Playstation 4 9.00 Public Beta

imh007

... rolling out.

Main features updated in this System Software Beta Program version

• You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4

• In Messages, if you're the owner of a group, you can now delete it. Open the options menu, and then select [Delete Group]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members.

• Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won't leave groups that include other players.

Other update features

• When a child requests to use communication features for a game, their parent or guardian will receive a notification on the PS4 and PlayStation App.

The Beta code below can be redeemed by up to 20 qualifying accounts, so share the code with friends who you know would be happy to take part (they must be over 18 years old to participate).

YOUR VOUCHER CODE:

7EGR-MENG-4QDQ (code might be limited to european territories)

Code Expires: 31 October 2021

Edited by imh007
  • Like 3

I see people saying online "no big changes as expected now that PS5 is out" but a PS4 firmware update didn't have major changes for like 3 years before the PS5 came out... surely there are more things they could've improved but no....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

And here I am wondering if they would bring back the PS Communities. I know there have been a few that was helpful in finding online groups to boost PS4 games.

Setting up a gaming session on here makes boosting very easy.

Communities was not that good on PS4, it was really dead and Sony neglected it.....Hopefully something similar but much better comes on PS5 and Sony actually update it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thephoenixshow said:

I read that apparently the new update will show a game with a ps4 and ps5 version separately but I don't member where I read it 

That's the PS5 update. This thread is about a PS4 firmware update.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

On 7/30/2021 at 11:18 AM, HondaHoe said:

about time. should've been the standard from day 1

I'm surprised it hasn't. Yeah, it should've been there since Day 1. I have a close friend on there who has a PS5 and I thought he didn't play any PS5 games the entire time he's had it. Must be because I can't see them on my PS4. 

Does anyone remember if you could see someone's PS4 trophies on your PS3?

• Like 2