Megaman80

Is this a great game for a 7year old girl?

24 posts in this topic

My daughter is killing it in astro bot, but its too short, is this easy enough?

i kindda wanna buy it for her and maybe go for the plat myself.

Yes, it is. It’s fun, colorful and, in general, not too hard. There are lots of kids playing this game.

11 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

My 6 years old niece loved Spyro Reignited Trilogy, so I would also recomment that one to you.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Yeah i would say so. Apart from the challenges, especially the final one which i would suggest dont go for the platin. Ive got plat in the crash trilogy but cannot do the ripsnorter challenge on this. 

Its a fairly long platfomer which i think she will enjoy if she thought astro was too short. 

Edited by dannyswfc9

The only difficult part/trophy are the speedrun challenges. That's probably too hard for a 7 years old child. The rest of the game isn't really difficult and can be played in co-op to make it more fun and give assistance if necessary. I'd say give it a go.

41 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

get her a game called human, fall flat

loads to do, is fun for kids and has a lot of free dlc

She will love this and you can play it with her!

Very good game as well!

22 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

get her a game called human, fall flat

loads to do, is fun for kids and has a lot of free dlc

Thanks i will try this out as well

Thanks for the relpies.

And if anyone has tips for games that are not too hard feel free to share them!

4 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Thanks for the relpies.

The Paw Patrol games are pretty appropriate for early gamers. Couple puzzles, lots of platforming. 

not sure if she's seen any of the hotel transylvania films, but hotel transylvania 3 is a fun little game

It's Coop so you could play alongside her, (You can get the PS4 version if you don't have enough controllers.)

Worth remembering that the main character is always referred to as Sackboy, regardless of how masculine or feminine she customises them

Indesided to get that new sackboy game, and it was a major success! Highly recommend this game. I even think it was great. I think i should be able to do the last challenge.

I might already commented this somewhere else in this forum: this game is amazing. Not only is fun for your kid, but even for adults who enjoy platform games 😊

Considering she won't go for the Platinum and just enjoy the game, she will have a good time in colorful levels, variaty in gameplay with new gadgets and a sense of completionist, since she unlocks more outfits when finding most collectibles 😊

If you're looking for another Short yet great game for her, I would suggest New Super Lucky's Tale. It's not mentioned so often here, but you should take a look on YouTube about this one. 

On 2021-07-31 at 11:33 AM, Megaman80 said:

Thanks for the relpies.

I’d suggest the following:

Any LEGO game (has couch co-op so you can play together)

The Bibi and Tina horse games

Cat Quest (or II had co-op as well)

Fantasy Friends

Island Saver (Free!)

Minecraft (on peaceful mode; no monsters)

Scribblenauts

On 31-7-2021 at 5:33 PM, Megaman80 said:

Thanks for the relpies.

Gigantosaurus The Game is nice and childfriendly. My 5-year old is having a great time with it.

Posted (edited)

Definitely no (coming from a tennis game fan). Get her another game to play (sackboy maybe).

This is the worst tennis game so far. It's not simulating real tennis and AI cheats (by going the oppisite direction when you push analog in one direction). The play style is cheap and can quickly wear out the fun. 

If she loves tennis, get her top spin 4 on PS3 (buy a PS3 if you have to😂). 

Edit: oh dear lord. I just replied the wrong post.. Ignore what I said. Yes get her sackboy!!!!!

Edited by YokA_sun

Sackboy is a great option, the same with Super Lucky's Tale, a pretty easy and fun game. I didn't play it myself but I think Little Big Planet 3 is pretty much the same than Sackboy in terms of difficulty. Is she a big Disney fan? I think Kingdom Hearts 3 is a great game too, but be aware that "magical" combats are a important part of the game, so it might be a bit tiring after a while, even playing on easy which is one of the easiest modes in the whole game industry.

22 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

Sackboy is a great option, the same with Super Lucky's Tale, a pretty easy and fun game. I didn't play it myself but I think Little Big Planet 3 is pretty much the same than Sackboy in terms of difficulty. Is she a big Disney fan? I think Kingdom Hearts 3 is a great game too, but be aware that "magical" combats are a important part of the game, so it might be a bit tiring after a while, even playing on easy which is one of the easiest modes in the whole game industry.

Never thought on kingdom hearts 3, i will show her, or get the demo if there is one

Yes! 

(Confirmed by an old 24 years old boy xd)

Now for real, the game is awesome, innocent and fun to play, even for you if you want to try it out. Sackboy never dissapoint 

On 4.10.2021 at 0:03 AM, NordicSaiyan said:

Yes! 

(Confirmed by an old 24 years old boy xd)

Now for real, the game is awesome, innocent and fun to play, even for you if you want to try it out. Sackboy never dissapoint 

We both love sackboy, its on an entire other level then littlebigplanet, we played 3 levels today and we both enjoy. I also have the platinum, which was quite hard to to the knight challenge.

On 31/07/2021 at 3:28 PM, Megaman80 said:

The co-op mechanics are really inventive and fun too btw. So if you are playing together it does a great job of involving the both of you in level progression. There are also a bunch of levels which are designed for two players to overcome. It's a lovely game for all ages really. Hoping we'll get a sequel for this.

i let my 5 yr old play maneater she loves it. shouts OM NOM NOM NOM at the tv

On 3.10.2021 at 0:58 AM, Jeanoltt said:

Super luckys tale was a major success, this is the kind of game which really is manageble for kids. She started it on my a cound once and i got the trophy after watching the intro. Although the plat is 51% rate is was not that easy. I would even say 5 of 10 or so