Platinum Difficulty and Duration

Eskolastiko

1 hour ago, XMorv said:

Thanks to you, I figured out that you don't even have to complete challenge #10 for the trophy. After getting frustrated by this challenge, I just did sprint training again and after completing it, the trophy popped.

I don't have a grade next to #10, didn't successfully complete it in careermode and only have 95% at the school but just got the trophy. 

I don't know if I've done anything special what might triggered this to happen, but if someone struggles with challenge#10, you might wanna give it a try.

Good find. I'll try it when i get there. 

I don't know whether I'm just trash at this game or what but I find it very hard to hold my serve even on very easy/easy because the AI seems to become some sort of Tennis god and never miss a shot yet when they are on Serve it's easy to break them and very rare I don't break their serve. The difficulty seems to jump up and down massively.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

I don't know whether I'm just trash at this game or what but I find it very hard to hold my serve even on very easy/easy because the AI seems to become some sort of Tennis god and never miss a shot yet when they are on Serve it's easy to break them and very rare I don't break their serve. The difficulty seems to jump up and down massively.

The one aspect of Top Spin that they actually copied, smh...

It was always easier to win return games than hold serve in that game. It's bad enough that the game doesn't let you serve aces, but you don't get any free points on serve. If the computer gets a racket on the return, it's coming back at you into one of the corners and with pace. Doesn't matter if you serve 150mph, they'll take a full cut at the ball. Idk if the developers thought the game would be too boring if you don't get to rally every point, but they over-corrected and made the returns OP. A good return should not be a more lethal shot than a good serve.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Noticed this when I started last night as well, pretty stupid way of programming the AI but I got used to it after a couple matches once I knew what to expect

6 hours ago, IGUnique said:

I could try to do it. Still have the "get all items" left, but did the other ones. Have no experience writing a guide tho.

I have never done a guide so I won't be able to help you out but you can always look at other guides and pick up ideas you want to implement. You can also asks questions to people that have done guides before ?

7 hours ago, IGUnique said:

I could try to do it. Still have the "get all items" left, but did the other ones. Have no experience writing a guide tho.

I haven't got all trophies yet but I only need 3 more. I know how all trophies work except for 'Eurover the moon' it says earn 50k coins in career mode. I have got more than 100k and still no trophy. Does bonus coins count for the trophy? If not that might be the answer. Maybe it might be glitchy as well, who knows...

Anyway, if u want I can help you writing the guide, providing some videos or something. I have no experience also on writing guides but I'd like to do it on this one because I really love the game.

4 hours ago, Francisco200400 said:

I haven't got all trophies yet but I only need 3 more. I know how all trophies work except for 'Eurover the moon' it says earn 50k coins in career mode. I have got more than 100k and still no trophy. Does bonus coins count for the trophy? If not that might be the answer. Maybe it might be glitchy as well, who knows...

Anyway, if u want I can help you writing the guide, providing some videos or something. I have no experience also on writing guides but I'd like to do it on this one because I really love the game.

No bonus coins dont count for this, It's only the prize money. U will most likely get this by doing the 4 Grand slams and the ATP finals in 1 year. Those 5 combined are +-40.000 coins from the top of my head. Then just keep winning the 1 star cups for lvl-up. If you do to many charity cups you might miss out on this one until you start the 2nd career with the female player.

Edited by IGUnique
  • Like 1

I couldn't win a single game online! Even when I'm winning players will leave and let me play against AI which I barely could hit one score! The game is so weird that after winning two sets your player will keep making mistakes to make the match competitive. 

20 minutes ago, AL-Mesk said:

I couldn't win a single game online! Even when I'm winning players will leave and let me play against AI which I barely could hit one score! The game is so weird that after winning two sets your player will keep making mistakes to make the match competitive. 

Just got the trophy on my first try at Online leagues! Don't play Exhibitions people will leave. A happy bonus was getting "Court Jester" at the same time! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IGUnique said:

No bonus coins dont count for this, It's only the prize money. U will most likely get this by doing the 4 Grand slams and the ATP finals in 1 year. Those 5 combined are +-40.000 coins from the top of my head. Then just keep winning the 1 star cups for lvl-up. If you do to many charity cups you might miss out on this one until you start the 2nd career with the female player.

Yeah I was thinking that probably that was the answer. Actually I already got the trophy, you were right. I just needed to play a few more matches and the trophy popped so yeah bonus coins do not count for the trophy! 

If you are interested on writing the guide tell me and I can help you, I'd like to do it as well. If not then thanks for your answer! 

6 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Also I've tried playing online a couple of times yet the game keeps telling me I'm not signed into Playstation network when I clearly am, is anybody else getting this problem or just me?

Never Mind I finally got online to work today at my dad's but my god it's filled with so much lag it's unbearbale even when you've got good ping. I've won 4 matches so far and once I get promoted I'm never touching online again because it's a train wreck.

1 hour ago, Francisco200400 said:

Yeah I was thinking that probably that was the answer. Actually I already got the trophy, you were right. I just needed to play a few more matches and the trophy popped so yeah bonus coins do not count for the trophy! 

If you are interested on writing the guide tell me and I can help you, I'd like to do it as well. If not then thanks for your answer! 

I I'll start working on it tonight, might Just post it here and improve with all your help and feedback ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Never Mind I finally got online to work today at my dad's but my god it's filled with so much lag it's unbearbale even when you've got good ping. I've won 4 matches so far and once I get promoted I'm never touching online again because it's a train wreck.

Just what i thought! ? Online is a lag fest. Glad i'm done with the online.

@IGUnique: looking forward to the guide, thank you! ?

11 hours ago, IGUnique said:

so CYGS+ YEC/WTF and Charity Events in between?

Don't want to target 5 star cups till I am max leveled.

On 8/8/2021 at 11:16 AM, Bluefalcon2210 said:

On the Deuce Court, I serve to the tee/ Righty Backhand. On the AD Side, serve wide to Righty Backhand.

Use Topspin serve/O button. Slower, it gives me time to react.   

2 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Out of the 7 online matches I played the 2 that actually had a smooth connection were pretty fun, shame the rest were so laggy

1 hour ago, Kishnabe said:

so CYGS+ YEC/WTF and Charity Events in between?

Don't want to target 5 star cups till I am max leveled.

Fastest way to level is to do the 1 star cups. They give you around 2500 xp for 4 matches 1 game. Then when you have the option go play charity events.
I would not wait for you to get maxed to do the grand slams, you might as well do as many of them as you can. You will need the coins, you need A LOT of those. 

On 8/9/2021 at 0:02 PM, IGUnique said:

I I'll start working on it tonight, might Just post it here and improve with all your help and feedback 1f601.png

I authored the one over on Neoseeker. I'm sure I left some things out here and there but I don't have much guide writing experience either, haha. So no pressure! Won't link it as I'm not sure of the advertising outside guides rules, but wanted to say I'm looking forward to the guide you (and the community) comes up with to compare notes with! Always love seeing communities work together on these sorts of things. :)

4 hours ago, ChadsSegaGENESIS said:

I authored the one over on Neoseeker. I'm sure I left some things out here and there but I don't have much guide writing experience either, haha. So no pressure! Won't link it as I'm not sure of the advertising outside guides rules, but wanted to say I'm looking forward to the guide you (and the community) comes up with to compare notes with! Always love seeing communities work together on these sorts of things. :)

Thanks! the guide is done in my poor English, working with some great guy from the community right now to make it a better read. I hope to publish it today. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IGUnique said:

Thanks! the guide is done in my poor English, working with some great guy from the community right now to make it a better read. I hope to publish it today. 

Fantastic! Looking forward to see and use the guide! ? 

Very happy this game came with PS+. Doubted many times to buy this game or not. 

It's good that so many people here tried the game.

Edited by NTGSruler