Double Plat = Cheating?

cronocyde

• 2 months later...

Personally, I am big on only receiving a platinum that you truly earned; I'm making it a point to never just fill up my trophy list with 'cross-save' or 'sound-shape-type' multiple platinums, because I personally feel like that is like cheating. I wouldn't call it 'cheating' as such; you've earned the trophies, but I feel that if you want your list to demonstrate that you've earned it twice, you SHOULD actually earn it twice.

I'm also a bit different in that I will NEVER play a game purely for the trophies/plat; if I want to play something, then I will. Gameplay always comes first and trophies second.

I also believe that 'boosting' trophies, while not 'cheating' either as such, doesn't give the sense of satisfaction that earning trophies the legit way does. For example, "Smoke Me a Kipper" trophy in Pixeljunk meant so much more to me because I earned it by skill and not through someone else letting me win. On the other hand, if the game is an old MP/co-op game where either the community sucks or no-one plays, I can definitely understand getting someone else to give you a hand. Same with something like Dead Nation, where you might need the other played to play the whole campaign co-op with you. I see absolutely no issue with this, because this is working together. Where boosting is more like 'cheating' is when you (or the other person) purposefully let someone win over and over again.

So basically, I'm in the 'yes it is like cheating' camp; but it is definitely a legitimate/sanctioned way of earning trophies as from Sony, so I'm not going to tell you not to do it :P

Edited by FluffyAssassin64
  • Like 1

cross play is not cheatin and ppl are entitled to do it with as many games as they like, thats what the user agreement states... however i think its cheatin masqueradin as cross play, its very cheap and lazy so ppl who do it should be put in stockades then have hanah montana games thrown at them for punishment or be forced to play hanah montana for a whole year...

then again they'd like that... :S

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

• 5 weeks later...

Cross-save is not cheating and people are entitled to do it with as many games as they like, that's what the user agreement states... however I think its cheating masquerading as cross-save, its very cheap and lazy so people who do it should be put in stockades then have Hannah Montana games thrown at them for punishment or be forced to play Hannah montana for a whole year...

Then again they'd like that... :S

For starters your spelling and grammar is horrible, its called cross-save not cross-play so please learn the difference, and it is not cheating nor is it cheap as it is a legit system.

The constant arguing over this is laughable at best and should just stop.

• Like 1

For starters your spelling and grammar is horrible, its called cross-save not cross-play so please learn the difference, and it is not cheating nor is it cheap as it is a legit system.

zzZ...

you're a few weeks late pal...

edit: my 'horrible' grammar is deliberate as it is quicker for me to drop capitals, shorten words and leave out most if not all punctuation marks but before criticisin my grammar you may want to concentrate on your own...

it is it's not its...

so petty...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

• 3 weeks later...

zzZ...

you're a few weeks late pal...

edit: my 'horrible' grammar is deliberate as it is quicker for me to drop capitals, shorten words and leave out most if not all punctuation marks but before criticisin my grammar you may want to concentrate on your own...

it is it's not its...

so petty...

I think he is confused about the definition of spelling and grammar because that was not even his issue with your post.  Technically you called it by a different name.

Petty.  Tom Petty.

yo-dawg-grammar.jpg

Answering the thread: No. I don't consider it cheating; because it's not.

Edited by Evi
  • Like 1

I think he is confused about the definition of spelling and grammar because that was not even his issue with your post. Technically you called it by a different name.

Petty. Tom Petty.

it's like a mind fuck within a mind fuck on forums...

what he failed to realise is that i pointed out how it's not cheatin, he also states that there is constant arguin when nobody is arguin on this topic...

anyways what's new with the punk'n'lizard site?...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

• 1 month later...

For some odd reason after insulting someone you'd think everyone would take your advice. 

So that's where the word egotistical derived from.

As for On topic: To each his own. Seeing as how current gen games, and some last gen games are doing it too, are going 60+ bucks = 4 hours worth of enjoyment, with less trophies i might add, then by all means if you can spend 20 and get 2 plats and 3 times as many trophies hey..go for it. Oh and actually spend more than 4 hours playing the damn thing....

As for the person that thinks it's cheating boosting mp trophies. Eh some company put's some lametastic mp trophy in a game that didn't deserve to have mp in the first place then damn straight i'll boost it. If i want mp i'll buy a game with either all mp or was actually made for mp. aka..Assassin's creed..so not mp....

Edit: I love being fasionably late.

Edited by TalynnStrike

• 8 months later...

to sum everything up, game creators allow it sony supports it and everyone can choose what they want from it we all make our own choices i own ps3 ps4 and vita to multi platinum whether i must redo all like ratchet and clank or free be due to games with cross save the door is open to all putting us all on the same level. how you decide to game is up to you. i have enough painful games like skylanders swap plat once but still have 2 incomplete total of 12 play throughs got boring so i can say from both perspectives who cares. just check my list of multi hell walking dead and wolf amoung us 3x each what a drag after first 2 plus Japanese edition in mail for walking dead.

• 2 weeks later...

Its getting the trophies in what Sony considers a legit manner, so bash on.

(Kinda wish id known about it before I platted it on vita then sold the game and deleted my saves!)

It doesn't matter, unfortunately. The game attaches your trophy data to your save data when you cross save it. Even a 0% savefile when cross saved will autopop every trophy for you. I learned this the hardest way on my last collectables (using the vita-ps3 radar thingie).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/sly-cooper-thieves-in-time/249010-beware-game-made-autopop-trophies.html

I have a few auto pop games but im glad those games don't exist anymore lol I have a few double platinums that people complain about but I don't care because i still enjoyed myself playing every last second of those games :3

Here's my take on this "cheating". rsoto1125 and ant1th3s1s 's posts said this better than I thought of - So here is the relevant sections copy-pasted.

"It isn't cheating. To cheat is to violate the rules and/or guidelines in order to achieve some goal.

I earned all of those trophies, and if Sony wants to reward me 3x as much for my work then how am I not entitled to it?"

"I don't have an unlimited supply of time to game these days, so when a "legal" opportunity presents itself to save a bucketload of time, I'll take it.

In the end, you have a choice whether or not to take the shortcut to the double Platinum and there's no reason not to do it if you've already beaten the game. No-one else cares about your trophy card."

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, closertim said:

Does anyone know if I plat this game on the American version, save to cloud, my account is new Zealand so I buy the European version for the vita will the cross save work or does it have to be the same region save? 

Pretty sure it won't work. Cross save is regional only. Only a handful of games available that did cross save through regions Project Diva was one 

If Sony feel that they want to reward those who have invested in multiple systems with additional platinum trophies then taking advantage of this clearly isn't cheating. I would never buy a game that wasn't cross buy just because it was cross save and I could auto pop a plat, but I have auto popped sound shapes as it was just sitting there in my library. 

I've also platted the Midnight games on VITA and PS4 "legitimately" because it wasn't cross save. I don't mind doing that with little timekiller games, but I'd never do it with a 100 hr long AAA. Life is too short and the backlog too long. 

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

youre in the wrong section buddy, you just opened a necro thread from 7 years ago on a different game. glad you got your answer but try to keep things a bit organized

Now, now - prior to his posting, there were posts as recently as December, uhhh, 2018. That's merely 1+ years. ?

• Like 2