenge is still hard, but you can afford a lot of mistakes.

Edit: Of course losing 2 games will also lose you the challenge.

4 hours ago, IGUnique said:

Okay THANK GOD! The bar was showing 100%, but trophy just not popping. I replayed some challenges and went working on getting lvl 30. Replaying other challenges and improving the grade didn't do anything but I did the sprinting training again and that made it pop!!!!!

This worked for me, I only replayed the sprint challenge.

Edited by Beatminaz
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

Its scary to think topspin 4 was 10 years ago and its twice as good as any of the current tennis games . Why couldnt they just remaster topspin 4 with some better graphics and re release it to ps4 and xb1

I'm getting destroyed in Career mode in normal difficulty. Very easy difficulty is manageable so far. AO tennis 2 was  a cakewalk compared to this. Any tips on how to direct your shots to the corners of the court without  blasting it out ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheQuisling said:

Trying NOT to be that guy (probably ending up as such regardless) but TWT2 really does rely solely on anticipatory skill and sadly that can only be achieved with practice. On the harder difficulties you will rarely lose the point in one shot but much like in real tennis, you will be slowly pulled out of position shot by shot with little time to get to the ball, thus returning it with less power and direction each time etc. A few tips:

• You NEED to be closing in on the position where the ball is going to land as soon as the opponent hits their shot and holding down, not just the button for your shot, also the direction you want the ball to go the moment you enter the hit box where the ball is going to land and your player can begin his/her shot motion. Learn these hit boxes as quickly as possible. At first you will believe you are within range (ball landing) and holding the direction for your shot and the player inevitably runs away. Stick with it! Quicker you are in position > less time you have to hold for the requisite power > less chance of you hitting the ball out of play.
  • The drop shot is a game changer in TWT2. If the opponent gives you a 'freebie' return with little to nothing on the ball, set it up, learn the timing/angles and drop shot them into an opposite corner from where they are on court. DO NOT assume the point is over regardless of how good the drop shot is! Always believe they will return it so make sure you instantly follow up the shot by rushing the net and trying to cover the most logical angle from where the ball and opponent ends up.
  • Variety. Do not just hit the same shot back and forth with the AI (regardless of difficulty.) You can draw them into an error by varying your shots so they are unable to get into a rhythm. On lower difficulties this will make the AI miss over half the time. On higher difficulties, it means longer rallies and even though you receive less 'free' points via unforced errors, it is perhaps even MORE important to vary your flat/slice/topspin shots because if the AI does 'settle' into a rhythm, it can become a 'slow death'....
  • In career NEVER start a 4 or 5 star tournament with more than 22% fatigue. I got injured at the semi or final stage nearly every time and even when i didn't, the fatigue was at 75% or higher afterwards requiring about 3 cycles of rest which will kill any hopes of your 'Five Stars at Freddys' :gold: attempts (win all Grand Slam's and the season ending championship in the same year.) Yet the wider point is fatigue will ruin your player even further so rest and don't start tournaments with more than single digit fatigue.
  • Finally each player has their own distinctive styles. If you do not follow tennis in real life and do not know strengths/weaknesses. then watch and learn the hard way. Try to see how you lost the point (rather than focusing on the fact you did lose it!) If you are playing a John Isner? Make sure your starting position to return his Dragonball Z esque serve is further back than everyone else and ALWAYS slice it back to give you ample time to get back into a decent court position. With someone whom has cardio for days Daniil Medvedev esque? Try to keep the points as short as physically possible. Slice into opposite corner > net rush > drop shot volley (if possible.) With a 'Baby Fed' Grigor Dimitrov type superhero shot maker? VARIETY once more and do not allow him time to pick out the next bullet etc.

I hope any of these may help (even a little.) Given the necessary practice you will adapt and find yourself in the correct spots earlier and earlier, allowing you to impart more spin, power and direction on the ball. TWT2 is more about prevention than repair. Be there early and dictate the point! Best of luck. 1f3be.png1f44a.png

Very good advice. Something to think about when i'll start playing my career. In fact this reflects real life tennis. 

• Like 1

On 6.8.2021 at 8:27 PM, IGUnique said:

Thanks to you, I figured out that you don't even have to complete challenge #10 for the trophy. After getting frustrated by this challenge, I just did sprint training again and after completing it, the trophy popped.

I don't have a grade next to #10, didn't successfully complete it in careermode and only have 95% at the school but just got the trophy. 

I don't know if I've done anything special what might triggered this to happen, but if someone struggles with challenge#10, you might wanna give it a try.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 6:53 PM, FocusDR said:

I know it’s a PS Plus game but I’m still surprised it’s got 2.1k players on here 

Yes, I remember people complaining saying that every tennis fan had purchased the game already so no one was going to try it. While I'm agree that is not a game that most of players are delighted to see in IGC it enters in the novelty category hence almost 3k players atm.