Platinum Difficulty and Duration

Eskolastiko

1 hour ago, MyEyesHurts said:

Somebody wrote here that it is best to change the settings in the career to play as fast as you can. How can it be done? Maybe I misunderstood, but is it possible to change for example the duration of the set to 1 game? 

If you started the career already you can only switch the game/tournament length at the end of the year. When transitioning to the next year you get asked what kind of setting you want Futures, Challengers, etc. and you can also enable or disable skill cards.

I don't think there is another possibility to change while already in a career year.

1 hour ago, MyEyesHurts said:

Somebody wrote here that it is best to change the settings in the career to play as fast as you can. How can it be done? Maybe I misunderstood, but is it possible to change for example the duration of the set to 1 game? 

The game has 4 different settings for career mode. It is recommended to pick the "Futures" setting to get the shortest possible career. 1 star tournaments will be 1 set 1 game. 2-star and 3-star tournaments will be 1 set 3 games. 4-star and 5-star tournaments will be 2 sets 3 games. 6-star tournaments will be 2 sets 6 games. 

You can change the settings at the start of a new year in career mode like to_obii pointed out. 

• Like 2

I just played the most EPIC match ever! I win two sets then he came back 2-2 then becomes 3-3 !! after that point by point he scored 5-0 then I come back and ended 6-10! 
My man KONGTHEKiNG87 Salute to you! you made me love the game! ?

Edited by AL-Mesk
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, AL-Mesk said:

I just played the most EPIC match ever! I win two sets then he came back 2-2 then becomes 3-3 !! after that point by point he scored 5-0 then I come back and ended 6-10! 
My man KONGTHEKiNG87 Salute to you! you made me love the game! ?

I just upload the video if you are interested to watch the match! Sadly The PS4 video recording missed the last few minutes. 

5 hours ago, IGUnique said:

The game has 4 different settings for career mode. It is recommended to pick the "Futures" setting to get the shortest possible career. 1 star tournaments will be 1 set 1 game. 2-star and 3-star tournaments will be 1 set 3 games. 4-star and 5-star tournaments will be 2 sets 3 games. 6-star tournaments will be 2 sets 6 games. 

You can change the settings at the start of a new year in career mode like to_obii pointed out. 

And which tournaments (in your opinion) offer the best value if we take into account both the EXP and of course time? 

43 minutes ago, MyEyesHurts said:

And which tournaments (in your opinion) offer the best value if we take into account both the EXP and of course time? 

1-star tournaments will take about 5 minutes to complete and offer a nice +-2500 EXP. 

3-star tournaments will take somewhere between 10-15 minutes and offer +- 4000 EXP.

5-star tournaments will take somewhere between 45-60 minutes and offer +- 8000 - 10.000 EXP.

Charity tournaments will take somewhere between 10-15 and offer +- 8000 - 10.000 EXP.

By far the fastest way is to play 1-stars once you have completed all the other trophies related to career mode and play charity tournaments when they pop up. You could also rest until a charity tournament pops up, but I will leave that up to you. 

• Like 1

Just completed the challenges, because you don't have to actually beat challenge 10 I felt 6 and 8 were by far the hardest, 8 took me about 2 hours. I found the targets for top spin shots were really annoying to hit because it was tricky to hit the shot short enough in the court even if you stand really far back and hold the analog down the entire time.

Also to me it seems like they got the difficulties the wrong way around because the AI on hard are far more difficult than on expert, challenge 5 felt very easy compared to 9 and 10, they hit every shot so fast and I was mistiming so many more shots than I normally do so I'm glad I could skip 10

Edited by MD_91
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Just completed the challenges, because you don't have to actually beat challenge 10 I felt 6 and 8 were by far the hardest, 8 took me about 2 hours. I found the targets for top spin shots were really annoying to hit because it was tricky to hit the shot short enough in the court even if you stand really far back and hold the analog down the entire time.

Also to me it seems like they got the difficulties the wrong way around because the AI on hard are far more difficult than on expert, challenge 5 felt very easy compared to 9 and 10, they hit every shot so fast and I was mistiming so many more shots than I normally do so I'm glad I could skip 10

Can you tell me how this glitch works?

2 hours ago, IGUnique said:

Can you tell me how this glitch works?

On 8.8.2021 at 2:49 PM, XMorv said:

Thanks to you, I figured out that you don't even have to complete challenge #10 for the trophy. After getting frustrated by this challenge, I just did sprint training again and after completing it, the trophy popped.

I don't have a grade next to #10, didn't successfully complete it in careermode and only have 95% at the school but just got the trophy. 

I don't know if I've done anything special what might triggered this to happen, but if someone struggles with challenge#10, you might wanna give it a try.

Like I said, once you unlocked the last challenge in the school(and maybe failed it at least once?) you can just complete the Sprint Exercise again and you should get the trophy.

Also just found this: 

Thought i was the first one here to stumble upon this but clearly I'm not.

So maybe it's not specificly the sprint exercise but maybe other practice stuff too, but i can't confirm on anything but the sprint exercise.

Edited by XMorv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

Don't know if it is said here already,  and i just found it out for myself. If you go to user profile, you can claim coins for challenges that you did in the matches. Didn't know that, so don't shoot me 1f600.png

Good point. 

There is a good amount of coins to collect (got me ~65k) which can save you 1-2 hours of grinding.

12 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

Don't know if it is said here already,  and i just found it out for myself. If you go to user profile, you can claim coins for challenges that you did in the matches. Didn't know that, so don't shoot me 1f600.png

Good find ! I didn't know that neither ! Will definitly save some grind time :)

Thx for sharing !

• Like 1

Any tips for challenge 6? Especially for aiming and how hard to hit the ball? I can't seem hit any target. I'm hitting either too hard or completely away from the target spot. 

Challenge 5 however, i found it to be very easy. Perfect slice is your friend. 

Edited by NTGSruler

28 minutes ago, NTGSruler said:

Any tips for challenge 6? Especially for aiming and how hard to hit the ball? I can't seem hit any target. I'm hitting either too hard or completely away from the target spot. 

For me there was no tip for challenge 6. 

Was the most difficult for me (that and challenge 8). Just keep practising and keep trying and eventually the targets will be placed to your favour and likeable spots. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

I found it to be way more accurate when I was stood really far back behind the baseline. For topspin shots, make sure you are pulling the left thumbstick back and in the direction you need, flat shots you can just aim and don't move the thumbstick in any vertical direction, for slice shots, push the thumbstick forwards and in the direction.

For the dropshots, I found doing the precise shot, just one tap of square, not holding, seemed to work well, but it was easy to just keep resetting until I had a good run with few drop shots needed.

• Like 1

I am going to share some thoughts about those hard to gain coins.

Collect awards (as already mentioned) but try to farm them too! I farmed the 11 tournaments in one year! Or the use 100 gold cards! (I will explain how in a bit). 

What I am trying to say is as long as you grinding is not bad to get two birds with one stone! 

Now about the cards. I was aiming for the 100 cards trophy and I took the last package with the 50 cards with 19900 (if I remember it right). 

So as long as you don't care to play the game online, cards are useless. So why don't you use them in career? When you reach 100 silver, sell the rest. 100 gold? The same. For the diamonds was impossible so I just aimed for the 50 cards. After that, I sold every single card and disable cards on career, once again! 

I hope this little tip, help you out a bit. 

Edited by wazzaa21gr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AL-Mesk said:

Any tips for Win 25 points from volleys in a single match?

I just got this so yes. 

Create custom tournament, set full length match of 5 sets, 6 games per set. Set difficulty to very easy. Choose federer 

Don't try to win volleys on your serve, its extremely difficult because its so slow to run to the net you mostly get winners ripped past you. 

Go for your volleys when your returning easiest way I find is to stand well in the baseline, half way up to the service box, when they serve tap square and aim your slice up the middle, charge to the net and try and aim your volley to the corners. If you aim good it's a winner, if not its coming back so get ready for another volley to the corner. They will lob you occasionally, overhead smashes count. 

Volleys are quite tricky but basically I just do a quick tap on X as the ball is coming over and aim 1 way or the other. It took me a set and a half to get it. After a few shots you get tge timing down and it gets a bit easier 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NoosaHeadz said:

I just got this so yes. 

Create custom tournament, set full length match of 5 sets, 6 games per set. Set difficulty to very easy. Choose federer 

Don't try to win volleys on your serve, its extremely difficult because its so slow to run to the net you mostly get winners ripped past you. 

Go for your volleys when your returning easiest way I find is to stand well in the baseline, half way up to the service box, when they serve tap square and aim your slice up the middle, charge to the net and try and aim your volley to the corners. If you aim good it's a winner, if not its coming back so get ready for another volley to the corner. They will lob you occasionally, overhead smashes count. 

Volleys are quite tricky but basically I just do a quick tap on X as the ball is coming over and aim 1 way or the other. It took me a set and a half to get it. After a few shots you get tge timing down and it gets a bit easier 

Works like Magic! Thanks my friend I just got the trophy. A double match was a bad idea for sure. The slice in the middle did it all. 

5 hours ago, Francisco200400 said:

Here I explain how to do it

Great reference with the video, Thanks!

• Like 1