Are Break games fun?

Sikutai

Hi, this is the newest game in the series.

Break Games have never been on sale before, but a compilation has been available since this week, 6 games for 20 euros. That would be a saving of around 50 percent per game. I am now interested in trying out the series.

I know that the games have easy platinums. If we leave that out, are the games always the same and only differ in terms of the theme? Or are there variations of the gameplay in different games of this series?

Is this like the old brickbreaker game on my old Nokia Phone 20 years earlier?  Do you go crazy if you play 6 Break games in a row? 

They are beautifully colorful.

The break games are enjoyable to a degree. The break games I’ve played so far have literally all been the same in terms of characters, trophies and ball effects such as the laser and fire effects etc.

The only difference really is the theme of each break game such as Christmas, Halloween, Easter etc. 

You won’t really become crazy over playing all the break games all in one go from this 6 hame bundle however it will become very boring very quickly as like I said, the only difference is the theme of the games. 

Imo, individually, they’re not worth £6.50 or however much it is. Yes the games look very colourful, very beautifully developed but for the same ole thing? Over and over again? You’re wasting quite the money on this. You could easily buy a AAA nowadays for £10 - £15 which is well worth your time and effort. Not saying these games are bad in anyway whatsoever but personally, I’m waiting for a GOOD sale cause £6.50 for one is a tad pricey

• Like 3

The head to head versions are different from the mainline versions, but otherwise they're all the same. If you've played one you've played them all. Yeah they're fun if you want to kill a half hour or something. I'd recommend getting one or 2 but not the rest unless you just want the easy plats.

• Like 1

I played Donut and Sushi recently for the first time. I had fun and it was cute and all. Similar play styles but the theming just changes. IMO not worth the initial price but sale may be worth picking up. 

• Like 1

I am a sucker for brick-breaker games, if you are just going for the platinum in these games they leave something more to desire, but if you play each level all the way through their actually pretty enjoyable. Each of them are pretty much the exact same with coats of paint on them. So if you played one, you played them all from T-Mobile.

If you can it is cheap, give Energy Invasion a try, it is more full of a game and if going for Platinum you will get your brick-breaking moneys worth from it as well.

Edited by Gecko-Byte
A recommendation.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...