Double Plat = Cheating?

cronocyde

• 1 year later...
On 10/12/2013 at 4:54 PM, Kirbz said:

Trophy auto pop is the same as hacking to me, [1] since you don't go through the EXTRA effort of platinuming the game again. It is not seen as cheating on this site (I think it should be, it's just as cheap as the socom hack), but [2] most people do consider it cheating. Why should you earn a platinum if you don't earn it again? I platinumed Demon's Souls, Disgaea 3, and Brink multiple times, but I earned them every time I got the platinum. I could go off and 'hack' myself 3 platinums in the next 5 minutes through sound shapes, [3] but that's just being cheap. If you want two platinums, then earn them both. 

1 : They probably use the extra effort and energy in something more valuable, like saving lifes per example.

2: To confirm that we would need a survey from a valuable source I guess. From what i saw only in this thread, nearly the half says its not cheating, other half as cheap. But only 1 or 2 people as cheating. And if you take a look in the achievers, a lot of people are doing this. When i say a lot, i really mean a lot. Which is kinda confusing for me when you say most, I would rather change it to few or some

3 : From what i see, if you use the cross-save, some people will call you cheap. If you don't and do it a second time, an other group of people will say you are a no-life since you are wasting your time for peanut trophies. Whatever you do, you will be always in the wrong for some people. 

To answer the OP, this isn't cheating. You bought the game, you did the work once, you did all the requirements, it's legit, approved by developpers, it isn't a hack and it isn't a glitch. It was meant to be, and on purpose. Use the extra time in something else. But especially do it for yourself. Anyway at the end of the day, nobody really cares about the trophy list except you. 

• Like 1