Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

3 hours ago, Heather342 said:

Not a whole lot going on for me gaming wise this week. My hand has been in a lot of pain, turns out Gamer's Thumb is a real condition, although it did crack me up to learn that it's also known as Nintendonitis 1f602.png. Only real cure for it is to rest it, and that can take up to 6 weeks. Not ideal, but needs must and all that.

That's wack man, I'm sorry to hear that! Nintendonitis is hilarious though, reminds me of those old Sega ads saying "Genesis does what Nintendon't"?

Do you stretch out your hands before playing? When I was a kid, my grandfather talked to me about the potential link between gaming and carpal tunnel (the 80s were a very alarmist time - DRUGS! AIDS! VIDEO GAMES!) and suggested I do stretches every time I play. I'd be lying if I said I did it every time but for the most part it stuck, and I haven't had any problems.

Hope you start feelin better, homie?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

That's wack man, I'm sorry to hear that! Nintendonitis is hilarious though, reminds me of those old Sega ads saying "Genesis does what Nintendon't"?

Do you stretch out your hands before playing? When I was a kid, my grandfather talked to me about the potential link between gaming and carpal tunnel (the 80s were a very alarmist time - DRUGS! AIDS! VIDEO GAMES!) and suggested I do stretches every time I play. I'd be lying if I said I did it every time but for the most part it stuck, and I haven't had any problems.

Hope you start feelin better, homie1f44a.png

Unfortunately I did not perform any warm up exercises before my mad gaming sessions, but this is the first time I've had an injury like this. Since the start of the pandemic my gaming time each day has gone way up, there's not been much else to do in the past 18 months ?. It started giving me grief towards the end of the summer backlog challenge, I took about 10 days of more chilled out gaming playing Civ 6 and it did start feeling better, but then last week I went pretty full on in CTR which I think just aggravated it again. Guess I will have to start stretching properly before future gaming sessions. This is a dangerous hobby we have ?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

Unfortunately I did not perform any warm up exercises before my mad gaming sessions, but this is the first time I've had an injury like this. Since the start of the pandemic my gaming time each day has gone way up, there's not been much else to do in the past 18 months 1f605.png. It started giving me grief towards the end of the summer backlog challenge, I took about 10 days of more chilled out gaming playing Civ 6 and it did start feeling better, but then last week I went pretty full on in CTR which I think just aggravated it again. Guess I will have to start stretching properly before future gaming sessions. This is a dangerous hobby we have 1f601.png

I was never out of work during the pandemic, but my wife was, and while I longed to be at home, watching movies and playing video games all day, she assured me it was pretty miserable after a while. I assumed it was because she wasn't a gamer, but now I know that she probably would've just ended up injured!

I hope your hands start feeling better soon! You're an absolute beast and you've got so much more bad ass trophy hunting to do?

It is dangerous. We gamers are a crazy breed - half in love with death, gobbling up danger like ordinary men eat peanuts!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Almost done (I hope!) with Oxenfree.  Trying this without a guide, but reading the trophy descriptions seems pretty straight forward.  Doing my silent run right now.

Then onto Inside, which is really a mind-blowing game!

Not on my list, but jumping into ESO here and there which will be my "never will finish" game. :lol:

ESO is one of those games I'd love to play, but is just far too intimidating. With all the games I have in my backlog and knowing how much time needs to be spent on it. Plus....the Emperor trophy ?

• Like 2

Quick question. I got a PS5 recently after getting an email offer through the Sony direct store, woohoo! So I was wondering if I can add some PS5 games as I get them (I don't know which ones I'll play yet) or should I list them first before playing them. For example I just finished Hoa on PS5, beautiful art style, but I haven't picked that as part of my list before getting into it. Your thoughts?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KunoGuy said:

Quick question. I got a PS5 recently after getting an email offer through the Sony direct store, woohoo! So I was wondering if I can add some PS5 games as I get them (I don't know which ones I'll play yet) or should I list them first before playing them. For example I just finished Hoa on PS5, beautiful art style, but I haven't picked that as part of my list before getting into it. Your thoughts?

You can add any list of games start from 0% to 33%, 50% Max 2 games. 

I don't think you can add finished games before attend to participated in this event except the games hasnt start yet or backlog

You can ask @MidnightDragon for details

Edited by GrantVernonHart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KunoGuy said:

Yea, go right ahead.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Hey everyone! If it's still possible I would love to enter this event, been a part of some of these in the past and they're always great fun, if I'm still allowed to these will be the 5 games I'm going to start out with:

PS3

1f532.png God of War: 10% 

1f532.png Dead Space 2: 11%

PS4

1f532.png Human Fall Flat: 10%

1f532.png Crypt of the Necrodancer: 30%

1f532.png Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: 39%

I'm fully aware of the challenge I'm puting myself into here, especially trying to complete Necrodancer, let alone within the given timeframe. However, I suppose there is no harm in trying and these are definitely games I'm looking forward to play atm. Good luck everyone with your list! I'll be enjoying catching up on all the updates so far.

Yep, you're good. Added.

• Like 1