Smevin's Regular, Every Day, Normal Ass Gamer Attempts at Trophy Hunting

YaManSmevz

1 hour ago, Platinum_Vice said:

I loved this review, Smevz. Is this where the term 'zerg rush' comes from?

Thanks so much mah dude!

Yes it is. Zerglings are the first assault unit available for Zerg players, and they're how Robin Williams described his manhood in Death to Smoochy: small, but fierce! You can whip up a group of twelve or so at the beginning of a game pretty quickly, so if that's what your opponent is doing and you're busy just making buildings, you'll be fucked in a hurry?

StarCraft escaped me back in the day but I lost many many hours to Age of Empires I & II (the discs were FREE in some cereal boxes for some reason!) and Age of Mythology (my god, I adore that game).

Age of Empires was another good one! I wasn't able to get too much into that game, but it seemed solid af and peeps swear by it. Age if Mythology?? Probably more PC goodness that I don't really have access to, but...

9qNreyiYHhe9W3aTySqpujH06EhVtjFBtAsTNI3x

Halo Wars was huge let-down, right?!.

Duuuude I was so excited to try that one out, and it just... I'unno, it just felt so blah. I've thought about giving it another shot a few times, but... I mean I'm just so busy, y'know?

Age of Wonders: Planetfall is burning a hole in my backlog and I can't wait to get into Iron Harvest on the PS5. It is a video game extension of a great 4X board game called Scythe which is pretty slick. A few late sessions with the boys have been lost to Scythe...

I thought I was playing Age of Spirits once, but it turns out I was just getting drunk. If I look up Iron Harvest, am I gonna end up trying to score a PS5 in a back alley as a result? Bee hoonest...

29 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

XCOM generated all sorts of memes.  Like having a 90%+ shot completion chance with a shotgun, your soldier one square away from the Sectoid and it MISSES!  THAT'S XCOM!

Yo that's real? or when snipers would miss and you'd be like BRO THIS IS YOUR JOB!!

Man, I miss that shit... thanks for bringing that up dude, it might be time to bust that out.

29 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

I 'member(berries) a bunch of those quips.  Man, I think it was 6 months ago or something my little brother - who plays a shitload of World of Warcraft and Blizzard games, in general - came over and he was helping out with moving some wood in the back yard.  Without missing a beat he's got this stack of wood, looks me in the eye and says "zug zug".  Never can I recall such an abrupt wave of nostalgia hitting out of nowhere.  Hadn't heard that phrase in 20 years, and knew EXACTLY what it was (the orcs from Warcraft).

Dude that's great! I love moments like that.

Wasn't there an orc who would belch really obnoxiously or something??

• Like 2

On 23/08/2022 at 10:34 AM, YaManSmevz said:

Age of Empires was another good one! I wasn't able to get too much into that game, but it seemed solid af and peeps swear by it. Age if Mythology?? Probably more PC goodness that I don't really have access to

You missed out! AoM was a lot of fun. Days melted away with that one. You chose between the Greeks, Egyptians and Norse, but then also between three major gods per faction for more diversity. You had four major upgrade ages and every time that you upgraded you would choose an additional god to worship. You'd get specific upgrades for doing so and be granted one-off god powers. Worshipping the gods grants you the ability to train mythical beasts in addition to human soldiers, archers and cavalry. Think of Greek minotaurs, cyclops, manticores, Egyptian scarabs, mummies and sphinx, Norse fire and frost giants and sea kraken. 

Let's say you wanted to play as a Greek. You choose between Zeus, Poseidon and Hades as your primary. You choose Poseidon - god of the sea and horses. Cavalry upgrades are cheaper and you get a free water scout unit when you build a dock. You get a corresponding god power that attracts wild animals to your base.

When you upgrade to the next age, you choose between an additional god to worship (Ares or Hermes). Ares benefits military units' attack and has a pestilence god power (you pick a spot on the map and units in it get debuffed). Hermes is the herald of the Greek gods, so his power is to enact a two minute ceasefire. He grants the ability to create centaur units.

This game slaps. Very addicting. It owes a lot to the developer talent (and consumer interest) that came out of StarCraft.

Duuuude I was so excited to try that one out, and it just... I'unno, it just felt so blah. I've thought about giving it another shot a few times, but... I mean I'm just so busy, y'know?

I booted up Halo Wars for about two hours about... a year ago. It's still shithouse. ?

If I look up Iron Harvest, am I gonna end up trying to score a PS5 in a back alley as a result? Bee hoonest...

No it doesn't actually look that way. It looks pretty niche for a start and some issues are apparently easier to overlook if you're already a fan of the board game. 

Maybe Northgard might be worth a look instead?

Edited by Platinum_Vice
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 2:36 PM, Platinum_Vice said:

You missed out! AoM was a lot of fun. Days melted away with that one. You chose between the Greeks, Egyptians and Norse, but then also between three major gods per faction for more diversity. You had four major upgrade ages and every time that you upgraded you would choose an additional god to worship. You'd get specific upgrades for doing so and be granted one-off god powers. Worshipping the gods grants you the ability to train mythical beasts in addition to human soldiers, archers and cavalry. Think of Greek minotaurs, cyclops, manticores, Egyptian scarabs, mummies and sphinx, Norse fire and frost giants and sea kraken. 

Let's say you wanted to play as a Greek. You choose between Zeus, Poseidon and Hades as your primary. You choose Poseidon - god of the sea and horses. Cavalry upgrades are cheaper and you get a free water scout unit when you build a dock. You get a corresponding god power that attracts wild animals to your base.

When you upgrade to the next age, you choose between an additional god to worship (Ares or Hermes). Ares benefits military units' attack and has a pestilence god power (you pick a spot on the map and units in it get debuffed). Hermes is the herald of the Greek gods, so his power is to enact a two minute ceasefire. He grants the ability to create centaur units.

This game slaps. Very addicting. It owes a lot to the developer talent (and consumer interest) that came out of StarCraft.

Yo all that sounds dope as hell! I've always been a Mythology nerd so the idea of something like this with that much imagination to it is extremely appealing. Ah, the loves we never get to meet?

I booted up Halo Wars for about two hours about... a year ago. It's still shithouse. 1f602.png

Damn! That makes me feel better though, cuz I remember being like "why don't I like this, it's pretty much exactly what I wanted!" Now I guess the sequel's title makes sense though, Halo Wars 2: Beloved Genre, Revered Franchise, and We STILL Couldn't Make This Worth Your Time.

Maybe Northgard might be worth a look instead?

Good call! I watched a review real quick, color me intrigued? I'ma dive in a bit more, methinks!

On 8/24/2022 at 8:52 PM, DrunkenEngineer said:

1f602.png

y4rnRJ.gif

That's the one! Dude I totally forgot about that 'scuse meee' too, I'm fuckin dead?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Monthly Update with Ya Man Smevz

August 2022

bnblatenight-1.jpg

Another month bites the dust!

Woot Woot!

Game of the Month

Not quite as difficult as the last few months, but still a lot of good stuff. Old Man's Journey and Telling Lies kicked things off nicely, and we ended strong with Lair of the Clockwork God and finally revisiting the Splinter Cell series, but the dominant game of the month was easily Guacamelee 2. Quite appreciative for all the nudges I got towards that game - more about it on another day, but I had a really great time with this one.

Man, I have Lair of the Clockwork God still stitting patiently on my system - looking forward to your thoughts on that one!

2. Hong Kong Massacre

Bought this one on a whim - apparently it's John Woo meets Hotline Miami, and while my research has shown that it may not end up being a complete hidden gem, it still looks cool. Plus it has 20 trophies including a platinum, so there's that.

That sounds kinda cool....

...I need to check this out - Hotline Miami with John Woo... I expect plenty of double-gun-slow-mo-leaping and copious amounts of white doves flying through carnage! ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

September Goals

This month is going to be a bit different. It may be silly, but I noticed that both the 3500th trophy and 75th platinum marks are comin up and neck and neck. With seven plats and 145 trophies to go, I've decided I wanna try to get to 75 first.

This means low trophy count games and *shudder* games near completion that I've been avoiding, all of which need an outstanding platinum. I've done the math and this is quite doable, so I'm just hoping to get that lined up this month.

As for Platinum #75? Yes, I'm a basic bitch and I am thinking about what game I'd specifically like for that spot, and no I am not proud. Candidates thus far include Bloodborne, Yakuza 0, Bastion, XCOM: Enemy Within, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Plats #69-75 are going to be strictly in house though, I'm not trying to buy anything new.

As someone who loves to plan out the PSNP milestones, there is nothing to be ashamed about! ? I really enjoy all the planning and execution that goes into aligning those trophy pops. I also had my 75th plat and 4000th trophy happen around the same time. 

I've not figured out what I'll have for my next milestone (4500 trophies), but I've already planned out my next 20 games for the big Plat 100 milestone ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Man, I have Lair of the Clockwork God still stitting patiently on my system - looking forward to your thoughts on that one!

I think they did a good job balancing a point and click puzzle solving style with platforming, though neither of those are my strong suit AT ALL??? it's pretty good so far though! Hopefully I'll finish that up today.

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That sounds kinda cool....

...I need to check this out - Hotline Miami with John Woo... I expect plenty of double-gun-slow-mo-leaping and copious amounts of white doves flying through carnage! 1f602.png

That settles it, Hong Kong Massacre is up next! I'm super curious myself as to how well the devs' influences meld. Going in with high (albeit tempered) expectations. I reeaally wanna like this one???

2 hours ago, Heather342 said:

As someone who loves to plan out the PSNP milestones, there is nothing to be ashamed about! 1f601.png I really enjoy all the planning and execution that goes into aligning those trophy pops. I also had my 75th plat and 4000th trophy happen around the same time. 

I must admit, it is fun! It's also one of those things where we have to acknowledge that we're the one who sees our profile the most, so if you can make it look to your liking, why wouldn't you wanna do that, y'know?

2 hours ago, Heather342 said:

I've not figured out what I'll have for my next milestone (4500 trophies), but I've already planned out my next 20 games for the big Plat 100 milestone 1f60a.png

I admire that forethought! That's dope, dude. It's like making a fun lil countdown for yourself?

• Like 1

Looks like Rockstar has so much money from those Shark cards that they built a real-life Los Santos!

For real, that was a great read and now I'm wishing that I had a US trip at least somewhere on the horizon. ? 

There definitely will come a day when I visit the US and LA + SF will definitely be on the list. When that time of planning inevitably comes around, you can bet that I'll be referring back to this opus (and no doubt will be hitting you up for a drink at Dodger Stadium, ma dude).

Thanks for making this post for Pluto... I enjoyed it very much, too. 

PS: you forgot to let me know...

... what dat Jim Ryan do??

Edited by Platinum_Vice
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Looks like Rockstar has so much money from those Shark cards that they built a real-life Los Santos!

That must've been their plan all along!! Sneaky Rockstar...

For real, that was a great read and now I'm wishing that I had a US trip at least somewhere on the horizon. 1f614.png 

There definitely will come a day when I visit the US and LA + SF will definitely be on the list. When that time of planning inevitably comes around, you can bet that I'll be referring back to this opus (and no doubt will be hitting you up for a drink at Dodger Stadium, ma dude).

Thanks a lot, homie! I'm glad to hear all that?

And that's what I'm talkin about!!?

Ive only been to San Fran a few times, and both for a mere few days. The first time was when we got married, the second was to see the Dodgers eliminate the Giants from the post season.

Which was the more meaningful trip? Who can say.

PS: you forgot to let me know...

... what dat Jim Ryan do??

He's kind of annoying, actually! Once he find our you're a PS player, he always wants to give you back rubs and breathe into your mouth. He said he does it to all Sony players in Cali-..

....wait, California is huge. There have to be countless PlayStation players! He couldn't possibly be doing this to all of them...

...wow. Jim Ryan lied to me. I suddenly feel so dirty, excuse me!

• Like 1

My maaaan!! Thank you so much for this post, I really appreciate the hard work and dedication you've put into it to make it as immersive as possible ? I need to honor it by answering as much as I possibly can now haha : 

2 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Hey, you remember all that Chicago business a while back? Well there was something I forgot to mention - the famous highway Route 66 starts there, right across the street from the wonderful Art Institute of Chicago:

IMG-4448.jpg

Care to guess where it ends?

20220813-183524.jpg

I've gotten my very first request from @PlutoRico, and it's to write a travel post about my own back yard, pretty much! And if running around playing tourist and taking pictures of this city that I love is what it takes to help him through those homesick feelings... I mean we gotta help the homie out, right?

Absolutely love this intro and the way you were able to link it to the previous post you made about your trip to Chicago ? Funny enough, I didn't even know you were from LA until you put "Southern California" on your location, and it's only after seeing that last post you made about Chicago that the idea of requesting something like this came to my mind, so it's totally fitting, perfectly done my friend haha ? 

I spent four and a half separate days revisiting areas and trying to optimize a theoretical week-long stay for someone who wouldn't know their way around, and I think I did an okay job. I've narrowed the focus to three main areas - Hollywood, Downtown, and Santa Monica - each with nearby neighborhoods that are at best walkable and at worst a short Uber ride.

Did you drive your way to these places btw? Or did you Uber everywhere?

Unless you're heading out to Disneyland or something, I would suggest against renting a car. Los Angeles' traffic is as bad as advertised, and parking can be quite unpleasant - those poles holding up to four different signs with different days and hours still make me feel like I'm doing calculus in my head for a second.

Actually I think the opposite haha, I feel like you can't do much without a car in SoCal. I agree that traffic and parking can be quite annoying but having to take Uber rides back and forth every time you go out is even more of a hassle ? I remember my first few weeks out there when I didn't have a car yet, I was quite lazy to do anything because of that. I was always like "yeah I'll go there or visit that place once I get myself a car" which made me postpone everything until I finally got one haha ?

Do, however, hit up the hot dog vendors for an LA Street Dog (well, we just call them street dogs). Bacon wrapped dog with onions, peppers, ketchup, mustard, and mayo. These vendors come out late at night when concert venues start letting out all over the place, but it seems they post up all day on this part of Hollywood Boulevard.

Oh man this brings back so many good memories, especially late at night after coming back from the club or a sport game in a bar ?

Firstly, the massive Griffith Park - there are so many awesome hikes here, from the Old L.A. Zoo (literally an abandoned zoo that's become a novelty hike) to the surprisingly challenging Burbank and Cahuenga Peaks (which offer premier views of the Hollywood sign). Not to mention the Greek Theatre (fantastic outdoor venue) and of course, the Griffith Observatory.

I definitely upvote on the hikes. This is the perfect place to go and there are so many excellent ones. Something that I miss a lot as it's not very common over here plus hiking without SoCal weather doesn't feel quite the same to be honest ?

Yes, I love In N Out. No, I am not going to bully you into eating there. I feel the reason so many have been underwhelmed by this SoCal institution is because their local friend/family member obnoxiously hyped it up, so we're not doing that. But I can't help mentioning it, I do hope you understand.

The consensus that I get from people overall is that "the burger is good, the fries are meh". But I agree with your take, SoCal people tend to hype it up to outsiders so their expectations may be high and they end up being disappointed. Personally I love it, I always take animal style fries along with a double double and a strawberry shake. In N Out shakes are really great imo and they should be the ones getting all the hype haha

Another block down from here and Skid Row is in full swing. I briefly considered taking a picture of the next block, but quickly decided against it, as it felt exploitative and immoral. It is a very sad, very frightening place, and trust me when I say that unless you're volunteering for a shelter or something, you do NOT want to be there.

This is actually hilarious because I remember my first time visiting DowntownLA I ordered a Uber (I didn't have a car yet at that time) and I didn't know where to put the arrival location, so I just clicked in the middle of the map and I was like "yeah I'll figure it out once I'm there". I remember feeling exactly the same way you described it going from Staples Center to that middle point I selected. I was completely unaware at the time and remember the Uber drive advising me to go back up in the neighborhood around the arena instead ?

Ah, the beach... at long last. Don't worry, we're almost done!

20220816-191600.jpg

The beach is probably the thing I miss the most. I used to be in Santa Monica/Venice pretty much every day, whether it was for a good workout sesh at muscle beach or just to do some sightseeing and get a tan ? Man life is truly much better in a beach city 

I found myself getting way more in depth than I meant to... I did my best to bust out my Editor's cap but you can only cut so much, I am sorry for that! I do hope I did right by you with this one Pluto, as I think everyone else may be asleep1f604.png

Thank you again for this great immersive post my friend. I really appreciate the time and effort you put through it. You've described a lot of places I never heard of which is a good thing because it means I'll get to discover so much more whenever I'm able to come back ? We gotta kick it too like Vice said haha 

PS : 

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

Ive only been to San Fran a few times, and both for a mere few days. The first time was when we got married, the second was to see the Dodgers eliminate the Giants from the post season.

Which was the more meaningful trip? Who can say.

Excellent one, I real life laughed at this ???

Edited by PlutoRico
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PlutoRico said:

My maaaan!! Thank you so much for this post, I really appreciate the hard work and dedication you've put into it to make it as immersive as possible 1f606.png I need to honor it by answering as much as I possibly can now haha : 

Absolutely love this intro and the way you were able to link it to the previous post you made about your trip to Chicago 1f44a.png Funny enough, I didn't even know you were from LA until you put "Southern California" on your location, and it's only after seeing that last post you made about Chicago that the idea of requesting something like this came to my mind, so it's totally fitting, perfectly done my friend haha 1f601.png 

Aayyy thanks bro?

Did you drive your way to these places btw? Or did you Uber everywhere?

Actually I think the opposite haha, I feel like you can't do much without a car in SoCal. I agree that traffic and parking can be quite annoying but having to take Uber rides back and forth every time you go out is even more of a hassle 1f605.png I remember my first few weeks out there when I didn't have a car yet, I was quite lazy to do anything because of that. I was always like "yeah I'll go there or visit that place once I get myself a car" which made me postpone everything until I finally got one haha 1f602.png

I drove a lot, but with the neighborhoods that weren't too far from one another I'd walk or use one of those Uber scooters. Those things are clutch?

I only said that from the standpoint of a visitor, like to rent a car for 7-10 days and adjust to all these new conditions would be a pain. As far as living here though, 100% you need a car, you ain't lie?

Oh man this brings back so many good memories, especially late at night after coming back from the club or a sport game in a bar 1f62d.png

YESS!! You get conditioned to seek them out when you're leaving a place super late?

I definitely upvote on the hikes. This is the perfect place to go and there are so many excellent ones. Something that I miss a lot as it's not very common over here plus hiking without SoCal weather doesn't feel quite the same to be honest 1f602.png

Yeah, it's too easy to take this weather for granted. I wanted to make a point that it isn't necessarily ALWAYS nice, it can get shitty when you least expect it, but the likelihood was low enough for me to scrap that. Ironically enough it rained today?

The consensus that I get from people overall is that "the burger is good, the fries are meh". But I agree with your take, SoCal people tend to hype it up to outsiders so their expectations may be high and they end up being disappointed. Personally I love it, I always take animal style fries along with a double double and a strawberry shake. In N Out shakes are really great imo and they should be the ones getting all the hype haha

Oh hell yeah? Agreed on the fries, if you don't eat them immediately they get wack pretty fast. Only way to preserve them is to get them animal style! I'm with you on the shakes too man, those things are no joke! I'm a chocolate vanilla swirl type myself?

This is actually hilarious because I remember my first time visiting DowntownLA I ordered a Uber (I didn't have a car yet at that time) and I didn't know where to put the arrival location, so I just clicked in the middle of the map and I was like "yeah I'll figure it out once I'm there". I remember feeling exactly the same way you described it going from Staples Center to that middle point I selected. I was completely unaware at the time and remember the Uber drive advising me to go back up in the neighborhood around the arena instead 1f605.png

Yo that shit is wild! It's so easy to wind up there accidentally, I'm glad your driver told you what's what!

Speaking of Staples, it's Magic!!

20220825-124617.jpg

Well, they were in Inglewood when he was playing, but you know what I mean?

I was heading to Fisherman's Outlet from downtown (fuck, forgot to mention that one too?) and ended up walking all the way through, served me right for not paying attention. Mentally disturbed people stomping around screaming at nobody, a couple fighting with poles that looked like they used to be for stop signs (I didn't stop to see who won?), it doesn't even feel like you're in the same country. I wouldn't wish that shit on anybody man, it's fuckin brutal.

The beach is probably the thing I miss the most. I used to be in Santa Monica/Venice pretty much every day, whether it was for a good workout sesh at muscle beach or just to do some sightseeing and get a tan 1f602.png Man life is truly much better in a beach city 

Agreed. I lived in Huntington Beach for a few years and was out for bike rides damn near every day. Beach cities just slow life down a little bit, I don't know what it is?

Thank you again for this great immersive post my friend. I really appreciate the time and effort you put through it. You've described a lot of places I never heard of which is a good thing because it means I'll get to discover so much more whenever I'm able to come back 1f601.png We gotta kick it too like Vice said haha 

Dude thank you! I had a great time playing tourist, that was the best request I could've ever gotten??

I'm down, dude. And yeah, Los Angeles misses you homie!

• Like 2

Damn dude, you've been killing it of late!

On 12/09/2022 at 7:54 PM, YaManSmevz said:

Platinum #69: Lair of the Clockwork God

I've had this one sitting on my system for a while - can't remember who it was did a review before, but was convinced already - and this didn't dissuade me!.... just need to find time, as always :facepalm:

12 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Platinum #70: The Hong Kong Massacre

That sounds like a real weird one!

I can't say your selling it hard.... although this:

12 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

The crazy thing though? Even past the agonizing hours spent on each level's challenges and trying to make it through two straight chapters without dying... I still want to play it. In spite of all its flaws, and my own painfully frustrating path towards the platinum, this thing is a truly fun and addictive experience, and while I think it's important to take the awful story and considerable challenge into mind, this might be something you could have fun with. I sure as shit did1f60e.png

...did sound oddly familiar - I feel like I could have written the exact same thing about My Friend Pedro... so it's not necessarily completely out of the picture!

Great write ups as always!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Damn dude, you've been killing it of late!

I've had this one sitting on my system for a while - can't remember who it was did a review before, but was convinced already - and this didn't dissuade me!.... just need to find time, as always :facepalm:

Ayyy thanks man?

I really think you'll enjoy this one, though of course I understand how difficult it can be to finesse a new game into the mix when so much else is going on! Just know that at some point, there's at least one more gaming treat awaiting you!

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That sounds like a real weird one!

I can't say your selling it hard.... although this:

...did sound oddly familiar - I feel like I could have written the exact same thing about My Friend Pedro... so it's not necessarily completely out of the picture!

It really is weird! I want to like it, and I do very much like it, but I also kinda don't, nor can I recommend it with complete confidence in spite of thinking it's absolutely worth playing. I've had exes that didn't confuse me this much?

It's an odd sort of difficulty, isn't it? You finish it and you're just like "good lord" and then look back at it, still in that completion afterglow, and start thinking "well, it wasn't all bad..."

• Like 3

On 9/16/2022 at 10:57 PM, YaManSmevz said:

Platinum #10: Cuphead DLC Update

He's the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B

apps-44432-14352309829853343-8629a220-78

Heh congrats for this one :D man, you can feel when devs show love for their product xD 
What a great game.

(also glad I was a motivator for playing this one xD )

They seriously upped the challenge this time. There's more shit flying at you, and the bosses feel almost trickier - more than a few times I noticed that I'd become boxed in and taking a hit was unavoidable. Even the tells can require a bit more reading, particularly with Mortimer Freeze's snowman phase. I found that, Esther Winchester's second phase, and the first phase of the final boss to the be most mind boggling. Oh, and the Howling Aces' final phase definitely requires some concentration as well.

...because the screen flips around a lot, not cuz of the dog lady. Though her disapproving demeanor is oddly compelling, I will say that1f913.png

Everything feels even more intricate than the base game. There's the aforementioned leap in complexity with the bosses, but on top of that, Inkwell Isle IV is gorgeous! They really outdid themselves with the animation here, it's busier without feeling as much, and somehow manages to look more vibrant than before. And for a DLC, they've added a considerable amount, in fact I think we are downright spoiled with how much cool new shit is here. New weapons (though this does include the borderline useless Twist Up), new charms, and of course a new character, Ms. Chalice herself.

Yeah honestly, I was super happy that they didn't include "S rank every boss" xD I don't shy away from a challenge but my god these bosses are more brutal than ever. At some point I was "yeah fuck it, pray and spray" , because you can't see a damn thing on the screen

Stray Observations

- Ms. Chalice's double jump had me like "so what, they could always double jump, couldn't they?" No they could not! I thought this because I had just played Guacamelee and my silly brain crossed wires. Dumb ass!

Lmao yeah! I also thought we could double jump in the main game! The previous games tricked us hard!

- Speaking of dumb ass, that fake knockout near the end of the Moonshine Mob fight?? Yes, it got me too (though I was more confused than anything), and it was such a clever twist that I couldn't even be mad when it happened.

That one was pure evil. I was running to just finish the boss fight and when I saw the "knockout" sign I was "Whew". Never trust the snail mafia!

Again, well done :D glad you enjoyed and appreciated this masterpiece of a DLC!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Yeah honestly, I was super happy that they didn't include "S rank every boss" xD I don't shy away from a challenge but my god these bosses are more brutal than ever. At some point I was "yeah fuck it, pray and spray" , because you can't see a damn thing on the screen

Ferreal! S ranks would've just been waaaayyyy too sadistic?, I'm glad they never did that here or in the base game. Saltbaker is easily the roughest boss they've come up with yet, and honestly the rest ain't far behind.

43 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Lmao yeah! I also thought we could double jump in the main game! The previous games tricked us hard!

That one was pure evil. I was running to just finish the boss fight and when I saw the "knockout" sign I was "Whew". Never trust the snail mafia!

Again, well done :D glad you enjoyed and appreciated this masterpiece of a DLC!

I'm glad that wasn't just me?

It's official, we play too many games. Our aging brains can't keep track of them all!

I still remember the exact thoughts that went through my head when that banner dropped:

"I GOT IT!! ...waaaiiit a minute, that's not what the 'knockout' screen looks li-... fuck, I'm dead."

Thanks a lot my dude! Yeah they killed it with this DLC?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

Pyre just got a huge jump up the backlog man... Supergiant remains undefeated1f60e.png

Don't forget to add Hades to that backlog pile as well, another fantastic game by Supergiant ?

I loved Bastion when I played it earlier this year, I actually split my play time between the PS4 and the Vita, made huge use of that cross save feature ?. It ran really well on the handheld, I finished off a few of those idol runs in who knows where on the Vita version. Really good to hear that you enjoyed your time with this game too

• Like 2