Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

2 hours ago, skeggah said:

I have a question about Subnautica by the way. I put it on my list thinking I would do it through the dev menu, meaning I can knock it out in about an hour. Is that considered cheating for this challenge? If that is the case i will use a swap on it, i don't have the willpower to go through it legit. 

I don't think you'd be able to use the dev menu, possibly would fall under the same category as auto-popping which is not allowed for the challenge

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

I don't think you'd be able to use the dev menu, possibly would fall under the same category as auto-popping which is not allowed for the challenge

That is what I'm thinking as well, it feels kinda logical. I guess I was a little quick in making my initial list and getting started! ?

@MidnightDragon, could you please be the judge on this? I have no problems with using a swap here.

7 hours ago, skeggah said:

I have a question about Subnautica by the way. I put it on my list thinking I would do it through the dev menu, meaning I can knock it out in about an hour. Is that considered cheating for this challenge? If that is the case i will use a swap on it, i don't have the willpower to go through it legit. 

I would argue that's perfectly fine. Most people use this option for Conan Exiles (because it sucks) and its not down as cheating.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I would argue that's perfectly fine. Most people use this option for Conan Exiles (because it sucks) and its not down as cheating.

It's not deemed cheating, but this event doesn't allow auto popping of games to count for the sake of completing it, but at the same time stacks aren't supposed to be allowed and someone has stacks on their approved list so who knows.  Stuff like console commands, dev menu, etc aren't mentioned though (probably because it's pretty rare).  Probably would be a case by case since there's also stuff like how Nier Automata allows players to buy some of the trophies in game, but they do still have to beat the game and get all endings for the plat.

• Like 1