Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

7 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

What are your thoughts on Resi 5? I just picked it up recently on sale and I’m looking forward to playing it. Although it looks like the creepy atmosphere of 4 is gone, the ramped up action does look cool and most of all it looks like a game that would be a lot of fun to play with a friend or two.

Also I don’t want to say too much about Asylum until I finish it and write a review, but I will say it has been heaps of fun and really surprised me! I’m just down to the combat challenges now so you better get crackin if you want to beat me. 1f606.png

I'm not nearly as big a fan of five as any of the ones before it, to be honest! The controls felt like a step back, the horror element was pretty much gone, and the AI companion can result in feeling like you're babysitting from time to time. With co-op though it definitely is a lot of fun! All that said, I think it's a good game, just far from my favorite of the series!

Daaaaang. For whatever reason I thought you were just starting. That's what I get for assuming?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:
  1. PGA Tour 2K21 (ps4) - 13% —> 97% (only need 1 grind trophy, will probably take 1-3 weeks of a little every day).

I earned this one for this event, so let me guess, the one where you have to beat all the rivals.  Make each tournament 1 round and turn the difficulty sliders down that way you can more often than not earn 7 points per round of golf, stick takes 3-5 rounds per rival, but it is still better than nothing.  There is also a setting to get rid of the cut scenes going to other golfers around the course which significantly speeds things up. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, The_Head_Crusher said:

I earned this one for this event, so let me guess, the one where you have to beat all the rivals.  Make each tournament 1 round and turn the difficulty sliders down that way you can more often than not earn 7 points per round of golf, stick takes 3-5 rounds per rival, but it is still better than nothing.  There is also a setting to get rid of the cut scenes going to other golfers around the course which significantly speeds things up. 

exactly ? i did all that, and my plan is to just do a couple rounds everytime i play. No need to burn out ?

On 2021-12-11 at 3:08 PM, YaManSmevz said:

I'm not nearly as big a fan of five as any of the ones before it, to be honest! The controls felt like a step back, the horror element was pretty much gone, and the AI companion can result in feeling like you're babysitting from time to time. With co-op though it definitely is a lot of fun! All that said, I think it's a good game, just far from my favorite of the series!

Daaaaang. For whatever reason I thought you were just starting. That's what I get for assuming1f633.png

I’ve only played RE5 for an hour or two on my alt and I thought the controls actually felt a little smoother and more responsive than RE4. But I agree with everything else you said.

Obviously it’s too early to tell, but I was disappointed in the complete lack of the horror atmosphere that makes this series so great, and I noticed right away that managing the AI companion can be a bit of a chore as you constantly have to be picking up ammo for them or giving them orders, otherwise they’re kinda useless. I just wanted a quick taste of the gameplay but I don’t plan on starting this for a little while so I’ll hold off judgement until then. And when I do start, I’m hoping to play the majority of the game in co-op to maximize the experience.

And yea I kinda did just start haha, the actual story part of the game is quite short if you start on hard mode, and the Riddler trophies are ridiculously simple than I collected the majority of them while playing without any sort of assistance. The real challenge here is the combat rooms…. They are hard as fuck! I’ve been chipping away at them for several days now but I still got a few left. I’ve got some time to play today so I’m hoping to make a big dent in the last ones I’ve got.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Dying Light

What? what is this?! A game not on the list?! I have been playing this on the side as not only is it one of my favourite games of all time, they are also running a seasonal winter event where your character is pretty much at god-mode level with hand to hand combat. I figured, what the hell, I'll jump back in and mess around. And that was it. I'm fully absorbed now, trying some of the DLC I missed, working on levelling up my Legend levels etc. I'm aiming for the full 100% in this one, which means I also need to tackle a fair amount of the online stuff.

Pro-tip - If you really want to play Dying Light before the sequel arrives early next year, this is the perfect time to do it as the seasonal event (which ends on the 23rd December) will help you blast through the story and main game, and will likely reduce the platinum time quite a bit. It's still a commitment though, this game has tonnes of content.

I fully intend to start some boosting sessions to take care of the online trophies and also to have some fun, so if anyone is planning on playing, let me know, i'll be happy to run a few sessions together :)

Where is this seasonal event dude? On PSNP? This has been in my backlog for years now and just never got round to it. I enjoyed what I started if it though 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Update #7

Unfinished Games I am pledging to try and finish this Fall (NOT INCLUDED in this event):

1. Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition - 67%

2. SINNER: Sacrifice for Redemption - 51%

3. Sound Shapes - 86%

4. Max Payne 3 - 92%

While not included in the event, you can finish Sound Shapes by playing it just an hour a day for like a week.  The death runs are difficult yet it's not some 5 or 6 hour event between trophies.  I played it on my lunch hour daily for like a week, and I had it wrapped up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Where is this seasonal event dude? On PSNP? This has been in my backlog for years now and just never got round to it. I enjoyed what I started if it though 

It's an in-game winter event running to the 23rd Dec. I hadn't started the game up for years, but it turns out, Techland have been supporting the hell out of Dying Light since 2016 with loads of events and drops. They even had a system similar to the golden keys code redemption from Borderlands, if you are familiar with that stuff. Added the event trailer in spoiler tags below:

Spoiler

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

While not included in the event, you can finish Sound Shapes by playing it just an hour a day for like a week.  The death runs are difficult yet it's not some 5 or 6 hour event between trophies.  I played it on my lunch hour daily for like a week, and I had it wrapped up.

Yeah I’m aware that it’s quite short and I’m close to finishing, I just haven’t picked up the game in ages so I can’t be assed lol. I keep prioritizing other stuff over it. One of these days I’ll just sit down and bang it out quickly when I’m in the mood for a couple dozen quick easy trophies. 

• Like 1