Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

Been a blast reading through everyone's progress so far.

4 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Why doesn’t this site have a preview button?

It does if you are using a PC, but then on PC you can just highlight text and click on the big B to make whatever you want bold - which you might not be on PC I'm guessing... so that probably isn't helpful for you..... ? My bad.

I actually more wanted to make this post as a way to say Congrats on those platinums - I hope you had a good time with X-Men Origins. I think that's pretty top of the tree as far as movie licensed games go, it certainly blows its movie counterpart out of the water.

How did you find Lords of the Fallen by the way? I was thinking of adding that if/when I get through the ten games I've already allocated - it's not really something I had on the agenda to play any time soon, but this event has already motivated me to a play a couple of games I really wasn't planning to play anyway, so I thought that one might be worth chucking on too.

Looks like you've got some really interesting games coming up too, hope you enjoy those.

oh and this isn't an afterthought @YaManSmevz - I just can't seem to figure out a concrete way of quoting between pages, if you only want to highlight small bits of text..... Nonetheless, It's great to see your making a real dent in Hitman now - I hope your enjoying it, because that is such a fantastic game.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

oh and this isn't an afterthought @YaManSmevz - I just can't seem to figure out a concrete way of quoting between pages, if you only want to highlight small bits of text..... Nonetheless, It's great to see your making a real dent in Hitman now - I hope your enjoying it, because that is such a fantastic game.

Thanks, buddy!

Yo I'm really glad I got over myself and came back to it, Hitman is such a blast. The levels are gorgeous, the controls are smooth, and the unintentional hilarity of the NPCs is so great.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Been a blast reading through everyone's progress so far.

It does if you are using a PC, but then on PC you can just highlight text and click on the big B to make whatever you want bold - which you might not be on PC I'm guessing... so that probably isn't helpful for you..... 1f606.png My bad.

I actually more wanted to make this post as a way to say Congrats on those platinums - I hope you had a good time with X-Men Origins. I think that's pretty top of the tree as far as movie licensed games go, it certainly blows its movie counterpart out of the water.

How did you find Lords of the Fallen by the way? I was thinking of adding that if/when I get through the ten games I've already allocated - it's not really something I had on the agenda to play any time soon, but this event has already motivated me to a play a couple of games I really wasn't planning to play anyway, so I thought that one might be worth chucking on too.

Looks like you've got some really interesting games coming up too, hope you enjoy those.

Thanks RJ! 

I am typically using an IPad to post here and the formatting can get pretty irritating. Simple things like italics and bolding text are no problem, but once I start doing things like colourizing text or centering images, it throws my whole posts out of whack for some reason. For example, I tried to highlight all my completed games in green text, wrapping them each individually in the green color codes, but then instead it made the entire post green and showed a bunch of broken codes in random places. It’s embarrassing having to edit a post like 20 times to fix all these little things that break when a simple preview button would work wonders.

As for X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wow! I was really not expecting it to be such an awesome game. For starters, I am not really a big superhero fan so a superhero game is not necessarily an automatic win for me. I’m also well aware that most movie licensed games are complete trash lol. But this one was actually pretty high quality, and the hack n slash gameplay was loads of fun, especially for me as I’m a big fan of those old God of War style hack and slash games! 

If the new Wolverine game that is coming out is going to feel and play anything like this one did, it’s going to be amazing. I am definitely hyped for it now!

This is what I wrote about Lords of the Fallen in the Ultra-Rare Cleanup thread here. As you’re probably aware, the game has a pretty bad reputation, and was initially a bit of a rough start for me (I hated it for the first few hours lol), but actually ended up being a very enjoyable game once I settled into it. I just went back and mopped up the DLC last night and overall I’d have to say I had a lot of fun with it. I’m really happy to clear it from the backlog too because it’s been sitting there and collecting dust for several years now. It’s definitely worth a look if you enjoy Soulslike games. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Thanks RJ! 

I am typically using an IPad to post here and the formatting can get pretty irritating. Simple things like italics and bolding text are no problem, but once I start doing things like colourizing text or centering images, it throws my whole posts out of whack for some reason. For example, I tried to highlight all my completed games in green text, wrapping them each individually in the green color codes, but then instead it made the entire post green and showed a bunch of broken codes in random places. It’s embarrassing having to edit a post like 20 times to fix all these little things that break when a simple preview button would work wonders.

As for X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wow! I was really not expecting it to be such an awesome game. For starters, I am not really a big superhero fan so a superhero game is not necessarily an automatic win for me. I’m also well aware that most movie licensed games are complete trash lol. But this one was actually pretty high quality, and the hack n slash gameplay was loads of fun, especially for me as I’m a big fan of those old God of War style hack and slash games! 

If the new Wolverine game that is coming out is going to feel and play anything like this one did, it’s going to be amazing. I am definitely hyped for it now!

This is what I wrote about Lords of the Fallen in the Ultra-Rare Cleanup thread here. As you’re probably aware, the game has a pretty bad reputation, and was initially a bit of a rough start for me (I hated it for the first few hours lol), but actually ended up being a very enjoyable game once I settled into it. I just went back and mopped up the DLC last night and overall I’d have to say I had a lot of fun with it. I’m really happy to clear it from the backlog too because it’s been sitting there and collecting dust for several years now. It’s definitely worth a look if you enjoy Soulslike games. 1f642.png

The only draw back to wolverine are the dogtags if I remember. Some of them were quite hard to get. But yah slashing through the enemies was a blast. 

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

The only draw back to wolverine are the dogtags if I remember. Some of them were quite hard to get. But yah slashing through the enemies was a blast. 

Yeah there’s a lot of them (around 95 iirc) and while most of them are fairly easy to find, there’s a handful that are highly missable. And there’s no trackers. Luckily there is an excellent text guide on PlayStation Trophies for all the collectibles so I had no problem following along as I played. 

The only aspect of the game I disliked was hard mode being locked and the lack of NG+ and the way upgrades don’t carry over. It didn’t make a lot of sense to me, as it’s virtually impossible to get anywhere near the max combat reflexes & unlock all the skills by the end of a playthrough, yet none of this stuff carries over into new game/hard mode. So you end up wasting a lot of time grinding enemies out in chapter select to max out Wolverine, only to start hard mode from a new game file with none of your stats or upgrades. Maxing out your upgrades is really just for the sake of trophies and has no real purpose beyond that.

18 hours ago, skeggah said:

That is what I'm thinking as well, it feels kinda logical. I guess I was a little quick in making my initial list and getting started! 1f601.png

@MidnightDragon, could you please be the judge on this? I have no problems with using a swap here.

Let me think about this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

PS - Sorry to ask this for the 3rd time, but I was wondering if in the next update you can add Celeste and Dead Island: Riptide to my list? I’ll be knocking those off pretty soon so I wanted to get them included in the event if possible. Thanks!

Also if anyone wants to give me BBcode lessons too it seems I badly need them. 1f602.png I keep attempting to colour my finished games, but it ends up colouring the text in the entire post and making a huge mess. Why doesn’t this site have a preview button?

Hey, if you want to add games to your list you just do so. On your next update just include your additions as long as they fit the criteria.

Awesome progress by the way on some great games.

13 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Seriously guys, if you haven't started this game and own it, avoid it like the plague.  It might be a reasonable enough trophy list, but the glitches are awful and it's not that good of a game that I would actually want to play it four times.

Oof! I got Shiness a while ago because I thought it looked interesting but after reading your struggles with the game... eeek!

Thanks for the heads up. I may just have to forget about it if it's that bad (the trophies at least), good thing I bought it at a discount.

6 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Oof! I got Shiness a while ago because I thought it looked interesting but after reading your struggles with the game... eeek!

Thanks for the heads up. I may just have to forget about it if it's that bad (the trophies at least), good thing I bought it at a discount.

Yeah, the game breaking glitches are the worst.  Two that stopped progression entirely (had a backup for one luckily) and once that forced me to take a harder route that resulted in me screwing up and voiding the game over trophy.  Invincible is the trophy from hell and I haven't even gotten to the worst part for that trophy yet.  If they made the no game overs trophy more fair and resolved the game breaking glitches it wouldn't be a bad game at all but it's a huge mess in its current state and won't ever be fixed because the dev went bankrupt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hisuiryu said:

@MidnightDragon So it turns out when Control was PS+ I managed to not claim the PS5 version (I was very confused when I tried to download it...). Can I change this swap to be for Bugsnax instead of using another swap up for it?

Update 3 - 

These are getting later in the week! I will resume my normal Monday updates next week hopefully! Anyway, only one thing to talk about here, I have now finished ME3! It took longer than expected but I had a lot of fun replaying the series. Thankfully it was only a handful of missions that really gave me trouble, so my full play on insanity wasn't as painful as I'd feared early on. I ended up not managing to hijack a mech in the play as typically there was too much ally and power damage to not just destroy them.... in fact the only time I broke the glass was in the Omega DLC section, but I ran out of ammo to kill the pilot and Aria killed it by the time I got some more! Since you can do the Eden Prime mission before Palaven it didn't take long to get it alongside the gunsmith trophy.

Next up I think I'll started either TLOU2 or NeoTWEWY (and some Tropico DLC) - got to really pick up the pace for this challenge!

• Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition - 68% → 100%

Full List

Reveal hidden contents

1. Alienation - 1%
  2. Bloodborne - 0%
  3. Control (PS5) - 0% (???)
  4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 0%
  5. DJMax Technika Tune - 24%
  6. Final Fantasy Type-0 - 13%
  7. God of War (2018) - 0%
  8. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 - 17%
  9. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS3) - 0%
  10. Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition - 68% → 100%
  11. Mirror's Edge - 0%
  12. Natural Doctrine - 5%
  13. NEO: The World Ends with You - 0%
  14. Pyre - 0%
  15. Remember Me - 8%
  16. Sonic Mania - 0%
  17. Surgeon Simulator - 38%
  18. The Last of Us: Part II - 0%
  19. Thumper - 0%
  20. Uncharted: Golden Abyss - 2%
  21. Valkyria Chronicles - 0%
  22. Zone of the Enders HD - 0%

Swaps used: 1/5

Yea, that’s fine.

On 9/22/2021 at 3:20 AM, skeggah said:

That is what I'm thinking as well, it feels kinda logical. I guess I was a little quick in making my initial list and getting started! 1f601.png

@MidnightDragon, could you please be the judge on this? I have no problems with using a swap here.

Well, I’d rather you not, but can’t really force you not to, either, so…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, neospoon said:

Update #3

I've decided to add Driver San Francisco to my list. I started the game during the challenge and it's already up to 42%. But I originally only added Tomb Raider: Underworld as a higher percentage game. I think this is within the rules? If not I'll take it off again, but will finish it anyway. If it's against the rules I'll swap out another game for it. 

• Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 0% > 100% (47/47) :platinum:
  • Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed - 17% > 51% > 62% (38/49)
  • Driver San Francisco - 42% - (24/51)

• Silent Hill: Book of Memories - 28% (22/62)
  • Just Cause 4 - 1% > 7% (8/61)
  • Dead Space 3 - 14% > 17% (14/59)
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld (JP) - 44% (19/33)
  • God of War: Ascension - 21% (13/36)
  • Rayman Legends - 21% (14/51)
  • Gravity Rush 2 - 15% (11/48)
  • Dead Space 3 - 14% (10/59)
  • MediEvil - 13% (8/39)
  • Little Nightmares - 4% (2/22)
  • Republique - 1% (1/30)
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - 0% (0/42)

Need for Speed Shift 2: Unleashed
Made some good progress in Shift 2. When I finally get in the mood to play it again, I'll try and finish it. 

For now it's on the shelf for a little bit as I'm having way too much fun with Driver San Francisco.

MISC

Nothing is getting done at the moment... After I finished the online trophies for Max Payne 3, I went straight back to Medal of Honor, and finished Tier1 mode to get the platinum.

After that, I found a group working on Battlefield 4, so I joined that session a couple of times to get the last 2 DLC trophies done. After 7 years its finally at 100%

At that same time I started playing Driver San Francisco, and I liked it so much that I was thinking about swapping NFS Shift 2 but I'm going to add it to the list.

Besides that I got the platinum for Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered. Just for fun. I enjoyed the original release so I bought it again on PS5. I'm getting distracted a lot by other games that I really enjoy playing. Focus Neo, FOCUS...

Anyway... that's it for my third update! Keep the updates coming!
Hope everyone is having fun and getting stuff done!!

JDM is the best cars for beginners/Ametuer muscle is too hard to handle ?

• Like 2