Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

20 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Hey, firstly welcome to RJK, enjoy these awesome events.

I've literally finished Agents of Mayhem about 10 minutes ago. Really enjoyed the game as a whole but the grind sucks and the only massive piece of advice I can give is to make sure you focus on connected contracts from the get go!! There are 3 per day, others do not help you out and I've spent 6 days doing them on top to get this complete. Guides suggest they count when you aren't online but I did loads and nothing. Cheers

Thank you!

I appreciate the advice - I suspect that is absolutely going to come in handy, I'll make sure to keep that in mind when I eventually start Agents of Mayhem. Which I think might be the game after next - I tend to only play one thing at a time if I can, otherwise I lose focus. It's great to hear you had a good time with it, because it's not like you hear that all too often when it comes to that game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Update 2 -

I'm actually going to use both of my swaps and also add a title. I know we're super early in the challenge, but despite how my good intentions with Monster:Hunter World and Monster Hunter:Iceborne were, they are taking up a sizeable amount of game time in the midst of a pretty large release spike (we're talking 100-200 hours). Removing them pretty much means I can squeeze in a few more newer release titles that I really want to play so the whole experience should now be more varied and manageable for me.

Probably not a bad thing to get more games done as MHW does eat a ton of game time. Lost in Random does intrigue me as well so look forward to hearing about it.

I think we are allowed 5 swaps for this event so you still have a few just in case. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gruffiiti said:

Probably not a bad thing to get more games done as MHW does eat a ton of game time. Lost in Random does intrigue me as well so look forward to hearing about it.

I think we are allowed 5 swaps for this event so you still have a few just in case. ;)

For some reason my tired brain was saying 'Only two swaps for you in this challenge mate'. I need more coffee!

2 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Finished Erica.  Worst game I've ever played in my life.  Yea, yea, I know.  Should of used a guide.  12 playthroughs

This comment thinks  that "you are magic too"

I can't imagine how sick of hearing that you were by playthrough number 6 let alone number 12 - you sure put a lot of your real life skill points into the patience stat that's for sure. Well done on getting through it.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Update 2 -

I'm actually going to use both of my swaps and also add a title. I know we're super early in the challenge, but despite how my good intentions with Monster:Hunter World and Monster Hunter:Iceborne were, they are taking up a sizeable amount of game time in the midst of a pretty large release spike (we're talking 100-200 hours). Removing them pretty much means I can squeeze in a few more newer release titles that I really want to play so the whole experience should now be more varied and manageable for me.

• The first swap being Deathloop - which is receiving some pretty positive reception and now they've revealed a bit more about the game, it seems like it will be right up my alley
  • The second swap being Lost in Random - which looks wonderful and has had some pretty nice feedback from some of the streamers and channels I watch.
  • Finally, the game I'm going to add is one that I've been waiting to get stuck into for a long long time and is now available to play on PS - Carrion - which is a 2-D horror adventure platformer where you play the monster and it has some serious John Carpenter's The Thing vibes about it which I adore.

As for game progress, I've been chipping away at the mini-games for Judgment. I don't have a huge amount of trophy progress still, but my in-game progress is chugging along nicely. I'll be ranting about my experience with Mahjong, Shogi, Puyo Puyo and Baseball soon enough.

Take care of yourselves and I'll see you in the next update!

Hide contents
  1. Monster Hunter: World - 47%  >>> Deathloop 0%
  2. Monster Hunter: Iceborne - 1%>>> Lost in Random 0%
  3. Hades - 0%
  4. Judgment - 14% > 17%
  5. Lost Judgment - 0%
  6. Psychonauts - 0%
  7. Pyschonauts 2 - 0%
  8. Monster Harvest - 0%
  9. Kena Bridge of Spirits - 0%
  10. Tales of Arise - 0%
  11. Far Cry 6 - 0%
  12. Guardians of the Galaxy - 0%
  13. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Blackwater - 0%
  14. Dying Light 2 - 0%
  15. [Added] Carrion - 0%

[Swaps used 2/2]

You did the right thing there, even with playing Monster Hunter World/Iceborne 1hr everyday for six months. You would still probably have a month or two left to finish  both games platinums.

Thats just how massive those games are.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Congrats on getting through that bitch of a game.  I hated it by the 3rd playthrough, and I used a guide.  I know you didn't want this sitting in your backlog forever so fought through it.  Kudos to you!!

This right here!! I thought I was the only one who couldn't cope with anymore by playthough 3 but gritted it out to get it gone lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freddie1989 said:

Minor update due to my horrendous choice of game and total lack of wanting to finish the ones I've started.

Finished off Agents of Mayhem from the last challenge so that was a win.

Worms is intolerable now but still have stuff to do. Hopefully online tonight then just grit out the rest. Sonic is unbearable after 4 acts only so might end up swapping that one out.

Started Days Gone last night which is my one positive. Really enjoying what that's about so far.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War 0%

Days Gone 0% - 5%

Worms Battlegrounds 24% - 68%

Sonic Mania 0% - 4%

Emily Wants to Play 0%

Assassin's Creed Unity 40%

Late Shift 0%

The Last of Us Remastered 0%

Rage 2 0%

Need for Speed Payback 0%

Days Gone = most underrated game on ps4.

Wild-Arms-R.png

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Minor update due to my horrendous choice of game and total lack of wanting to finish the ones I've started.

Finished off Agents of Mayhem from the last challenge so that was a win.

Worms is intolerable now but still have stuff to do. Hopefully online tonight then just grit out the rest. Sonic is unbearable after 4 acts only so might end up swapping that one out.

Started Days Gone last night which is my one positive. Really enjoying what that's about so far.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War 0%

Days Gone 0% - 5%

Worms Battlegrounds 24% - 68%

Sonic Mania 0% - 4%

Emily Wants to Play 0%

Assassin's Creed Unity 40%

Late Shift 0%

The Last of Us Remastered 0%

Rage 2 0%

Need for Speed Payback 0%

The Sonic comment makes me feel sad. I loved Sonic Mania so much, I wish they'd make more Sonic games like it