Only 2 more trophies needed, any advice?

Have spent way too long going through this game again and again xD still need ‘Acquired Taste’ (even though I keep doing what it says) and ‘Always There’ (can’t seem to get Sege to not work for Isla). Any help would be much appreciated as I’m pulling my hair out here!

Edit: Finally managed the platinum after much trial and error!

Edited by TomBarneyBarnes

I believe your issue may be that you need to agree to sell the sculptures to Robert to display them on the street instead of the winter sculptures. This is what I found the problem to be for me anyways. How did you go about delivering food to the sick kids?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm stuck with 3 more trophies.

"Direct" - should be easy correct? At the opening of the game I choose to "do it alone" when rescuing Casey, but the trophy will not ping at all for me, I've ran around the sinkhole, practically tried everything but it will not unlock for me.

"Acquired Taste" - Not a simple trophy whatsoever, I've attempted multiple runs of this, Seges design for Humphreys sign is a pretty easy one, however, the Street Sculptures is definitely where I think I'm going wrong.

It seems to me you have to sell the designs to Robert, but every playthrough of mine has ended up with the townspeople not liking the sculptures and in the winter you have to blow them up with TNT.

I'm guessing the sculptures NEED to stay up throughout the "Priorities" segment of the game.

Finally the Spring Statue is quite easy to pull off too, if you're on good terms with Sege (don't dissuade him from anything, go along with his plans a lot) Isla Banks will show up near the end of Winter and will sign you both onto an art contract.

That's how I got to build his version of the Fountain sculpture - "The Motor Bird"

But this also clashes with my final trophy I'm trying to get.

"Always There" - no matter what I've chosen to do so far, Sege has always ended up working for Isla. Therefore I can't help him "cope with all issues" (whatever they may be)

I've had a few runs through of this game and it's getting pretty tedious now, any help would be great.

For Direct, just go straight for the dog, don't talk to anyone, that's at least what happened for me.

Always There is a bit tricky. I at least know you and Sege both need to be offered a contract but then you turn it down. The way I got it on my first run would be to do the Humphrey sign the way they want it, Sege's street lamps and sculptures, and a traditional christmas. Hopefully that works

• Like 2

Thank you Fll3n-Archang3l.

Your reply about going straight for the dog pinged the "Direct" Trophy for me.

You go through the opening cutscene, get another little cutscene where you can pan the camera to see the dog. Select "Go it alone" and literally do not talk to the kids or the wife once the speak bubbles appear. STRAIGHT. FOR. THE. DOG.

Absolutely crazy!

Now all I need to do is work on "Acquired Taste" and "Always There".

It appears to me that no matter what you do, the townspeople never approve of Sege's street sculptures and you end up blowing them up with TNT by winter.

The townspeople also always hate his version of the fountain sculpture in the spring too.

I'll attempt "Always There" tonight too! Thank you for your tip! 

Not a problem, X-whispa2K8-X ☺

In a game where it's best to talk to everyone and see dialogue options, the fact that the trophy comes up by not talking to anyone is pretty silly. 

Also for Always There, make sure either you or Rene are working for the city, just in case. Everything after should be pretty easy. 

Now Acquired Tastes is really the kicker... hopefully there's a simple way to go about it, because I still have no clue ?

8 hours ago, Fll3n-Archang3l said:

Not a problem, X-whispa2K8-X 263a.png

In a game where it's best to talk to everyone and see dialogue options, the fact that the trophy comes up by not talking to anyone is pretty silly. 

Also for Always There, make sure either you or Rene are working for the city, just in case. Everything after should be pretty easy. 

Now Acquired Tastes is really the kicker... hopefully there's a simple way to go about it, because I still have no clue 1f616.png

I couldn't believe that was the solution to "Direct"! After going through that intro around 15 times wondering where I was going wrong I feel pretty stupid about that blunder! ?

Teetering on the edge of "Always There" too, once I have that I'll do some experimenting with Multiple Saves to see if I can get "Acquired Taste" ?

Once I do, I'll write my findings here as this trophy appears to be the hardest one to earn in the entire game. Definitely a specific route you need to take and much trial and error. ?

• 9 months later...