Double Plat = Cheating?

cronocyde

Hi guys,

I buy this game recently and I plan to platinum it on Vita first.

My question is: if I use the cross-game feature and earned the platinum on the PS3 (which would be my second platinum for the same game), would it be considered cheating and will get me in trouble here on PSNProfiles.com?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Trophy auto pop is the same as hacking to me, since you don't go through the EXTRA effort of platinuming the game again. It is not seen as cheating on this site (I think it should be, it's just as cheap as the socom hack), but most people do consider it cheating. Why should you earn a platinum if you don't earn it again? I platinumed Demon's Souls, Disgaea 3, and Brink multiple times, but I earned them every time I got the platinum. I could go off and 'hack' myself 3 platinums in the next 5 minutes through sound shapes, but that's just being cheap. If you want two platinums, then earn them both.

Couldn't agree more with this statement kirbz

• Like 1

Trophy auto pop is the same as hacking to me, since you don't go through the EXTRA effort of platinuming the game again. It is not seen as cheating on this site (I think it should be, it's just as cheap as the socom hack), but most people do consider it cheating. Why should you earn a platinum if you don't earn it again? I platinumed Demon's Souls, Disgaea 3, and Brink multiple times, but I earned them every time I got the platinum. I could go off and 'hack' myself 3 platinums in the next 5 minutes through sound shapes, but that's just being cheap. If you want two platinums, then earn them both. 

I agree with this. Personally I'd rather games not have separate trophy lists but its a bit unfair to get 2 plats for 1 games worth of work. And nope it's not cheating to have two plats for the same game.

Thanks for the fast response! I will surely do it with Sly 4 :-) Thanks!

Completely unrelated:

Hey delboy_rules, I noticed that you're playing LBP Karting, do you have any problems with the online trophies? I try to get them but they has not popped yet when they should have! :-(

I Plat'd LBPK - all the trophies popped when I expected them too aside from a couple online ones.  I had to play a 30% more online games that required to get the online.

It's not cheating since it's an official process over Sony's cloud save servers, even advertised by them as a selling point as others said above, is it cheating or hacking? No. However it is no doubt cheap platinum to get with little effort, whether you are okay with having double platinums on your profile is up to you, however many trophy hunters who own a vita have a double platinum.

I think the bigger issue here is Sony's complete and utter failure to have one, single list for a game with cross-PS4, PS3, and VITA support all on that one list - Instead, most cross-platform games have their own separate lists (even though they have the exact same trophies). There's been only a handful of games that have done it correctly so far as I've seen. Sony still doesn't seem to be trying to fix it either, for example, recently Sony has been publishing two identical lists for half the games on PS4 so far.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1