imh007

Playstation 4 9.00 Public Beta

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

... rolling out.

Main features updated in this System Software Beta Program version

• You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4

• In Messages, if you're the owner of a group, you can now delete it. Open the options menu, and then select [Delete Group]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members.

• Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won't leave groups that include other players.

Other update features

• When a child requests to use communication features for a game, their parent or guardian will receive a notification on the PS4 and PlayStation App.

The Beta code below can be redeemed by up to 20 qualifying accounts, so share the code with friends who you know would be happy to take part (they must be over 18 years old to participate).

YOUR VOUCHER CODE:

7EGR-MENG-4QDQ (code might be limited to european territories)

Code Expires: 31 October 2021

Edited by imh007

It's about flipping time they made those changes to the messaging service - now I can permanently erase my messages.

I see people saying online "no big changes as expected now that PS5 is out" but a PS4 firmware update didn't have major changes for like 3 years before the PS5 came out... surely there are more things they could've improved but no....

Posted (edited)

Still hoping they let us force removal of useless followers.

Edited by Lance_87

Hm, I won't have much time to test so will probably sit this one out. But group owner or not, I think all should be allowed to delete message groups. I hate the leave feature.. still wondering why they changed it to that 

Here's my code incase anyone wants it, i don't have a PS4 anymore so better let 20 others make use of it, it will be EU only i'm sure.

F386-34NH-BAA7

PS Now doesn't have the new updates, hope that's not a PS5 only feature. 

27 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Here's my code incase anyone wants it, i don't have a PS4 anymore so better let 20 others make use of it, it will be EU only i'm sure.

F386-34NH-BAA7

I have a code too

if someone want/need it

let me know

(EU)

I also got an email, but why should I test something without getting paid for it? That would be illogical.

I got 2 codes, feel free to take them.

AHQB-QQN7-L9DG (JP)

F5K5-5RNE-L95G (EU)

And here I am wondering if they would bring back the PS Communities. I know there have been a few that was helpful in finding online groups to boost PS4 games.

2 hours ago, imh007 said:

• You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4

about time. should've been the standard from day 1

26 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

And here I am wondering if they would bring back the PS Communities. I know there have been a few that was helpful in finding online groups to boost PS4 games.

Setting up a gaming session on here makes boosting very easy.

Communities was not that good on PS4, it was really dead and Sony neglected it.....Hopefully something similar but much better comes on PS5 and Sony actually update it.

The fact we can see PS5 trophies will be nice.

I read that apparently the new update will show a game with a ps4 and ps5 version separately but I don't member where I read it 

No one mentioned vertical trophy lists on PS5 here 🤔 was reddit mistaken? This is a huge thing for me so im surprised 

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Thephoenixshow said:

I read that apparently the new update will show a game with a ps4 and ps5 version separately but I don't member where I read it 

That's the PS5 update. This thread is about a PS4 firmware update.

Edited by Lance_87

Oh i read it as 4.900 Not Playstation 4 🤣 still, hopefully reddit was not wrong about the ps5 one

1 minute ago, OnlyCass said:

Oh i read it as 4.900 Not Playstation 4 🤣 still, hopefully reddit was not wrong about the ps5 one

Not wrong, i've seen screenshots about that.

Does anyone know how PS5 game banners appear on PS4 trophies list? Square or rectangular?

Over the years when it was new and I liked trying new things out, I uploaded some screenshots. Now many years later I want to delete those screenshots that are on our profile for all to see, but found out there seems to be no way to delete. I tried the hide but sometimes it works some you cant. Sony should fix that...

On 7/30/2021 at 11:18 AM, HondaHoe said:

about time. should've been the standard from day 1

I'm surprised it hasn't. Yeah, it should've been there since Day 1. I have a close friend on there who has a PS5 and I thought he didn't play any PS5 games the entire time he's had it. Must be because I can't see them on my PS4. 

Does anyone remember if you could see someone's PS4 trophies on your PS3?

3 hours ago, MarcioAP1 said:

Does anyone know how PS5 game banners appear on PS4 trophies list? Square or rectangular?

I suspect it'll appear square. :hmm:

2 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Does anyone remember if you could see someone's PS4 trophies on your PS3?

yes u can