Playstation 4 9.00 Public Beta

imh007

7 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

I'm surprised it hasn't. Yeah, it should've been there since Day 1. I have a close friend on there who has a PS5 and I thought he didn't play any PS5 games the entire time he's had it. Must be because I can't see them on my PS4. 

Does anyone remember if you could see someone's PS4 trophies on your PS3?

You can see all platforms except for PS5, on PS3 and Vita.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

How hard can it be so PS4, Vita and PS3 users can also see each other properly? Other than the "last logged in over 18 months ago" despite the fact they are online on a different system.

Sony isn’t going to change it back. They’re trying their best to shove the PS3 and Vita under the rug, with their latest change in making the messages app on Vita practically useless.

And recently, Sony has also made it a priority to remove PS3 games from PS Now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Sony isn’t going to change it back. They’re trying their best to shove the PS3 and Vita under the rug, with their latest change in making the messages app on Vita practically useless.

Not surprising, they are legacy hardware after all. They'd probably love to drop all support for them

• Like 1

On 02/08/2021 at 1:10 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Can you link a source?

On 8/2/2021 at 2:21 AM, Lance_87 said:

Wait, what?

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Sony is removing ps3 games from PSNow?

46 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Can you link a source?

I don’t have a source. I just know they haven’t really added anything noteworthy to the PS3 library. 

On 2021-07-30 at 8:41 AM, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Setting up a gaming session on here makes boosting very easy.

Communities was not that good on PS4, it was really dead and Sony neglected it.....Hopefully something similar but much better comes on PS5 and Sony actually update it.

Communities were actually really useful in certain circumstances. They were just really poorly implemented and difficult to moderate. ☹️

While I love PSNP boosting sessions, organizing one and finding players takes time. I used to primarily use communities for this purpose. You could simply find the top community listed under the drop-down menu beneath your games on the PS4 XMB and usually find a partner within minutes (especially for drop in, drop out style games like Far Cry, Borderlands, Dark Souls/Bloodborne etc.). I also used a lot of the trophy communities where people would share platinum screenshots and discuss trophies, and the biggest ones had hundreds of active users and were great places to meet people and help keep motivated. 

As for something better, it looks like Sony just announced a partnership with Discord back in May. Apparently they are planning on integrating Discord right into the consoles, so it sounds like it will basically function as a much improved version of what communities were thanks to the existing Discord infrastructure. Let’s just hope they don’t find a way to botch it because in theory it sounds pretty great.

On 8/8/2021 at 3:59 AM, Lance_87 said:

If they haven't added anything new, why did you say they are being removed?

There have been claims of various PS3 game suddenly being removed from Now with no notice, but not a lot of evidence that this is actually happening outside of two or three really old titles. In those cases, it was likely just the license expiring.

• 2 weeks later...