Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

49 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

In a quick update Pumpkin man was completed my next attempt. Only a 1hp run and no killing bats run left. Or maybe I should combine them but that would mean an extra headache trying to do both. Any thoughts?

When i was playing el shaddai I'm not pushing myself too hard except hard and extra mode if you so good on that game you can do that both or just enjoy the game relax you'll get that trophy in no time ???

• Like 3

@MidnightDragon

I used my five swaps a few days ago, but I can't download Gravity Rush on my Vita. I'm being hit with error C0-9250-6 which prevents PS+ titles from being downloaded. A few people here are having the same issue with no solution. If the issue can't be fixed anytime soon, can I possibly have a free swap to remove Gravity Rush?

7 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

@MidnightDragon

I used my five swaps a few days ago, but I can't download Gravity Rush on my Vita. I'm being hit with error C0-9250-6 which prevents PS+ titles from being downloaded. A few people here are having the same issue with no solution. If the issue can't be fixed anytime soon, can I possibly have a free swap to remove Gravity Rush?

Think that’s a good enough reason. Can’t help it if the network doesn’t wanna play nice. So yeah. 

• Like 1

Since several have asked, I’m gonna explain. A swap is when you change one title for another and you can do it five times max unless an exception is made. If you just add it to the list without changing titles, that isn’t a swap. All have to fall within the normal rules.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, InfinateEternity said:

I know it's rather late. But, I think I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring for this challenge, as my backlog has become a rather massive behemoth, and I need someone to hold me accountable for actually killing it off, rather than adding to it....1f605.png (Seriously, it's become a problem...) I'm going to list 30 games to start (listed in the spoiler below to save space) and then add in additional sets of 5 once those are complete. (for easy tracking on my end.) There will probably be a LOT of overlap with other events that I'm doing. But, that's okay. Anything to improve my completion % is worth it.

Committed Games (Round 1 - First 30) - 0/5 Swaps Used

Reveal hidden contents

01. King's Quest: The Complete Collection (PS4) | Current Progress: 41%
02. Life is Strange (PS4) | Current Progress: 35%
03. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS4) | Current Progress: 25%

04. Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions (PS4) | Current Progress: 23%

05. A Winter's Daydream (PS Vita) | Current Progress: 18%

06. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) | Current Progress: 18%

07. Senran Kagura Bon Appetit! (Hanzo X Crimson Squad) (PS Vita) | Current Progress: 5%
08. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS4) | Current Progress: 4%

09. Nurse Love Addiction (PS Vita) | Current Progress: 1%

10. Code Realize: Bouquet of Rainbows (PS4) | Current Progress: 1%

11. Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles (PS Vita) | Current Progress: 1%

12. Song of Memories (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

13. Punch Line (PS Vita) | Current Progress: 0%

14. Little Misfortune (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

15. Zero Time Dilemma (PS Vita) | Current Progress: 0%

16.Call of Cthulhu (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

17.Erica (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

18.Vampyr (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

19.Life is Strange: Before the Storm (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

20.Hatoful Boyfriend (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

21.Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

22.The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

23. Beyond: Two Souls (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

24. Black Clover: Quartet Knights (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

25. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

26. Resident Evil 0 (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

27. Resident Evil (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

28. Resident Evil 2 (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

29. Resident Evil 3 (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

30. Final Fantasy 8 (PS4) | Current Progress: 0%

Added

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Update #4

1. Agents of Mayhem (PS4) 0% > 95% >:platinum:100%
  2. Beholder 2 (PS4) 11% > :platinum:100%
  3. Darksiders III (PS4) 0%
  4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (PS3) 0% > :platinum:100%
  5. Hue (PS4) 0% > 100% 2705.png
  6. Bastion (PS4) 0%
  7. Pyre (PS4) 0%
  8. Legend of Kay: Anniversary (PS3) 0%
  9. Resident Evil 4 (PS4) 0%
  10. Oxenfree (PS4) 0%

Games Completed - 4/10

It's great to see everyone making some really decent dents in all of their backlogs - I've enjoyed reading along through all of these, even if I have been doing it silently - you're all doing great. Keep it up!

Thoughts on Agents of Mayhem:

Thank goodness I've gotten Agents of Mayhem finished - that almost made me want to avoid playing video games entirely for a while - what a vapid hollow experience that game gives you.

I actually struggle to think of many games I've enjoyed playing less than that one - but hey, it's done now, again I'm so grateful for this event existing because I definitely don't think I would actually have bothered to finish otherwise

If you wanted to read my very frustrated and pretty scathing thoughts  about that game in more detail you can find them in the usual place here.....

Thoughts on Hue:

Whilst Agents of Mayhem was a dreadfully draining experience - Hue was exactly the kind of light and interesting puzzle experience that I needed to pick me back up and get me motivated again.

The visual style is thoughtful and strikingly unique - the way in which the puzzle elements are introduced gradually over time mean that you never really become overwhelmed by them.

It's a very fun time, that if you do have it in your backlog I'd recommend thinking about playing - it took me about 8 hours but that was with plenty of breaks so you could knock it out much faster - without missing any of the games nuance

If for some reason you wanted a more in depth rundown, again you can find my thoughts here....

Also @DFuzed - Thank you so much for bringing Procession to Calvary to my attention - I had no idea what that game was, but the first time I see that game go in sale I think I'm going to have to buy it - that sounds like some of my favourite things baked into one of my favourite types of video game. Another +1 for this awesome event!

I think I'm going to tackle Bastion next- it looks like none of the games I've got left are going to drive me to frustration like Agents of Mayhem did (I mentioned I didn't like it right?1f606.png) so onwards and upwards as they say!! Perhaps I'll add some I know will get to me, just to get them completed.... Y'know - to torture myself and such!

Keep cutting those backlogs down folks!

Good to hear your thoughts on AOM. I thought the concept was quite good but the repetition drove me insane. Every mission just had a Legion lair to do again and again. Then the idea of online contracts with no online play was absurd and that one trophy made me dislike it myself.

• Like 1