Smevin's Regular, Every Day, Normal Ass Gamer Attempts at Trophy Hunting

YaManSmevz

Damn dude, that's a great write up, and really inspiring.  I have Cuphead on Steam and got about an hour into it before I said "NOPE", but this review is tempting me to give it another go...

What is it about badass, unique indies that then almost always have crushing difficulty?  The Hotline Miami's, Hyper Light Drifters, and of course Cuphead.  I've been really tempted lately to pick those games back up but on PlayStation to chase the trophies.

It's not quite on the mark, but you might like Blasphemous if you want another punishing indie with a very strong aesthetic.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Damn dude, that's a great write up, and really inspiring.  I have Cuphead on Steam and got about an hour into it before I said "NOPE", but this review is tempting me to give it another go...

Cuphead is definitely one to give another chance. When I bought it I knew it had a reputation for being difficult, but when you get your ass handed to you on the first level it can be disheartening. But it's a game of pattern recognition mostly, and over time you do get better at it and you can see yourself getting better. It's a really satisfying feeling when you finally beat a stage. Although Wally Warbles on expert mode is the most difficult boss I've ever encountered in a game ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

What is it about badass, unique indies that then almost always have crushing difficulty?  The Hotline Miami's, Hyper Light Drifters, and of course Cuphead.  I've been really tempted lately to pick those games back up but on PlayStation to chase the trophies.

It's not quite on the mark, but you might like Blasphemous if you want another punishing indie with a very strong aesthetic.

Thank you! I really hope you give it another go. If I can plat Cuphead, believe me, so can you. Obviously it's not an easy ride but the journey is so rewarding and once things start to make a bit more sense, you'll be having tons of fun!

Hotline Miami is actually in my backlog, funny that you mention it? Blasphemous is not, however... I'll have to do some homework on that one!

3 hours ago, Heather342 said:

Cuphead is definitely one to give another chance. When I bought it I knew it had a reputation for being difficult, but when you get your ass handed to you on the first level it can be disheartening. But it's a game of pattern recognition mostly, and over time you do get better at it and you can see yourself getting better. It's a really satisfying feeling when you finally beat a stage. Although Wally Warbles on expert mode is the most difficult boss I've ever encountered in a game 1f605.png

Wally is absolutely the worst! An impressive feat, considering that he shares the game with Dr. Kahl's Robot. You're absolutely right, once you can recognize the patterns, even the hardest of bosses are doable. It does take a bit of time though?

• Like 2

That was a great review of Cuphead, man!!

So let me get this straight..... If I do decide to play it in future... I should channel Martin Sheen in the opening of Apocalypse Now?? All I could think after reading the psychedelics part, was this clip being your preparation before playing ?.... It worked for you though.

We could be about to hear all over PSNProfiles of people who had previously struggled with Super Meat Boy dropping some acid and laughing their way to freedom!

I admire your determination to push through and get the platinum in it. That's impressive. Most of all, I loved how much you enjoyed all of your time getting to that point - I love it when it games give you that Rollercoaster ride of almost giving up... Then at some point your desire returns and sooner or later you have a nice shiny platinum to look at!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

That was a great review of Cuphead, man!!

So let me get this straight..... If I do decide to play it in future... I should channel Martin Sheen in the opening of Apocalypse Now?1f602.png All I could think after reading the psychedelics part, was this clip being your preparation before playing 1f606.png.... It worked for you though.

We could be about to hear all over PSNProfiles of people who had previously struggled with Super Meat Boy dropping some acid and laughing their way to freedom!

I admire your determination to push through and get the platinum in it. That's impressive. Most of all, I loved how much you enjoyed all of your time getting to that point - I love it when it games give you that Rollercoaster ride of almost giving up... Then at some point your desire returns and sooner or later you have a nice shiny platinum to look at!

Oh shit, maybe THAT'S how the mirror broke..?

Excellent reference, and funnily enough you're not super far off?

Thank you, sir! Masochistic as it may seem, I find myself wanting to go for more platinums like that. Nothing toooo crazy, and of course enjoyment is absolutely a requirement, but like you alluded to, that roller coaster ride made the platinum all the more rewarding. Once my percentage is a bit higher, Bloodborne will be in the near future for me, and I suspect I'll have a similar experience with that?

Apparently I can't end thoughts without an emoji right now?

• Like 1

Damn, that was one nice Cuphead-Writeup! ? Gotta love it when you finally conquer something that seemed impossible at first. Congrats on the plat, and congrats on your perseverence! 

Cuphead has been, since it released on XBox, my answer to the question "What XBox exclusive would you want on PS?" Yet for some reason, and while I was excited to see in the PS Store, I still haven't gotten around to playing it... One day :) 

• Like 2

A fine mahok to you all.

Quick update: Completing UFC 3 is pretty horrible. I've made it to level 135, which is cool and all, but once I make it to 150 (what was wrong with 100, huh EA?) there's still the matter of Legendary difficulty to deal with, which is just unreal. Their hand speed and footwork alone are absolutely crushing, I'm just gonna have to figure somethin out?‍♂️ It's taking... well, about as long as I'd imagined! Oh well. That 0.77 rarity isn't for nothin.

Moving on!

Platinum #34: Beholder

1Ld455cc.png

First of all, shout out to @realm722! If Beholder has taught me anything, it's that when he recommends a game, don't ask questions, just get it. You'll be happy, trust. I already am looking forward to scanning the next sale for Afterparty?

And now, for my next trick, I'm going to try reeeeaaally hard to not just mirror his excellent review of this game...

Beholder appealed to me instantly. I loved the dark, charcoal look and the general idea of exploring the grim hopelessness of life within an oppressive re-

GLORIOUS REGIME. WE WILL VANQUISH ALL FOES OF OUR SUPERIOR WAY OF LIFE. ALL HAIL THE MINISTRY!

SINCERELY, PSN REVIEWER

......my apologies. Try as I might, I can't fight off every corny joke that comes to mind...

I was fascinated by the window given into the day to day experience of the citizens, and the effect that these kinds of conditions can have. Alcoholism, suicide, domestic violence, and a variety of shady behaviors (like reading books) are on display, doing an excellent job of showing, rather than telling, how miserable this kind of existence can be. It can be a bit too on the nose at times, but Beholder never flirts with Detroit levels of "yeah yeah, we get it already."

What really sells it is the fact that Beholder is a funny game, to the point where it felt tailor-made for someone like me, a history nerd with a pitch black sense of humor. There's a secret ending you can access almost right at the beginning of the game that cracked me up ("NOTHING, CARL!!"), there's a bomb defusing instruction manual that says something along the lines of "Make sure not to pray, as God has never defused a bomb," and there's an overall quirkiness that keeps the mood in check.

Beholder is a surprisingly open-ended game, and there's not only so much to do, but so many ways to go about it, which is impressive for how ultimately small-scoped it is - for a short game taking place in a single building, they managed to cram in a lot of content. Absolute heaven for gamers who love having to make a series of decisions, and then go back to try the others to see all the possibilities. The aesthetic is very unique as well; the dialogue appears via text, accompanied by adorable gibberish unique to each character, which had what I thought to be an endearingly PS1 vibe to it. Each character has their own charming design (OF COURSE the secret agent guy has a friggin eyepatch) and I liked the little details, like the perpetual rain hitting the roof with that bleak background.

The spying aspect was a lot of fun! Especially before you're able to nail the patterns of when the tenants leave for the day; rummaging through someone's things and noticing that they're approaching their door while you're mid-search is a type of tension I never knew I would enjoy so much! The close calls are pretty funny, because you can zoom right out the door while they're about to walk in, and as long as you do it before they open the door, THEY'RE NONE THE WISER.

Oh Carl, you slick devil, you.

THAT Trophy: N/A

There was one task that actually gave me a bit of trouble, but there was no trophy for it - at the beginning of the DLC the Ministry has you getting DNA samples from every tenant. At this point you're used to searching, so it should be easy but three of the apartments have an extra tenant or two, with both first story apartments having children who apparently never go to school! Getting into the apartments unseen and finding the necessary items within the time limit was a tad tricky, but nothing frustrating or anything like that. The DLC was also a great prequel of sorts for the main story, and seeing where some of the characters were before you roll through as Carl Stein is... well, kinda sad!

---------Buzzkill Alert----------

One last thing I wanted to make mention of: the trophy for getting caught at the border is called Wetback Wall, and.. I don't know how I feel about that. I know it's just a joke, and I wasn't thrust into past trauma of being called that as a kid or anything, it just seemed weird. Like if there was a trophy regarding something linked to Africans or Jews and had a similarly suggestive word, that would be frowned upon, no? I asked my wife for her thoughts, and she was supremely unamused, which is the main reason I'm writing this addendum. It felt odd to me personally, but if it genuinely bothered her, I figure it's worth throwin out there. And that's all I have to say about that... let's get out of this territory!

---------Buzzkill Complete----------

Anyway. Pumped for Beholder 2! I might end up getting into that sooner than later what with UFC 3 goin the way it is?

14 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Damn, that was one nice Cuphead-Writeup! 1f605.png Gotta love it when you finally conquer something that seemed impossible at first. Congrats on the plat, and congrats on your perseverence! 

Cuphead has been, since it released on XBox, my answer to the question "What XBox exclusive would you want on PS?" Yet for some reason, and while I was excited to see in the PS Store, I still haven't gotten around to playing it... One day :) 

13 hours ago, Copanele said:

Big congrats for that psychedelic Cuphead run xD And I have to agree with you, as much as I hate Dr Kahl's Robot, Wally Warbles on Expert was FAR worse. The boss that made me also rage quit before picking up the game weeks later. 

Thanks so much, guys! Arcesius, a stud like you would make mincemeat of Cuphead?

And yes, I still think Wally is easily the worst boss on Expert. I always had trouble with the third phase, with the baby bird and the eggs. It makes me feel better knowing that I wasn't the only one to lose my cool with that game!

• Like 4

I've actually just bought Beholder 1 and 2 on the strength of you and realms respective write ups - they seem like a very interesting experience. So I'm really looking forward to that... I've gotta repurpose that Hobbit/Lord of the Rings song.. I think.. I should put it somewhere in my thread. As a result of this.

" My backlog grows ever on and on and on,
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,"

I'll add that to my opening post haha! All credit goes to Mr Tolkien of course - but it seems appropriate.. Awesome though, what is there to complain about having plenty of awesome games to play in the future!! ?

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 2

I believe in you, Bilbo Clarke!

If anything, the only real complaint goes out to real life - can't you see I'm busy and have games to play?? Leave me alone!

That's great to hear, I think you'll have a lot of fun with Beholder! I hope you managed to get those summer sale prices, it goes for stupid cheap whenever it's on sale. It's a cool experience, and it's short and sweet. As Realm said though, a guide is absolutely necessary, navigating on your own gets tricky real fast!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

I believe in you, Bilbo Clarke!

If anything, the only real complaint goes out to real life - can't you see I'm busy and have games to play?? Leave me alone!

That's great to hear, I think you'll have a lot of fun with Beholder! I hope you managed to get those summer sale prices, it goes for stupid cheap whenever it's on sale. It's a cool experience, and it's short and sweet. As Realm said though, a guide is absolutely necessary, navigating on your own gets tricky real fast!

That's the true struggle yeah!! ? -  I'm looking forward to it, I've kind of had my eye on them for a while.. You just cemented it, so that's great. I'll have to consult a guide then if it gets out of hand really fast.

I did manage to get those Summer sale prices, lucky me right? Even if I was cutting it a little fine haha! Which is nice - I don't think it cost me more than £5 for both games. So it would be hard to complain about a whole lot for that price. I might play the first one after I'm done with Final Fantasy IX

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

That's the true struggle yeah!! 1f602.png -  I'm looking forward to it, I've kind of had my eye on them for a while.. You just cemented it, so that's great. I'll have to consult a guide then if it gets out of hand really fast.

I did manage to get those Summer sale prices, lucky me right? Even if I was cutting it a little fine haha! Which is nice - I don't think it cost me more than £5 for both games. So it would be hard to complain about a whole lot for that price. I might play the first one after I'm done with Final Fantasy IX

Haha I kinda rushed my Beholder review because I didn't wanna be like "y'all should get this!! ...like in the sale that ended yesterday, that would've been pretty great, but oh well sorry bout that" and regretted it a bit, but I'm very glad you were able to swoop in!

The guide on TrueAchievements is excellent. There are videos but I strongly recommend the text based route because with the way everything keeps going in real time, at least for me I had to watch ten minutes at a time and then mimic that because a lot of stuff has to happen in a certain sequence, and with the RNG you need to know exactly what he's setting up in case certain people or tasks don't appear when you expect them to. It felt like a momentum sucker, so I ended up just using the text guide, which worked much more smoothly for some reason. Of course this was just my experience, so do with that what you will! Besides, you've still got Gaia to conquer?

• Like 1

-Don't-a Mind Me, I'm-a Just a Long, Uninteresting Update-

EA UFC 3 is not going down easy. Or at all, for that matter! Not that I thought it would be easy of course, that would be silly...

Wait... EA UFC... that starts and ends with E and C... E-C.. sounding that out, it sounds like... EASY! So why isn't it then?? You LIED to me, EA!!

In all seriousness, I will spare you the specific complaints and frustrations for now, as I will no doubt remember them when I do complete this game. That's right, UFC 3... you're only off the hook for now. I haven't forgotten about you, you uh... you bastard.

Yeah, that's right. I sure told him.

Despite not getting the plat now, it did jump up in percentage from like 17 to 90, which still contributes to my overall goal of a higher completion. But for now, I'ma play it on the side and just move it down the priority list, because this guy has been holdin up the show for way too long.

So as far as building up my completion, priority will rank as follows:

1. Rocket League

Still up there because it doesn't infuriate as much and I could use that right about now!

2. Family Feud

Dropped a notch because it is a pain to find people to play with online, much less to get the six remaining online victories I need for the platinum!

3. Batman: Arkham Asylum

This is one I've put off for long enough. Any advice on those challenges I will happily accept!

4. Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires

I will need to feed the urge to button mash between the precision necessary for AA and UFC!

5. EA Sports: UFC 3

Meh. We're not speaking right now.

Also I joined a completion challenge, and the aforementioned titles were not eligible so I've added these, which I will list in no particular alphabetical biographical chronological order:

1. Hitman

Can this still be completed? I recall having to be in the top ten of completing someone else's mission or something like that. I remember burning out on this game for some reason.

2. Final Fantasy IX

Been putting this off for a long time but don't want to write about the FFs I've completed without including this fella. Plus rjkclarke has inspired me with his excellent updates!

3. Yakuza 0

Another one I've been meaning to get into forever. I've heard nothing but good things about this franchise and I don't know why I stopped it after completing the intro!

4. Resident Evil 5

I played this with a buddy and never touched it again.. seems there are a lot of boosting sessions these days though, may as well take advantage?‍♂️

5. Cities: Skylines

This one seems like a blast but is so intimidating and I have absolutely no clue where to start... but with 100+ trophies this could whittle down my unearned number nicely.

6. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2

Another game I was never good at, but always had fun playing. I would really like to take the time to develop some skill with this.. and after completing the UFC level grind, I'm not terribly intimidated by the one presented here!

7. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Again, just so I can write about the GTAs I've already completed. Plus it's nice to have a game in these challenges that you've already beaten to a pulp in the past! Also, the previous challenge I took part in, I also played an RE, FF, and GTA title, so it seemed like the thing to do.

Lastly (anyone who read all that is well within their rights to be like "Bitch whatchu mean "LASTLY??!!"), I still want to get those monthly platinums, so I've got a few quicker games on deck, for which there is no priority.

-Beholder 2, Afterparty (thank you Realm!)

-Transistor (thank you Doc!)

-Dex (thank you, rjkclarke!)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, The Wolf Among Us, Assassin's Creed II, uhh probably other stuff as well, I'll keep an eye out.

I've got til next Spring to sort out all that I can, and my goals are to pass 50 plats, hit 90% completion, and clear out enough of my backlog that when I buy new games I don't feel kinda sorta guilty. After that I'm probably gonna take wifey on a vacay and leave the PS4 at home alone to think about everything that he's done to me!!

Whew.

Thanks for listening! I feel like I wrote all this from a therapist's office?

• Like 1

Feels great to get it all out though right....

That's going to be a blast reading your progress on Yakuza 0 in the months to come, I think. I love that game, so much. I think you'll really dig some of the really off kilter humour in that game. I always end up saving an unnatural amount of screenshots when I play the Yakuza games, because there's almost always something that you end up going "heh, why not, it's too funny not to screencap this and send it to some friends," then before you know it, you've got 200MB of screenshots from one game ?

If someone else doesn't send you any Arkham Asylum tips - I'll try and think of some and send them to you, I haven't played Arkham Asylum specifically, since I think 2011 or 2012 though, but if I can be of any help I'll do my best.

I think you're all good to still get the hundo on Hitman - someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was only the second one that had any kind of multiplayer component, which I heard they were planning to patch it to change the trophy requirement. Not sure if it was though, as I got the 100% on Hitman 2 before the servers were meant to close. Hitman is another one I really hope you have fun with.

I can't blame you for burning out, those introductory levels in Hitman are a bit pants (that's an understatement), I have no idea why they used the same tutorials for all 3 of the recent games either. Once you start to get to some of the more expansive maps, like Sapienza and Marrakesh, I found it all began to click a bit better and I had way more fun just experimenting, and playing around in the games sandbox.

• Like 1

From what I've heard the Hitman 2 servers are still up for doing those multiplayer sniper maps, but still not sure how long they will remain up. They were supposed to close them around the time of Hitman 3 launch, but it's gone a bit quiet on that front. For the contracts high score trophy, I think you just need to create a contract, and then just replay it and beat your own score. When you set it up, go in with a guns blazing approach, then re-do it as silent assassin. The others are just to play 10 different contracts, and then one featured contract, but those are fine, you can pick the easy ones. I think I just picked the 1 target/any disguise/any method ones ?

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 4:44 PM, rjkclarke said:

Feels great to get it all out though right....

That's what I pay this thread for, after all?

That's going to be a blast reading your progress on Yakuza 0 in the months to come, I think. I love that game, so much. I think you'll really dig some of the really off kilter humour in that game. I always end up saving an unnatural amount of screenshots when I play the Yakuza games, because there's almost always something that you end up going "heh, why not, it's too funny not to screencap this and send it to some friends," then before you know it, you've got 200MB of screenshots from one game 1f606.png

Thank you! Yeahmann, I don't know why I just up and stopped playing that. Really looking forward to it!

If someone else doesn't send you any Arkham Asylum tips - I'll try and think of some and send them to you, I haven't played Arkham Asylum specifically, since I think 2011 or 2012 though, but if I can be of any help I'll do my best.

I appreciate that, man! I got somewhat far along with the stealth challenges, but the combat ones just felt so beyond my reach that I dropped the game altogether. Lookin now at what games I can somewhat feasibly complete, that one kinda sticks out with a sort of "don't be a lil bitch, you could do this is you really put in the work and you know it" aura.

I think you're all good to still get the hundo on Hitman - someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was only the second one that had any kind of multiplayer component, which I heard they were planning to patch it to change the trophy requirement. Not sure if it was though, as I got the 100% on Hitman 2 before the servers were meant to close. Hitman is another one I really hope you have fun with.

I can't blame you for burning out, those introductory levels in Hitman are a bit pants (that's an understatement), I have no idea why they used the same tutorials for all 3 of the recent games either. Once you start to get to some of the more expansive maps, like Sapienza and Marrakesh, I found it all began to click a bit better and I had way more fun just experimenting, and playing around in the games sandbox.

On 8/20/2021 at 11:19 PM, Heather342 said:

From what I've heard the Hitman 2 servers are still up for doing those multiplayer sniper maps, but still not sure how long they will remain up. They were supposed to close them around the time of Hitman 3 launch, but it's gone a bit quiet on that front. For the contracts high score trophy, I think you just need to create a contract, and then just replay it and beat your own score. When you set it up, go in with a guns blazing approach, then re-do it as silent assassin. The others are just to play 10 different contracts, and then one featured contract, but those are fine, you can pick the easy ones. I think I just picked the 1 target/any disguise/any method ones 1f60a.png

Zees ees good to know? I made it through to the Colorado mission, and for whatever reason just went ADHD on it. It's an excellent game though! I had Silent Assassin back in the day and was strongly considering buying the HD Collection until I saw the franchise had been rebooted to pretty much unanimous praise.

• Like 2

A little late to the party here @YaManSmevz, but Hitman 2's multiplayer component (while actually really good) never had any trophies associated with it, so you should be all good. 

There were a couple of multiplayer trophies tied to the sniper missions, but those can be knocked out in 10 minutes, so as long as those servers remain, you are golden ?

• Like 1

Alright - you've convinced me - Just added the double pack of Beholder and Beholder 2 to my shopping cart, cause I gotta see this shit first hand... ?

Quick question for you - I noticed the games has an odd caveat on the PSN store - It says "ONLY PLAYABLE ON PS4".... then right underneath says the usual "to play on PS5, you may need an upgrade. Although playable, some features may be absent on PS5"...

...was there anything about the game you could think that would be covered by that?

It might just be that the dev hasn't done a check to make sure it runs perfectly... there isn't any stuff the literally couldn't work on PS5, is there? A VR component or something?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Alright - you've convinced me - Just added the double pack of Beholder and Beholder 2 to my shopping cart, cause I gotta see this shit first hand... 1f61d.png

Quick question for you - I noticed the games has an odd caveat on the PSN store - It says "ONLY PLAYABLE ON PS4".... then right underneath says the usual "to play on PS5, you may need an upgrade. Although playable, some features may be absent on PS5"...

...was there anything about the game you could think that would be covered by that?

It might just be that the dev hasn't done a check to make sure it runs perfectly... there isn't any stuff the literally couldn't work on PS5, is there? A VR component or something?

Yay!! Beholder for all!

As Flanders would say, that's a dilly of a pickle. The review on Opencritic includes PS5 with its available platforms, this is copy/pasted from the review -

PlayStation 4:Jan 16, 2018
Xbox One:Jan 16, 2018
Xbox Series X/S:Nov 10, 2020
PlayStation 5:Nov 12, 2020

So I'm assuming it should be fine, but I wouldn't dare to be like "IT'S 100% GUARANTEED BROH" because I'd be mortified if you bought it and couldn't play it?
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Yay!! Beholder for all!

As Flanders would say, that's a dilly of a pickle. The review on Opencritic includes PS5 with its available platforms, this is copy/pasted from the review -

PlayStation 4:Jan 16, 2018
Xbox One:Jan 16, 2018
Xbox Series X/S:Nov 10, 2020
PlayStation 5:Nov 12, 2020

So I'm assuming it should be fine, but I wouldn't dare to be like "IT'S 100% GUARANTEED BROH" because I'd be mortified if you bought it and couldn't play it1f62c.png

Good info mate, cheers!

I do actually have me PS4 still set up, but i've wiped all games from it, and packed most of the controllers etc. away apart from the move one - it is basically set up as a permanent VR station now. (which you would never know, since I have yet to actually use the VR, despite having been given it 8 months ago ?).

so at worst, it would mean doing a little busywork to haul that stuff back out - but if they work on PS5, all the better!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Zees ees good to know1f601.png I made it through to the Colorado mission, and for whatever reason just went ADHD on it. It's an excellent game though! I had Silent Assassin back in the day and was strongly considering buying the HD Collection until I saw the franchise had been rebooted to pretty much unanimous praise.

Unless you're a die hard Hitman fan, I'd say don't bother with the HD collection. Personally I didn't like Absolution that much, the linear gameplay really threw me after playing the reboot, and the dialogue/voice acting is awful.  Blood Money was better, but the controls are incredibly janky now, and the hit boxes are ridiculous. Although I'm hoping maybe they could do a Blood Money reboot in the current engine, but that's probably just extremely wishful thinking on my part ? 

The reboot trilogy is awesome though, and I highly recommend it. Although the 2016 and 2018 levels are all included in Hitman 3. I played through it so many times I know those levels inside out ? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

Unless you're a die hard Hitman fan, I'd say don't bother with the HD collection. Personally I didn't like Absolution that much, the linear gameplay really threw me after playing the reboot, and the dialogue/voice acting is awful.  Blood Money was better, but the controls are incredibly janky now, and the hit boxes are ridiculous. Although I'm hoping maybe they could do a Blood Money reboot in the current engine, but that's probably just extremely wishful thinking on my part 1f605.png

Controls coming as far as they have in the past twenty years or so is tremendously sobering when you go back to playing older games. I loved Silent Assassin but never got around to Blood Money despite hearing good things, and your reminder makes me much less nostalgic! No matter, I will happily settle for the current Hitman crop. Speaking of which, I might tackle that first so I can dive into Hitman 2 before those sniper trophies are unavailable?

Never say never on the reboot now, these days you never know...

....actually you're probably right, it's likely wishful thinking?

• Like 1