Removed from EA Play at August 16th, 2021 - Server shutdown incoming?

ConAir

On the website from EA it says Hot Pursuit will be removed from the EA Play program at the 16th of August. Even though this service update says nothing on a possible server shutdown, I assume these servers will be slashed in the next round of server shutdowns. 

In case you don't have access to a (valid) online pass, I can confirm you can grab all online Trophies within the 2-day trial period if you have a boosting partner. The Autolog/Dreamshot (Photo) Trophies don't have to be obtained in that period. You just need to be connected to PSN and Autolog.

As far as i can tell its not even on the service, only the Remaster which just got added. If they are on about the Remaster that's odd to be removing it so early. 

Edit. So it is just the original but where that's available on EA Play i don't know. But it will be removed because the Remaster is on, this was announced a while ago and won't be a server shutdown. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

As far as i can tell its not even on the service, only the Remaster which just got added. If they are on about the Remaster that's odd to be removing it so early. 

Edit. So it is just the original but where that's available on EA Play i don't know. But it will be removed because the Remaster is on, this was announced a while ago and won't be a server shutdown. 

This page says it's only being removed from Steam. Like you say I don't think this is any reason to think that a server shutdown might be incoming. If they were going to shut down the servers for this game anytime soon, they would have done it with all the other NFS games that are being shut down at the end of August. They're most definitely only removing it because it's redundant to have both the original and the remaster on EA Play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

It might be available on EA Play for Xbox, since they offer some backwards compatibility titles with them too.

7 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Thanks for the background information. 

And as I wrote in the opening post, I don't expect a server shutdown at the 16th of August, but it will be some kind of warning that it will come.